Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I think I need one of these. Anyone here with experience?

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/travel-trailers/legacy-elite-2/

LOL

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Research Bigfoot trailers. Very similar and not sure of current prices. I had a 17’ Bigfoot that traveled all over North America. MTG

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
$$$$$$$

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Intended purpose and tow vehicle?

Last edited by mjac; 04/26/24.

"My two most favorite people are Navy Corpsmen and Marine medivac helicopter pilots" - MEJ 0311 1967.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
You need it until you realize you can only take it SOME places. The rest of the time a slide in camper is needed. Or a wall tent. That is what I've learned from having a 24ft lifted trailer! I still use mine but it is limited in it capabilities, when camping out of established campgrounds! You will enjoy it !! Just realize going in your limitations.

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
That sounds like alot of money for that , not sure what makes it so special? We bought a used 2008 NorthWoods Nash, 22’ , solar equiped, for 10k . This was about 8 yrs ago . Very happy with it , a great 4seasons trailer.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We have a Casita which is a shorter, single axle version of this. The Oliver is 6' longer and has some very good upgrades over the Casita but both are overpriced. There are lots of websites on modifications you can make. Most of the mods are actually fixes for stuff it should have had from the factory. You can get into a lot of money in a hurry if you start doing mods on them.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It's fiberglass. Like living in an eggshell. $95K for a small trailer. It's up to you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's whatever makes you happy!

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
The urban rangers have jumped on the trend 'to go where no man has gone before', calling themselves overlanders and boondockers. It's very trendy right now, and a niche market has sprung up to serve the trend. Some of the vehicles have more than the original purchase price in gadgetry, updates, fixes, modifications. Some have the all terrain, tactical trailers...I shudder to think what these folks have tied up in gear and wheels, solar arrays and electric bikes. We see them frequently in Winnemucca or Battle Mtn when we go to town for fuel, but seldom see them in the sagebrush or rocks. I think they hit the Steens Mtns, Hart Mtn, Jarbidge and Ruby Mtns a lot. I suspect it's more important to be seen by fellow boondockers than to have the solitary outing where you don't see anybody for a week.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Well if you're going to have a full solar array on board you're going to be packin weight.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Wonder if it has a Lippert frame ??

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Similar to the Scamps but bigger. I've considered a 13ft scamp for just my needs but personally I can't justify the cost. They have gotten ridiculous.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by rainshot
It's fiberglass. Like living in an eggshell. $95K for a small trailer. It's up to you.
Originally Posted by ConsuelaBalls
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
We like out camper vans. So convenient and unremarkable to drive around anywhere. Fuel efficient. Current one is a Ford Transit 250, longest one. It has a mini WC/shower that is luxurious actually, 50 gallons of H2O means no hassles finding it. Hot water. No schedule. No reservations. No expensive campgrounds unless super cold and laundry time. 12 volt fridge and fan.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I had two like this, they are all overpriced, last one was a 19’ and very well made, but at 6’2” and 270, that bathroom didn’t work, they are made to pull with 1/2 ton . I called factory’s on them, what make all these egg campers is bottom is one piece fiberglass and top is one piece also, then put top on bottom for a seam that is tight. I had to go to a 36’ toy hauler.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
We like out camper vans. So convenient and unremarkable to drive around anywhere. Fuel efficient. Current one is a Ford Transit 250, longest one. It has a mini WC/shower that is luxurious actually, 50 gallons of H2O means no hassles finding it. Hot water. No schedule. No reservations. No expensive campgrounds unless super cold and laundry time. 12 volt fridge and fan.
Is it AWD or do you need a run at it, to get across the bar ditch?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Oliver, Scamp, Casita, Bigfoot... I'm sure there are more. All are double wall, fiberglass bodies (think boat hull), and are better for 4 season use, as the tanks are internal (vs mounted under, like a traditional travel trailer, Jayco for example). They last longer, have better resale, are better thermally, you don't have to seal the roof, like on a traditional trailer. The negatives, are they are BIG $$$ (you could buy 2 traditional camper trailers of the same size), and because of the molded shell, no slide outs. That means less internal space (no slides), but they are better for 4 season use (cold/water).

I REALLY want a Big foot B25RQ (rear queen), but just like the Olivers, they're close to $100K (the thing doesn't even have a motor or transmission :-).

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Heym06
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
Is it AWD or do you need a run at it, to get across the bar ditch?
Ha! The Promasters with stock tires got stuck on green grass. We still got out of a muddy snow covered dirt road in Nevada one day by not stopping until a turn around appeared. Slushing down hill was easier. I would not have been better off towing a little Oliver trailer.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Fireball2

If your serious about a camp trailer. Check out Wesrern Range Campers

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Locus’s, those off road pop ups are cool, had two regular ones, that’s a young man’s game, very nice for hunting trips.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TomT
Oliver, Scamp, Casita, Bigfoot... I'm sure there are more. All are double wall, fiberglass bodies (think boat hull), and are better for 4 season use, as the tanks are internal (vs mounted under, like a traditional travel trailer, Jayco for example). They last longer, have better resale, are better thermally, you don't have to seal the roof, like on a traditional trailer. The negatives, are they are BIG $$$ (you could buy 2 traditional camper trailers of the same size), and because of the molded shell, no slide outs. That means less internal space (no slides), but they are better for 4 season use (cold/water).

I REALLY want a Big foot B25RQ (rear queen), but just like the Olivers, they're close to $100K (the thing doesn't even have a motor or transmission :-).

Escape and Cotes are players in that space as well. The shells will last indefinitely. Some interior stuff is superior to traditional TTs. Other stuff is the same.

All of those are budget busters for me. This is the route I took. Azdel walls inside and out, fibeglass skin and aluminum framing. No wood in the structure.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Fireball2

I think it is a swell idea for you...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

310 members (222Sako, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 160user, 10Glocks, 34 invisible), 1,741 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,750
Posts18,495,308
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.