Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by barm
It would be nice to have video evidence with an impartial person conducting it. Too many cheats unfortunately.

Actually, probably more honest posts in that thread than most any typical for 24hr scope or rifle thread.

There are people who need to inflate their ego, but they are only cheating themselves.

If it's not raining all day tomorrow while I am at the farm, I may break out a new rife and give it a go. I doubt I have a chance, it's already started raining and not supposed to let up until late tomorrow early Monday.

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by CGPAUL
That must be new...last I saw it, think the offer was $50. He had no takers then either, but believe it was factory rifle with factory ammo.

He said it was a myth that most rifles and shooters can shoot 1 moa. He's a fu cking idiot. Those guys that subscribe to his channel are stupid fu cks too.

He is a fùcking idiot (as are you). Most shooters and guns are not 1moa capable. Good thing it's irrelevant....

You sure talk the talk. Tough talk at that. Have yet to see the walk however.

I'm not concerned with bullshìt like cherry picking 3 shots and claiming "3/4 gun all day"

I'm perfectly fine with shooting 10rds into a 1.5" dot. Keep pole vaulting over mouse shìt

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

5rds at 100yds with factory 108gr eldm 6 creed. From a t3x lite and a prefit barrel. It's inside a 1.5" dot. Works for me. But if I was a worthless boomer choad I would've stopped at three and pat myself on the back a bragged to all the pards at Macdonalds coffee the next morning how tiny my 3 shot group was lol

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 05/11/24.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It would nice to see a 24 Hour Campfire 1 MOA challenge. Anyone else?

Like to see it from field positions.

The popcorn and kleenex concession would be lucrative.

GR

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Q_Sertorius
If you watch the challenge, he sets it up so that anyone who doesn't have the rifle zeroed at 100 yards will automatically fail. With that said, his video highlights that there are still a lot of people who claim to be able to shoot well who exhibit terrible or no fundamentals. It's like no one ever taught them about natural point of aim, breath control, trigger control, or basic stability principles.

If one does not know what their 100 yd offset is, or 200/250/300 for that matter, for any zero, then what good is that rifle at that range, regardless of precision?

Back to riflemen and marksmanship.

GR

Q
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
Q
Originally Posted by Garandimal
If you watch the challenge, he sets it up so that anyone who doesn't have the rifle zeroed at 100 yards will automatically fail. With that said, his video highlights that there are still a lot of people who claim to be able to shoot well who exhibit terrible or no fundamentals. It's like no one ever taught them about natural point of aim, breath control, trigger control, or basic stability principles.

If one does not know what their 100 yd offset is, or 200/250/300 for that matter, for any zero, then what good is that rifle at that range, regardless of precision?

GR

While I agree with you in principle, one reason that people sight in for 200 yards is so they can hold dead on at any range from zero out to PBR and still hit the deer in the vitals.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

GR

While I agree with you in principle, one reason that people sight in for 200 yards is so they can hold dead on at any range from zero out to PBR and still hit the deer in the vitals.

They would be better off zeroing at 100. Because then they would actually be zeroed. Instead of "good enough".

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It would nice to see a 24 Hour Campfire 1 MOA challenge. Anyone else?

Like to see it from field positions.

The popcorn and kleenex concession would be lucrative.

GR
We have done that before. This is a really good one:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...tthread/Board/29/main/643918/type/thread

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

GR

They would be better off zeroing at 100. Because then they would actually be zeroed. Instead of "good enough".

Once one changes the constants, they change the problem.

For medium to long range hunting, w/ a medium to large game hunting rifle, sans rangefinder/dialing scope?

100 yards is an impractical zero range.

Knowing where your load hits at that range, with a practical 200/250 yd zero, is just attention to detail.

Generally sight in at 100 with an offset, confirm/adjust at 200 yd for a zero, and then check the 100/300 yard drops for the data points and curve generation out to 400.

GR

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

GR

For medium to long range hunting, w/ a medium to large game hunting rifle, sans rangefinder/dialing scope?

Knowing where your load hits at that range, with a practical 200/250 yd zero, is just attention to detail.

Generally sight in at 100 with an offset, confirm/adjust at 200 yd for a zero, and then check the 100/300 yard drops for the data points and curve generation out to 400.

GR

You are retarded

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

GR

GR

You are retarded

How many years in the fifth grade did it take for your emotional dysfunction to develop?

GR

IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
A visit to any range will prove MOA is not that common whether 50yard or 100yard benches. The magazine or 3 types who visit, blast away then leave are always the worst performers.

The best shooters are the ones who use multi aiming point targets and shoot the full target then average out the results after labelling, measuring and recording each group shot.

No, I don't see those guys either. There are a few here though, which is a nice change.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
YAWN...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (12344mag, 222Sako, 257 mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 257Bob, 71 invisible), 2,168 guests, and 1,121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,565
Posts18,531,791
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.