Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#19420006 04/29/24
hardway Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
They making a comeback or what? Seems like I see a new brand of “tactical” Fanny pack everywhere I look lately….. I don’t see them in person but all over the interwebs.

I still think they scream GUN and not for me but what do I know.

GB1

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Man everyone is carrying a fanny pack now. So I don't think they scream gun anymore.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Rob96
Man everyone is carrying a fanny pack now. So I don't think they scream gun anymore.
True

Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hikerbum
True

Maybe, but I’m not a cop and can still profile lol 😂…..if I see a dude who doesn’t look like a phag wearing a fanny pack ???

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

They never did. Not by themselves, anyway. Neither do vests. It's context that gives it away.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

IC B2

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Originally Posted by FreeMe

They never did. Not by themselves, anyway. Neither do vests. It's context that gives it away.

Correct, regardless of what I wear, any like-minded individual would pick me out of a lineup as the guy "who most likely has a gun".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Lonster

Correct, regardless of what I wear, any like-minded individual would pick me out of a lineup as the guy "who most likely has a gun".

Well... Idunno if I should feel sympathy or envy. wink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hardway
They making a comeback or what? Seems like I see a new brand of “tactical” Fanny pack everywhere I look lately….. I don’t see them in person but all over the interwebs.

Completely replaced by sling bags.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Yep, context, context, context. Lots of diabetics use them to carry insulin and other necessities.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Slavek

Only in your imagination.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Slavek

Like those lululemon ones you and the girls carry your tampons in?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Style isn't the only good reason to wear skinny jeans.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Style isn't the only good reason to not wear skinny jeans.

Fixed. laugh

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I bought a HPG Fanny pack and have given it a good ring with steel and a timer. I’ve worn it cross body and on the waist. I’ve carried 642s, Shield Plus, & 686 3” 7 shot. It’s made well but I really don’t find many scenarios where I benefit from having it. You can carry more stuff and I mollied a tourniquet under mine but I am slow out the gate with it. In fact if I am using it as some sort of man purse I am still better off pocket carrying the 642 or 4 O clocking the Shield IWB. strait up on the trail I normally have a Gunfighters Inc chesty. Also when in public I am usually quite the gray man and I feel the Fanny pack just stands out. I will still use it but struggle with it in general.
S.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I stood beside a guy in Costco, an older grey haired gentleman, who had a sling bag ,or murse. I nodded toward it and asked him if he carried anything special in it.
He just smiled a little and said yeah.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
I stood beside a guy in Costco, an older grey haired gentleman, who had a sling bag ,or murse. I nodded toward it and asked him if he carried anything special in it.
He just smiled a little and said yeah.

Not a discreet response.

Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Alright, call me gay but I bought one of these. Pretty damn nice for summertime carry (gym shorts and t shirt) of a G19. After trying all kinds of dumb chit over the years for this specific style of carry I think it’s a keeper.

The back compartment has a hook n loop type material with an elastic type strap to hold gun in place but it’s not needed with a g19 and the regular size bag. Pretty lightweight but feels very secure and also allows a separate competition for an extra mag and some nicnacks.

With the big zipper pull tabs and making sure you orient them on the correct side you can get a pretty reasonable draw. I’m happy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Isit comfortable with skinny jeans?

And $400 "work" boots that will never, ever, get dirty?
😁

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Alright, call me gay but I bought one of these. Pretty damn nice for summertime carry (gym shorts and t shirt) of a G19. After trying all kinds of dumb chit over the years for this specific style of carry I think it’s a keeper.

The back compartment has a hook n loop type material with an elastic type strap to hold gun in place but it’s not needed with a g19 and the regular size bag. Pretty lightweight but feels very secure and also allows a separate competition for an extra mag and some nicnacks.

With the big zipper pull tabs and making sure you orient them on the correct side you can get a pretty reasonable draw. I’m happy.

What size did you get and how much room is left (for say a G17 or G20)?

Last edited by K1500; 05/08/24.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

It would work well wearing athletic shorts and a t-shirt...my given summertime, after work, slob attire. Said attire carries a tactical advantage due to the harsh glare coming from my white legs...basically snow blindness in the middle of summer.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 53 invisible), 2,594 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,290
Posts18,525,712
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.