Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very good review.

When you speak of the big three, I don't think there's a bad choice. I think it really comes down to personal preference and handling. It really is subjective in what you're looking for. I went into the store expecting it'd be the Ultravids with the FL's being second based on fellow member's advice. I fondled the FL's, Ultravids and EL's. For my eyes, the EL's we're equal to the others, seemed a little better in focusing, and with their ergonomics, won hands down. I wanted it to be the Leicas. I was a little surprised at the outcome but I couldn't be happier. The next ten people might have chosen the EL's as the third place option. I could have easily ordered the Ultravids or FL's and been tickled at my decision.

Anyone thinking of buying owes it to themselves to look at them side by each before pulling the trigger.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Absolutely agree! You get past the glass pretty quickly since they are all so good, its the ergonomics that sells each one individually to each person. You are not handicapped if you own anyone of the 3, thats for sure!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now I'm eyeballing the 8x32 Ultravids for a bit smaller package. Doug is making it hard not to put another dent in the checkbook.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Hi: If the nikon was $1999 and it is a bargain what do the zeiss et all cost? Regards Dan

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
The more a person has hunted the more important "size" and "weight" becomes, it is a process that takes place as his hunting experience expands, he will invaribly fall into the bigger is better trap and spend a lot of bucks coming to the same conclusion as most have done...

The very small Leica 8x32 is the smallest binoc that is usable, and it is THE BEST "hunting" binocular made today..You can use it off hand, no headaches with long use, it packs easy under your left arm pit and it is not so powerful that you can't see detail and locate game because of light condition, being out of breath and a bunch of other reason that are too many to list...

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
fwiw & imho,
My ideal Leica is the 8x42 Ultravid BL. The leather wrapped version reduces bulk further and gives the rubber 8x32 Ultravids, imo, a run for their money especially if you opt for continental carry. And the extra lens diameter never hurts...

That said this is the first Leica Binocular I've ever bought that was not hand picked by Leica. That has proven a costly decision. They are barely the equal of a spectacular 8x42 BN they were intended to replace. That said they are going back for service and I'm going to give Leica USA the chance to evaluate their performance and rectify the situation...

Regards, Matt.

NRA Life Benefactor Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Like I have said before, at least 100 times.

SAMPLE VARIATION>>

That's why for a laymen like me I sometimes will buy two samples of a high end product. I will say I don't believe the Ultravid is a huge step up from the Trinovid and will go further and say the earlier BA version seems (from my 5-7 samples) outperform the BN's. My current 10x glass is a 10x42BA that is just outstanding, even with minor-minor cleaning scratches from previous owner.

IMHO it's easier to find in the Alpha products.

Dave

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

490 members (1badf350, 219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 160user, 22250rem, 54 invisible), 6,317 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,825
Posts18,536,937
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.