Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
RickBin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Everything is negotiable. grin

rb

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Rick, do you have any pictures of this rifle?????

RickBin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Tom:

Yes. grin

rb

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
RickBin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
OK, okay, here's a pic:

[Linked Image]

rb

RickBin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Rifle specs:

RH Rem 700 ADL
Pillar bedded into
McMillan Remington Classic, standard fill
1" Pachmayr Decelerator at 14 LOP
Painted sage green with black webbing
24-inch McGowan Precision #4, 1-in-10 twist
Chambered by Mickey Coleman
Cerakoted in matte black by Mickey Coleman
Kampfeld Custom "Campfire" bolt handle, knurled
Kampfeld fluted bolt (Rem Ti style)
Talley QD bases and rings
Leupold VXIII 2.5-8x36 in matte/duplex

Rick

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Rick
Nice picture, good Buck, Gun looks great also.
HD

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

RickBin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Dear Patagonia:

Kudos on your excellent Ether shell, which you will see pictured (as well as the Capilene worn below out of sight of the camera lens) that I used to help me harvest this beautiful Colorado mule deer buck.

As conservation partners of hunters worldwide, I'm sure you share my pride and satisfaction at contributing to the betterment of the mule deer herd in Colorado, as well as in contributing to the Colorado Division of Wildlife's funding in order that my license fees be used to further promote the balance of nature both hunters, 24hourcampfire.com, and Patagonia espouse.

Great shell, and great Capilene. I WILL continue to use them in my hunting.

Rick Bin

RickBin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks H-Down!

rb

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
SWEEEEEEEET!!!

$bob$

Many who have freedom have no idea where they got it....
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Thanks for the pics Rick.....I knew youd come through with a little arm twisting. grin
You got yourself a nice looking rifle and deer there.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep, kudos on both deer and rifle...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Rick, what does it mean:
Remington Classic, standard fill
? What is the meaning of "fill"?

Thank you!

Elmer Keith
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
nice rifle, nice deer, great letter wink

somebody has to have fun!

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
I noticed in Dave Scovill's article in Handloader (Vol.251 p.8) that Ruger/Hornady announced the .300 and .338 Ruger Compact Magnums (RCMs). It'll be interesting to see if they announce anything at the Shot Show this weekend.

Still wouldn't be as much fun as you had with 'rolling your own' and being the first one on your block to have a .338-.375 Campfire!!! Nice rifle and nice deer.

Ennis

NRA Benefactor Member
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Rick....

What does it weigh?
Have you chrono'd your hunting load?
If you were to build it again, what would you change?

Last edited by endgameAK; 02/01/08.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by RickBin
OK, okay, here's a pic:

[Linked Image]

rb

Rick,

Well done as always! Congrads on the new cartridge, rifle and muley! cool

MtnHtr

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
So how is your round different from the new Ruger RCM in .338? I have not seen overall dimensions of the new Ruger round but it does seem ballistically similar to your design. Did they possibly hear of your little mission and decide it was a wildcat worthy of thought? That is certainly not unheard of, especially when you incorporated Ken Howell into the creation of the design.
Great pic and nice deer.
MCS

What part of "Constitutionally !!LIMITED!!" don't you understand?
RickBin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Hi Elmer: grin

McMillan stocks can be had in a variety of fill weight. EDGE hunting stocks typically weigh 23 ounces or so, finished. Fiberglass stocks can be filled from standard (32 ounces finished), all the way to solid (X pounds).

What I mean in the post is that the stock is a standard weight McMillan hunting stock.

RickBin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1akhunter
nice rifle, nice deer, great letter wink

Somebody has to have fun!

That's what it's all about, my friend.

RickBin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ennis
I noticed in Dave Scovill's article in Handloader (Vol.251 p.8) that Ruger/Hornady announced the .300 and .338 Ruger Compact Magnums (RCMs). It'll be interesting to see if they announce anything at the Shot Show this weekend.

Still wouldn't be as much fun as you had with 'rolling your own' and being the first one on your block to have a .338-.375 Campfire!!! Nice rifle and nice deer.

Ennis

Ennis:

I was at the Hornady and Ruger events yesterday during Media Day, and no big announcement (yet). Got to shoot the .300 RCM in the small Ruger rifle. Also got to shoot a left handed Ruger Mark II in .375 H&H. Nice rifle (but it needs a 1" pad). grin

I'm going to their booths within the next 2 hours.

rb

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (204guy, 12344mag, 1234, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 53 invisible), 2,446 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,767
Posts18,515,462
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.