Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 22 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 21 22
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by stillhunter73
[quote=MarcTaylor]Stillhunter73 -

But your warrantee is as good as anyone else's. Why haven't you already given the warranty a try? Much too much fun just to find a Wiggy thread and complain, I guess...

Wash it, stick it in a box with an explanation and maybe a copy of the receipt if you have one, and mail it back. Wiggy's, Grand Junction is where the repair or replace will take place and it's farther to Alaska, so I suggest you send it to G.J. You'll get back either a new bag or a repaired bag; just like anyone else...

Taylor

I don't see the problem???
Return the friggin bag and move on.
I know you can do it.
Thanks for calling me a moron.

GB1

S
S
I cant believe I just read this whole thread...

I didnt even know what Wiggy's was

Anyone got any popcorn?

Simple should not be confused with easy
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Sure, send it to me. It just takes longer to do the turnaround as I have to then forward it to Grand Junction. Upon resolution, they will then forward it to the customer if that is closer.

We're talking Oswego NY to Anchorage AK, then to Grand Junction, CO; and back to Oswego.

OR

Oswego to Grand Junction to Oswego, that's all.

Just as I drop ship a NEW bag to a lower-48 customer from Grand Junction to save him some shipping if it actually does.

The RETURN OPTION has always been open. I've never received a phone call, PM or email to this effect, "Hey, Marc, I had a problem with this bag you sold me"; just get to banter about it on the internet at the amusment of myself and a few others.

Deflave orders a bag through Marc, but it gets sent from Colorado to save him some money. Dave has a problem after receiving the bag, he can contact me or Grand Junction, then send the bag straight to Grand Junction or all the way back to me.

Which would you prefer? Neither has the customer talking to Wiggy's at all, just put a note in the box and ship it.

Seems simple. But I would welcome a courtesy call from my customer as he is still my customer. Ranting on forum, thread after thread about an old problem that is warranteed but the customer would rather rant than get it resolved is NOT courtesy.

No?

Taylor

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KCBighorn
Originally Posted by stillhunter73
[quote=MarcTaylor]Stillhunter73 -

But your warrantee is as good as anyone else's. Why haven't you already given the warranty a try? Much too much fun just to find a Wiggy thread and complain, I guess...

Wash it, stick it in a box with an explanation and maybe a copy of the receipt if you have one, and mail it back. Wiggy's, Grand Junction is where the repair or replace will take place and it's farther to Alaska, so I suggest you send it to G.J. You'll get back either a new bag or a repaired bag; just like anyone else...

Taylor

I don't see the problem???
Return the friggin bag and move on.
I know you can do it.
Thanks for calling me a moron.

You're welcome. When you quit dinking the kool aid and stop acting like moron, I'll desist.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Meantime... I'll wait out by the mailbox.

Oh, and I'll have someone waiting outside in Grand Junction as well.

Goodnight,

Taylor

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MarcTaylor
Sure, send it to me. It just takes longer to do the turnaround as I have to then forward it to Grand Junction. Upon resolution, they will then forward it to the customer if that is closer.

We're talking Oswego NY to Anchorage AK, then to Grand Junction, CO; and back to Oswego.

OR

Marc, if you are serious about this, I'll see you through it. Hell, I'll split your shipping costs with you. I'l pm you my addy, and we'll go from there. I got the bag, you just let me know how you want to handle this.

As I stated earlier, I'll give full credit-honest shakedown, or I'll keep my piehole shut laugh Actually, I'll just review on total truth.

Just as I drop ship a NEW bag to a lower-48 customer from Grand Junction to save him some shipping if it actually does.

The RETURN OPTION has always been open. I've never received a phone call, PM or email to this effect, "Hey, Marc, I had a problem with this bag you sold me"; just get to banter about it on the internet at the amusment of myself and a few others.

Deflave orders a bag through Marc, but it gets sent from Colorado to save him some money. Dave has a problem after receiving the bag, he can contact me or Grand Junction, then send the bag straight to Grand Junction or all the way back to me.

Which would you prefer? Neither has the customer talking to Wiggy's at all, just put a note in the box and ship it.

Seems simple. But I would welcome a courtesy call from my customer as he is still my customer. Ranting on forum, thread after thread about an old problem that is warranteed but the customer would rather rant than get it resolved is NOT courtesy.

No?

Taylor

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just saw your latest Csr srvc post. I'll deal in lighter fluid.

I think you smoked yourself, Marc.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MarcTaylor

OR

No?

Taylor

I'm gonna have to incidentally stir this pot further because of my ignorance. Who is in Grand Junction? The manufacturer?

As far as "ranting" I certainly have nothing against you or your store Marc but complaining about gear and praising gear is the reason most of us learning about this stuff log on to these forums.

I have been guilty of giving some stuff bad reviews myself on this forum. Some of that stuff I have not returned cause I figured I'd just "eat it" rather than going through the problem of returning it. But if the person I purchased that product from was defending it on the same forum, well.............

Travis.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mr.Marc is working hard to establish his "prowess"

If you get him pissed off enough, he'lll post a bunch of pics.

I think they wandered away from thier own warrantee enough to say that anyone still "kicking the tires" is on thier own.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by Hampstead
A sleeping bag is a lot like a boot. There are a lot of variables and it's often a matter of "fit." I have no interest in Wiggy's for a couple of reasons. One, I have found sleep systems that work for me so I'll stay with companies like Integral Designs or Big Agnes. Two, I'm allergic to drama. smile

Wiggy wars are legendary on some backpacking and hunting gear forums. The founder of Wiggy's, Jerry Wigutow, is has a sort of scorched earth approach to marketing and to interacting with the folks on the 'net. So do some of his ardent supporters. Asking for opinions on Wiggy's, I'm guessing that you'll get more heat than light.

I went back to my original post on this thread and underlined a couple of sentences for emphasis. Despite the "rumors" of other manufacturers going broke, we live in great times for a breathtaking array of gear choices. Before this thread started, I hadn't given much thought to the [color:#3333FF]Valandre Shocking Blue[/color], but now that devil, Kute, has me thinking. smile

Here's my deal. Years ago, as an aspiring writer of sorts, I wrote a story about the climber, Kim Momb, after he died as the result of an avalanche. Momb made the East Face summit of Everest in '83. I interviewed his friends, his parents and fellow climber, John Roskelley... all great people. Growing up in Montana, I was taught that serious folks don't toot their own horns. I learned that serious mountaineers like Roskelley are very much that way. I admire understatement and modesty. This may explain my natural aversion to used car salesmen, television preachers and other snake oil peddlers. The Wiggy's people just get in my way when it comes to the Wiggy's bags. Fortunately, it's a big world out there and there are still enough bag makers with heads above water to give us some dandy choices. wink

Hunting success is 90 percent hunter, 10 percent weapon.
IC B3

M
map Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I would like to say thanks to all of you for your post and comments. I have a very stressful job and there is nothing I love more than logging on here and dealing with more!!! So what
I am saying is that I don't know a [bleep] bit more than I knew
when I wrote the post. So I guess when I go hunting in Alaska
I will carry a tarp, wool blanket and a fire steel. And you can bet your ass I won't tell anybody what I buy. So again
many thanks to all.
map

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'd just like to say that I'm new to real backpacking. This stuff is insanely expensive just like anything else worth doing.

One thing that I've noticed about BP hunting is it crosses roads with the granola eating community that wants to "preserve" not conserve. That worries me because the hunting community DEMANDS great warranty service.

Therefore, I want to buy from people that have the good gear the eco-freaks want but stand behind their stuff like the real outdoorsmen want.

If Marc is saying send it to the manufacturer, well, let's just say I don't think Midway or cameralandny would do that. Hell, I even doubt Sportsmans Warehouse would do that if I put their feet to the fire.

Marc,

Maybe you just aren't conveying your exact thoughts clearly and I'm misunderstanding. But it does not read well to a "newbie".

Travis.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by map
I would like to say thanks to all of you for your post and comments. I have a very stressful job and there is nothing I love more than logging on here and dealing with more!!! So what
I am saying is that I don't know a [bleep] bit more than I knew
when I wrote the post. So I guess when I go hunting in Alaska
I will carry a tarp, wool blanket and a fire steel. And you can bet your ass I won't tell anybody what I buy. So again
many thanks to all.
map

Check out the Integeral Designs website and take a look at the Emperor bag rated to 0 and only 285$ seems like exactly what your looking for and still keeps you under budget.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That was what I was thinking for a good synthetic as well, Bonecollector.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
All I can say is, um, WOW.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by deflave
I'd just like to say that I'm new to real backpacking. This stuff is insanely expensive just like anything else worth doing.

One thing that I've noticed about BP hunting is it crosses roads with the granola eating community that wants to "preserve" not conserve. That worries me because the hunting community DEMANDS great warranty service.

Therefore, I want to buy from people that have the good gear the eco-freaks want but stand behind their stuff like the real outdoorsmen want.

If Marc is saying send it to the manufacturer, well, let's just say I don't think Midway or cameralandny would do that. Hell, I even doubt Sportsmans Warehouse would do that if I put their feet to the fire.

Marc,

Maybe you just aren't conveying your exact thoughts clearly and I'm misunderstanding. But it does not read well to a "newbie".

Travis.

Sonny, I AM a ...granola...AND an ...ecofreak...who spent much of his life fighting to preserve BC wilderness areas. I ALSO am a hunter, former professional forest fire fighter, wilderness fire lookoutman, Can. Coast Guard Lightkeeper and I have spent more time in REAL wilderness, especially alone, than you EVER will.

...real outdoorsmen..., phuque, YOU wouldn't know jackschitt about the outdoors and I would bet that you have NEVER spent as much as a single weekend alone in even the suburban Lower 48 "wilderness". No wonder guys move to Alaska, gets one away from REAL outdoorsmen!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Hampstead, that assignment sounds like it was very interesting.

I'm with you on the "tooting your own horn" concept.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
On the ID Emperor bag, this is not really a backpacking sack, it is more suited to vehicles and boats, due to bulk and weight.

What DOES work even BETTER, IME, is the ID North Twin plus Andromeda Overbag, this combo will do it ALL, except for severe subh-zero cold and I have used mine hard for three years with zero complaints.

This is the best hunting bag(s) that I have used, but, it costs a bit more than an Emperor.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I dunno kute with a challenge like THAT, he may decide to call your bluff and just go move to the middle of the woods and wait it out and then come back and post!

How many years would he have to stay out? (just funnin)

believe he stated he is new to this, I don't think most folks that hunt want to pave paradise, but he's just trying to delineate between hunters and non hunters. I could be wrong, but that's how I read it.

as an aside though, while the lycra spandex crowd ain't my cup of tea, I've been put into proximity to them mostly hanging out at airports and strips waiting for weather to clear to catch a bush plane, and they aren't all clueless about getting around out there, and some of them are in danged good shape and they love the outdoors, they just aren't in to the hunting gig. must be a different blood type, I guess.

anyhoo I'm thinking you took offense where none was intended kute, but I could be wrong, the guy can speak for himself. just seems that sledgehammer you used to swat a mosquito might have some blood on it. wink

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kutenay
Originally Posted by deflave

Marc,

Travis.

Sonny, I AM a ...granola...AND an ...ecofreak...who spent much of his life fighting to preserve BC wilderness areas. I ALSO am a hunter, former professional forest fire fighter, wilderness fire lookoutman, Can. Coast Guard Lightkeeper and I have spent more time in REAL wilderness, especially alone, than you EVER will.

...real outdoorsmen..., phuque, YOU wouldn't know jackschitt about the outdoors and I would bet that you have NEVER spent as much as a single weekend alone in even the suburban Lower 48 "wilderness". No wonder guys move to Alaska, gets one away from REAL outdoorsmen!

kutenay,

I think you greatly misunderstood my post. I was stating that in the hunting community, companies are known to stand behind their products. Retailers and manufacters for the most part. I don't know that some of these companies that cater to granolas provide the same type of service which is why I'd rather buy from a retailer that cater's to a guy that hunts.

By real outdoorsmen, you are the exact type of person I'm referring to. I've read many of your posts.

Thank you for assuming I don't know jackschit about the outdoors and that I've "NEVER spent as much as a single weekend alone even the suburban lower 48 wilderness."

While I respect your opinion on gear and the outdoors in general, I don't think you're capable of determining everything I've done in my life. If you are greatly disrespected by the term granola, I apologize.

Travis.

Page 10 of 22 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 007FJ, 16Racing, 60 invisible), 2,958 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,358
Posts18,488,022
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.