Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
sandpit Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
i have lived in the desert most of my life except when overseas, i also taught tank gunnery in the army. i know about ballistics and long shots and what it takes, i;ll take my chances. you ever hunt the high desert? or are you the best there is

Last edited by sandpit; 04/26/24.
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
What contour?

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Talking to me or the guy that needs to reduce his med.s????? Cabin fever, booze and drugs don't mix. HINT!!!!!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Typical "slow" day yesterday. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

2nd from far right is a Lilja 7" RPM 224 Speedmire Montucky with 88's at 3200fps. Hint.

You Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqktards are a hoot! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
You think you the only one with nice guns. LOL I see you give them names Fhuqktard. LMAO

Last edited by TA 17 Rem; 04/27/24.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You CLUELESS Brokedick Crying Kchunts are a hoot! Hint.

Pardon Splendid Wares that exist,as you Pretend aloud. In "fairness",I only have (4) Vudoo's and (1) Vudon't. the differences are beyond "stark",as you feverishly Google for a clue. Second from far left is a Vudoo wearing Bartlein spout,typical Shilen S/S 2-ounce trigger and MacaMillion handle,60 MOA rail and Swiffer 5-20x MQ FFP LitBitch. Hint.

Keep your Hurt Feeler Reports coming,as you obliviously quantify your Dumbfhuqktitude. Hint.

Bless your heart for trying.

Hint.

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by TA 17 Rem
Big mistake on 1-8 twist but you'll learn from your mistake.

Quote; Definitely a different animal... flat shooting long ranger. : Unquote Heavy bullets do not shoot flatter than a faster and lighter bullet. Actually, they drop like a rock. In real world most shots at live targets are taken at less than 400 yards so no need for a heavier bullet less you are shooting at game too large for what your cartridge was designed for.

TA:

not intending to start an argument, but I do have to ask from campfire experience over 20 years, have you ever shot a 22.250 with a 1 in 8 or 1 in 7 twist? We have had people who post and do NOT have any hands on experience, but do still offer an opinion that differs from those who have shot something that is getting questioned.

It pains me to agree with Stumpy for once, but without his input I've still found out the same thing he did. A heavier bullet is more aerodynamic in 22 caliber, and the heavier weight also has more sectional density which helps it fly further ( and flatter) even if having a slower MV starting it out.

The same thing is true for the 223. With bolt action 223s, and a longer throat and a faster twist to stabilize the heavier bullet with more sectional density, it will easily double the range potential of a 223. Easily proved this in bolt 223s, shooting 68, 69, 73, 75 and 80 grain bullets. A 40 grain bullet out of a 223 at 4000 fps, still runs out of gas way before a 80 grain Match bullet or A Max will, leaving the Muzzle at 2750 to 2850 fps. Even moreso, with a 22.250 leaving the muzzle at 4150 to 4250 fps.. vs a 80 grainer leaving the Muzzle at 3350s fps.

Just passing this on. Let your conscience be your Guide. I will not take offense if you don't agree with me. We all have a right to our opinions. But I do submit mine is based on experience, putting a lot of each end of the spectrum down range at distances out to 800 yds or more.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Big Stick
You CLUELESS Brokedick Crying Kchunts are a hoot! Hint.

Pardon Splendid Wares that exist,as you Pretend aloud. In "fairness",I only have (4) Vudoo's and (1) Vudon't. the differences are beyond "stark",as you feverishly Google for a clue. Second from far left is a Vudoo wearing Bartlein spout,typical Shilen S/S 2-ounce trigger and MacaMillion handle,60 MOA rail and Swiffer 5-20x MQ FFP LitBitch. Hint.

Keep your Hurt Feeler Reports coming,as you obliviously quantify your Dumbfhuqktitude. Hint.

Hint.

Gotta admit Stumpy. FIRST TIME I've seen a hunter not wearing Florescent Orange in the field, but has spray painted his entire rifle with the color. You're a pioneer among men Stumpy....That rifle shines as much as that polished bald head of yours....so bright we'd need dark sunglasses to hunt in the same woods with you...

Ain't easy being Schtick is it?

Have a good day tomorrow Stumpy !

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

Besides being an Amazingly CLUELESS Brokedick Whining Dumb Fhuqk,you just also "happen" to be a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You can't even fill a Tag by yourself and are a HILARIOUS Professional Victim "living" vicariously. Mainly,because it's your ONLY "move". Hint.

I find it funnier than fhuqk,that you DUMBEST Of Fhuqks always become a "we",as you flounder in your ineptitude. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
15 minutes and caught a Coon in the Garbage can......

he can't resist himself....

IC B3

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W

Quote; Definitely a different animal... flat shooting long ranger. : Unquote Heavy bullets do not shoot flatter than a faster and lighter bullet. Actually, they drop like a rock. In real world most shots at live targets are taken at less than 400 yards so no need for a heavier bullet less you are shooting at game too large for what your cartridge was designed for.

Agree. I shoot coyotes (mostly 2-300 yards, but I've killed a few past 500 with 55-grainers), and I want something that shoots flat because coyotes don't always stand and pose long enough to get a laser on them. If I were shooting steel or paper at known ranges, then I would probably want something heavier.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Wyodogger

Agree. I shoot coyotes (mostly 2-300 yards, but I've killed a few past 500 with 55-grainers), and I want something that shoots flat because coyotes don't always stand and pose long enough to get a laser on them. If I were shooting steel or paper at known ranges, then I would probably want something heavier.

Typical Stupidity,espoused by a CLUELESS Floundering Dumbfhuqk,who has never even "seen" a good bullet,let alone "shot" one. Hint.

How/where do you Crying Kchunts DREAM this schit up? Hint.

Dangle a picture of your Rifle and we'll talk particulars,because it WILL be funnier than fhuqk. Dare ya'. HINT.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Shefire,

Besides being an Amazingly CLUELESS Brokedick Whining Dumb Fhuqk,you just also "happen" to be a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You can't even fill a Tag by yourself and are a HILARIOUS Professional Victim "living" vicariously. Mainly,because it's your ONLY "move". Hint.

I find it funnier than fhuqk,that you DUMBEST Of Fhuqks always become a "we",as you flounder in your ineptitude. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Got DETAILED files on all of us, don't ya Stumpy.

You're really a secret agent for the CIA in Budt Fudk AK, aren't ya.

That's where you get all that money for the crap you show pics of all the time, trying to impress someone, so they'll look pass that goofy crosseyed look on your face. And can afford all the meth you must take to be up 24/7 for days on end, throwing insults to everyone on the campfire and other web sites you pollute.

and of course your usual cut and paste monologue you used more than a slut whore uses her worn out [bleep].

Ain't easy being Schtick, is it dopey?

you have a good day " living vicariously", playing with your broke dick underneath your laptop out in the outhouse... because that is the only move, you aren't too lazy to make.

Hope you don't lose your balance AGAIN and then jump up to only fall headfirst down the outhouse Hole, with your pants down around your ankles, while choking your chicken.... Hutch really laughs when you do that... and he has to call 911 to fish ya out again...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

It's hardly rates being a "detail" that you are a CLUELESS Brokedick Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

That as the Critters you can't kill by yourself,linger overnight,as you extoll your Professional Victim status via 911 Frantic Phone Calls to manufacturers. Hint.

Typical "slow" day here today,flogging on a Barkin' Arken'd SVT. 50 'Max at 3400fps,shots #3,4 and 5 through the new spout. It will tighten up,once Moly is laid down. Hint.

Skookum thus far,but only took it out to 700yds. Hint.

Just sayin'...............

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Seafire: Been shooting longer than the ignorant kid with orange rifle. Most of the stuff I read on this forum old stuff to me. My largest caliber rifle is a 270 Winchester and I don't use it much or reload for it and not even fussy about what I shoot through it. Shoot dam deer and go home is about it for that.

I live in some of the flattest country you'll find so not much for shot limits here, you see it and if it stands still long enough you shoot it.

My specialty is cartridges from 17 mach-4 up to the 6mm. I have factory actions as well as full blown custom actions, also have 3 switch barrel actions with pinned lugs. My main game is Coyotes and red fox and careless about deer or other big critters, not much of a challenge killing them. My shooting range is a mile long and more if I felt the need to shoot farther.

Cartridges I load for; 17 Mach-4, 17 rem., 17 predator, 204 Ruger, 20x47 Lapua, 221 F.B., 224 Valkrie, 22-250, 22-250 imp., 6mm H.L.S., 243 win. and a handful I no longer load for or have.

Like I mentioned somewhere in another post most guys shots are going to be around 300-400 yards if coyote stands around long enough but in real life most shots are taken at 200-300 yards, and you don't need a heavy bullet to shoot that far let alone kill a coyote. Coyotes body don't have a lot of meat so if a heavy is used it will perform more like a FMJ. What happens on a heavy H.P. is just the tip blows away and rest of bullet stays intact and just goes through not dumping much energy if any, thus cripples at time depending on where bullet hit in first place. Shooting game like pigs and deer then yes, a heavy bullet would be a better choice, but you still want a bullet that's going to expand and dump all of its energy inside the animal.
All that heavy bullet crap looks good on paper but in real world it just doesn't look as good.

When comes to coyotes fast and flat wins every time, less guess, less hold over, less wind drift and less lead on a runner.

A 223 was mentioned. IMO the 223 is one of the worst cartridges for killing coyotes day in and day out. It doesn't have the vel. or range to do it all day long, it just doesn't, and I don't care how many a guy says he killed with one. What I want to know is how many did he miss or cripple with one or how many did he have to pass up due to being too far. Thats one thing most the 223 braggers won't tell you about or even be honest about it if they do.
My main coyote rifles are the 17 Pred. shooting a 30 gr. and my 22-250 ackley shooting a 52 gr. A-max. farthest kills on avr with 17 Pred. 400-450 yards. 22-250 ackley out to 500 yards with one kill my longest on a red fox 767 yards.
I use my 224 Valkrie for when I run the dogs and shoot at running coyotes with kills out to 400 yards but on same note all that gun shoots is heavies and do see more cripples than I care for, but I have the dogs to take care of that where other guys don't. Also, the heavies in the 224 drop so dam fast compared to the ackley it takes longer to get use to as you can't aim dead on every shot, more of a guess and farther out the coyote gets the more guessing. So anyway, I been there and know from experience what works and what doesn't.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jeezus Fhuqk,you Brokedick CLUELESS Retards are fhuqking HILARIOUS! Hint.

Dangle some pics of these Goat Fhuqks and muse optics,along with same. Your Imagination,Pretend and Retardation are taking you places which don't/can't exist. Hint.

You are talking out your ass and wellllll beyond your "means","abilities" and "comprehension". HINT.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A few 1000 words,for you Amazingly STUPID Fhuqks. Hint.

52gr V-Max at 3850 fps via 22-250AI and 250yd zero. HINT.

"LOWLY" 223 with 62gr ELD VT at 3300fps(550fps less). HINT.

At 500yds,the "difference" in drop is 1.5 fhuqking INCH,to the 22-250AI's "advantage". The 22-250AI arrives the scene with 1909fps of impact velocity,the 223 has 2137fps. Hint.

At 500yds the wind drift difference in 10MPH full value is 9" in the 223's favor. Factor that percentage. HINT.

At 775yds,the difference in drop is 16"+ in the 223's favor. The 22-250AI arrives the scene with 1124fps of impact velocity,the 223 has 1620fps. Hint.

At 775yds the wind drift difference in 10MPH full value is 46" in the 223's favor,which obviously crowds 50%. HINT.

The "difference" at 500yds in a 10mph Mover's lead,is 2.5" in the 22-250 AI's favor. Hint.

The difference at 775yds in a 10mph Mover's lead is 18.4" in the 223's favor. Hint.

At the 250yd zero range,the initial 550fps "fast start" for the 52,is a paltry 123fps. Hint.

If only for fhuqking starters and because I simply shoot it all and then some,while you Fhuqktards Pretend aloud with your STUPIDITY. Hint.

Hint.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Riar Rarry must have ran out of meds tonight.

Lots of ignored posts, only seen by few. Hint

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
yep, looks good on paper, try it in real world on paper (target)

I shoot 52 gr. A-max at 3950 so you got your numbers off there.

Max load for a 223 shooting 62 gr. 3100 f.p.s. so your numbers off again to favor a heavier bullet.

You should factor in Humidity as well Kid. the soup really slows them down.

Nice try kid.

Last edited by TA 17 Rem; 04/28/24.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Facts are simply Facts,if only to your chagrin,you Amazingly STUPID Fhuqk. Hint.

I shoot 22-250,22-250AI,22 Kreed',Swift and CHEeetah and am beyond "fluent",in what does what and more importantly why. If only again,dangle a picture of your Imaginary Contrived Delusional Goat Fhuqk(s). DARE you. Hint.

Where did you source your Imaginary "Max Load" info and does it correlate to your contrived 3950fps ala 52 'Max? HINT. LAUGHING!

I've not shot 62's at Low Tide,since this morning and am afforded the luxuries,of not being forced to guess. I typically whistle 62's at 3400fps,from a goodly herd of 21" 223AI's(7",7.5" and 8") and have "only" shot said 62gr ELD VT in (4) of my (5) Teeker 8" SAAMI 223's,none longer than 22". Hint.

22-250AI shooting .435 BC 75gr A-Max here at 3500fps ala 1-7.7" Krieger. Hint.

Of course the 75 ELD-M is even slicker,with it's .467 BC. Google as you must.Hint.

Bless your heart for fhuqking trying,you Magnificently STUPID Kchunt.

Hint.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1234, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 55 invisible), 1,917 guests, and 1,090 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,901
Posts18,498,091
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.