Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 22 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 21 22
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MarcTaylor

"You can bullchit the fans, but not the players". Is that in every post? Make it a signature or something.

Still here with ya! Watch the Wiggy thread RUN!!!

Taylor

Wiggy's bags; we bullchit the fans, but not the players.

that what you have in mind?

if it's all the same to you I'll keep the sig I have, I like it and it's always worked for me.

feel free to use the above one if it suits you.

just funnin you Marc, sorry if it rankled you, just call it as I see it. but it's only my viewpoint.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ironbender
So, who's going bear hunting this spring??

<puts hand in air>
smile

My hand is in the air too! Cant wait!

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
In real life, I run a fair-sized enterprise. We have some real good folks doing customer service. Every so often, they deal with some real unhappy and unpleasant people. We can't achieve 100 percent happiness, but we do give a 100 percent effort.

Customers exist on a Bell curve. At one end, you have a few customers who are always pretty easy to please. At the other, you have a few people who will never be satisfied. In the middle, you have the bulk of your customers who will respond positively to honesty, patience, communication and effort. There are very few products or services so perfect and necessary that a business can treat customers poorly. In fact, in a free market, a business that sucks at customer service is like a bleeding fish... the blood attracts competitors.

One of the best things about having a few nickels is the luxury of doing business with companies I enjoy. Even better is making those few nickels by being a great company. smile

Hunting success is 90 percent hunter, 10 percent weapon.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I don't actually know many of the kinds of people you mentioned in your comment to me, I AM college-educated, auto-didactic in most aspects and have worn BOTH blue and white collars very successfully.

Gyppo loggers are, IME, more "reactionary"than truely conservative, as I am. I tend to annoy liberals in that I am not what they expect me to be after judging me by my speech and attitudes vis-a-vis the Biosphere.

I listened to Limbaugh ONCE for about five dreary minutes, he is a loudmouthed vulgarian and I would never waste time with his gutter drivel again; I have not clue one as to what NPR may be.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N

Kute - NPR is National Public Radio. Don't worry, your not missing anything with either show smile

Hope all is going well.

Mike.

It's good to lead - it's better to lead by example.
IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Ayup, things is great, new Rottweiler puppy is driving me nuts, but, I love her anyway!

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I know you hate stereotypes, but somehow your selction of breed seems to fit. smirk

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Like your taste in dogs! Heres mine Kute. Did I mention that I sleep good at night!....grin

[Linked Image]

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Glacier_John
I know you hate stereotypes, but somehow your selction of breed seems to fit. smirk

I LOVE this breed and all dogs as well as cats, always have, always will.

Rottweilers are SO intelligent and loving, mine have just been a joy to us and my wife simply adores her mighty Axel, 120 lbs. of love and protection. I would have a dozen of them if I were on an acreage, if we were younger, we would show, train and breed them.

Funny, there HAVE been those who HAVE mentioned a certain similarity between Rotts and I, can't imagine why..... smile

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I love em to, just kidding ya. I really like the look of AlaskaCub's dog, he looks very intellegent.

My wife and I run Golden retrievers in Field trials, we have four two old timers and two up and commers. It is a very intense sport and they are very good at it, but picking a Golden really goes against the grain as 95%-98% of the sport is Labrador Retrievers, I guess that says a lttle something about my contrary personality.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
if AKCub has a dog it must be a Samoyed with it's eyes shut during a blizzard and paws over the black nose!

I see nada but white below his script.

okay now he shows up, nice lookin dog Cub

Last edited by 1akhunter; 03/06/08.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
FWIW- The new Slick bags will be for sale starting tomorrow over at Kifaru...

http://forums.kifaru.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=136551&page=1#Post136551

Last edited by ken999; 03/06/08.
C
CCH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Map, I can see how you might be just a bit bitter given the turn this thread has taken. However as much as you might need to search it out, I think you've been given some sound advice particularly early on. No need for the tarp and woolen blanket. There are lots of good choices out there.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Now, THAT is very interesting, I have been kinda hoping that the Kifaru folks WOULD do exactly that and, I seem to recall a certain guy from New York who mentioned this, as well.

One of THESE in a 0*F rating would really be a hell of a hunting bag here in B.C. I do NOT need another sleeping bag, gawd knows, but, this bag would certainly be among my first choices if I did.

The more quality choices, the better, IMHO.

M
map Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I tell you all, you know how to jack a thread about as good as Ive ever seen. And for the great moutain hiker/hunter granola green lovein die hard extremest or the normal like to talk the chit but prably don,t do the walk or the just the plain-o joe that just like to converse you still keep getting off topic and talking the same-o chit that goes in a continous circle jerk. If you dont like wiggy's thats fine "dont attack everyone because
thats how we get off topic". All Iam adsking fo is a simple answer Iam open for sugestions, and I still keep wondering why a goosedown bag won't work. I live in the sothern U.S. and I dont
have the annual rain fall like Alaska, and wile Iam on the subject of where I live, " dont take where you live for granted
where Iam from we rate wildernes in acers not square miles".
So you all quit dogging eachother and try to help please.
thanks
map

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Map,

Maybe you should take a minute to pull your head out of your a$$.

You asked, you read...

I don't see all this "attack" that your sensitivities seem to tune into. Guys like 'em, guys don't.

You got a glimpse of the car-salesman in action, and you got to read a lot of other stuff, to boot.

Sounds like you might do some research and find out what Barbie and Ken tend to camp with.

As a matter of fact, it really sounds like you picked a favorite and thought this thread was going to massage your decision.

With a whopping 28 posts, you fit the bill of every lamilite-addict that ever crept on board. If you like the stuff, use it. Don't whine because it attracts critique...

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N

Map,

I haven't bothered to read this entire thread, however, as I read your initial posts on this thread you stated that your Alaskan guide required you to have a 0 degree synthetic bag.

If you are asking why you can't buy a down bag as your typical usage would permit this - that's up to you and your guide. I'd say he's very concerned about your bag getting wet and you losing the effectiveness of your survival gear. Talk with your guide and ask if a waterproof stuff sack for a down bag would put him at ease - if not, buy a synthetic.

Keep in mind that each bag's ratings are up to the manufacturer and that everyone sleeps differently. I have a 15 degree bag and have slept down to 20 degree's in just a tee shirt, boxers and socks and slept well - others may have froze their azz off in the same bag wearing long underoos.

I did a quick search on the Mountain Gear website that MAY be suitable for your request.
http://www.mountaingear.com/pages/product/Search_Results_Endeca_New.asp?N=1004&Ne=76&Nr=AND%28649%29&Nu=p%5Frollup&Ns=p%5Fpopular%7C0%7C%7Cp%5Fname%7C0&Ntk=s%5Fsearch

Here's REI's cold bag synthetic search.
http://www.rei.com/Search.do?cm_re=toc*1M*cold_weather&origin=sleeping+bags&cat=4500654&hist=cm_re%2Ctoc*1M*cold_weather%5Eorigin%2Csleeping+bags%5Ecat%2C4500040%5Estart%5Ecat%2C4500654%3ASynthetic

This is a tool on the Backpacker website. See the left and put in your criteria.
http://www.backpacker.com/gear/gear_finder/gear_finder_results/?type=sleepingbags&x=12&y=13

Search through these and read their reviews - hopefully it will help you in your search.

Keep in mind, sometimes the search function is helpful here too...

Good luck in your decision. Enjoy your hunt and trip.

NH Hunter

It's good to lead - it's better to lead by example.
C
CCH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Map, so far you have had recommendations from guys who like their Wiggy's bags -- that is what you asked about -- as well as recommendations for WM, Valandre and others if you like down and a host of others such as ID, Kifaru, BA, Marmot, SD, North Face etc. if you want to stick with synthetics. Frankly, I'm amazed this thread went so smoothly for so long but helpful info has been put out there along the way from the very start. Unless you're going to give your money to some helpful forum member to buy for you, you're just going to have to make up you're own mind. You've certainly been provided with plenty of the opinions you originally requested.

Now if you want to get a down versus synthetic debate going on top of the whole Wiggy's thing, everybody should buckle in and pop a whole bunch of popcorn.

M
map Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Chawn,
I see you have alot of tact and self estien, It's people like you
that keep getting off topic with personal problems with others
I can see I have wasted what time it took to make 28 post I probaly not as sensitve as you think I just ask a simple question
and got a whole bunch of bullchit that I didn't ask for, maybe thats what comes with he territory here. So the best I can tell
the problem with most lyes with either with the salesman or the
co owner instead the product. Any one that has 1389 post probaly don,t have any experince because the sit in front of the ole computer all day.
so dont attack me I havent attacked anyone until now.gfo
yours very truly
map

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am not chitting you guys, there isn't a thread that gets more replies in the Backpack Hunting forum than any thread that has the word Wiggy's in it. I think its funny as chit how uptight you guys get over Wiggy's and Marc T and the Head of Wiggy's guy. Dont really understand it.I have to admit its quite amusing though.

Page 12 of 22 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

444 members (10ring1, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 55 invisible), 2,562 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,173
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.