Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by wytex
Originally Posted by Coyote10
Threw in for 64 type 2. Gonna give laramie peaks a go.
With point creep, I doubt I'll ever catch up to the units I wanna hunt. I've seen decent bucks up in there but mostly on private. Would be a bad deal if I seen a cow either.....anyways, might be a good hunt, see what happens mid October.

You'll run ion to yahoos up there without the tag for the access on the WHMA, turn them in if you see the GW.

That ain't no kidding. Seen a guy get nailed because he shot a doe right there in someone's yard near 34 and tunnel rd.

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I have 8 deer points, a booking agent and an outfitter told me to keep buying points and wait at least two years! At 66 I’m going to be cutting it close.

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Sako76
I have 8 deer points, a booking agent and an outfitter told me to keep buying points and wait at least two years! At 66 I’m going to be cutting it close.

The outfitter situation is way easier. 5 or 6 points will get you a great hunt. The diy deal, you might as well just go hunting.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
I was hoping to burn my 14 points this year, but everything I see isn't looking good. But I suppose still a bit of time to try and find a place to have a good hunt.

Frank, sittin on max, “18”, gonna hold onto em for a couple more years, hopefully we get some decent winters.

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
I was hoping to burn my 14 points this year, but everything I see isn't looking good. But I suppose still a bit of time to try and find a place to have a good hunt.

Frank, sittin on max, “18”, gonna hold onto em for a couple more years, hopefully we get some decent winters.

Yup. I just say hell with it and go. There's some decent 4 to 5 point units. Just depends on how hard you wanna hunt. Heck I think 2 points gets you the entire se/4 of the state if you want.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I’ve tried, 18 years of pp and a $1200 tag I’m not just gonna go huntin when I can kill 170” bucks in easy draw general states. Wyoming bucks and bulls will be my holy grail, like the booner antelope I killed a few years ago I killed over there. Ymmv

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ve tried, 18 years of pp and a $1200 tag I’m not just gonna go huntin when I can kill 170” bucks in easy draw general states. Wyoming bucks and bulls will be my holy grail, like the booner antelope I killed a few years ago I killed over there. Ymmv

Yup, as it looks now I'll likely sit out another year before I burn my points. Thats the tough part about having this many, you have to hope things line up when you finally want to use them!

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

That’s what I’m doing too……..

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Why would you pay 1200 bucks?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

Why would you pay 1200 bucks?

Probably cause I don’t wanna wait another 45 years to hunt.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Maybe 80 years with the regular draw.? I dunno why I’d pay $1200 after 18 years of of points? Fuuck who knows??

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
So you view the special draw as mandatory. That's crazy, 18 points and can't find an area to hunt.......weird.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 04/27/24.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Ya the units I wanna hunt, are “special “. 18 points, and “special” is where I’m at, and where I’m at for the long haul. Is that “ok”?

Sorry for being able to hunt Blacktail, whitetail, muley, Rocky and Roosevelt annually. 😘😆

Ain’t easy havin pals.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Great country in there for sure. Looking for a respectable 4x4 with decent forks. I got realistic expectations. Figured I'd throw in for deer and grab a cow tag. Pretty much just trying to get back up there.

Well, first off I'd say you might have to change what your expectations are already. "Respectable 4x4" can be a difficult thing to find in many areas of the state anymore. Seems to be more and more 3x3's running around.

Last year I was stuck with having to burn 17 points for Deer because I had moved here, and they would be useless this year as a resident. I was considering a hunt in the areas you mentioned and had to change it after the Winter kill in that area.

Good luck with your hunt and enjoy your time in the Wild!

Frog---OUT!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Sorry for being able to hunt Blacktail, whitetail, muley, Rocky and Roosevelt annually. 😘😆

Dang, that sure is cool. Why even bother with Wyoming since Washington is Valhalla?

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I'd be more than happy with a 30 inch 3x3 lol. I know, anything that forks past 20 inches will be a decent buck, but I ain't afraid to eat a tag either. I've got some good mule deer on the wall and a few whitetails over 180. I just like camping and hunting up there. Now if I could get an antelope tag every year, I'd rather just do that!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

Dang, that sure is cool. Why even bother with Wyoming since Washington is Valhalla?

Ya it is, pretty good opportunity that’s for sure.👍

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I'd be more than happy with a 30 inch 3x3 lol. I know, anything that forks past 20 inches will be a decent buck, but I ain't afraid to eat a tag either. I've got some good mule deer on the wall and a few whitetails over 180. I just like camping and hunting up there. Now if I could get an antelope tag every year, I'd rather just do that!

I’m hoping the new “special” tag price for antelope improves odds. We’ll see when the dust settles in a couple months. I’d go every year to hunt good goats

Ain’t easy havin pals.
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Man, I'm seriously considering throwing in for one, but 12 bills for a goat tag is getting steep.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I'm thinking the extra high special price will not result in any better odds. I'm also throwing in for the special (antelope) with hopes I'm wrong, but I'm not confident.

Judman - you should apply for the hunt we talked about last year. It would be an excellent one.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

494 members (1Longbow, 2500HD, 1badf350, 219 Wasp, 22250rem, 160user, 48 invisible), 2,329 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,152
Posts18,502,859
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.