-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
why don't we lobby brownells to carry more reloading stuff, if enough of us do it, they will carry it. then we can only buy from one source. I'm in the military and have only ordered a few things from them, but it was fast shipping and very reasonable. and they offered me a discount.
I say lets send them emails, who knows what could happen.
emails are free smile

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
GB1

R
RickB Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Brownells acquired Sinclair not too long ago, so in effect they do carry reloading stuff...its just on another web site. smile

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
I just made an order thru Midway this weekend and made sure after reading this thread awhile back to say "No thank you" to the catalog. I'm a Brownells man myself most of the time.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Last week I go an email promo about the importance of my anniversary with/to Midway, so special (discounted?) pricing had been set up for my next order. Interesting, as I am in the midst of building my reloading inventories. I followed their instructions and failed to find a single discounted price on anything ( a long list) that i was interested in.
Midway is getting consistently bad enough that I generally just hit the delete button. Sorry to see them go down the tubes like this.

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.
B
B
Let me first say I don�t work for midway, nor do I have a FFL. I�m just guessing.

Midway offers you a discount because you have a FFL. They do not offer your brother or second cousin a discount. They do not offer your internet buddy who you have never met a discount. It would be real easy for somebody to post on a forum like this that their midway account name is XYZ and the password is 123. Everybody could then log into midway, enter their shipping address and credit card info and get your discount. The only way they can know for sure the FFL is the one getting the discount is by shipping to the FFL address.

IC B2

z1r Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Badspiller,

Ever heard of drop shipping? If I had to reship every order a customer places with me I would never turn a nickle's profit. Their discounts just aren't that big. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to have an item shipped other than your place of business. Often when building a custom rifle for a client they will want dies, brass and bullets first. They'll assemble some rounds and ship them to me to function check the rifle with.

But you seem to be missing the point of Rick's first post where he stated that though his shipping address is on his FFL and is different than his POB, they still refused. Is he giving all his unknown internet buddies keys to his public mailbox too?

The mailing addy of my FFL is also different than my POB. No other vendor gives me grief about it.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
We have a new Cabelas store just north of me. I have compared prices and most of the time I spend my bullet money at Cabelas
because the shipping is so high at Midway. They are only a buck or so cheaper on the bullets and I have a "discount" at midway?
I used to buy from Midway when they shipped free, but not since Cabelas came to town!

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Midway's shipping is unreal and through the roof. I've ordered my last from them.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I have gone to the Midway site a few times only to find numerous dead links and would have to refresh the current link before the next link would work if it did at all. I think that I spent more time doing this than I did trying to shop on their site. I like so many others have gone to Brownells or drove down to the Sportsmans warehouse for the things that need.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I rarely ever order from Midway, too many backorders and overpriced shipping. Plus Midway's server is super slow, I have high speed DSL and it still took 15-20min to place a small order from them.

There was a time they had free shipping, and great sales every month but that's been awhile.

MtnHtr

IC B3

z1r Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hmm, seems like there are more than just a few unhappy customers. Or, should I say ex-customers?

R
RickB Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by BadSpellar
Let me first say I don�t work for midway, nor do I have a FFL. I�m just guessing.

Midway offers you a discount because you have a FFL. They do not offer your brother or second cousin a discount. They do not offer your internet buddy who you have never met a discount. It would be real easy for somebody to post on a forum like this that their midway account name is XYZ and the password is 123. Everybody could then log into midway, enter their shipping address and credit card info and get your discount. The only way they can know for sure the FFL is the one getting the discount is by shipping to the FFL address.

Are you serious? smile

So how does EVERY other company in the firearms business avoid this "evil" situation you came up with?

I guess maybe you didn't read my original post. I called Midway on the phone after I couldn't place the order on their web site and told them I was away from home and they still wouldn't ship here. If they mistrust me that much perhaps they should have never given me an account in the first place.

In order for someone else to impersonate me they would have to have all of my account info for both my bank/credit card (it's on file with Midway) and my Midway account account number, user name and password...plus have a phone that would identify them on caller ID as Rick B----- and display the same phone number that Midway has on file for me.

If somebody has all that info of mine, using my dealer discount at Midway is about the last thing I would be worrying about.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I was a devout Midway fan until the prices started going up and I noticed they shipped backordered items separately and billed a second shipping entry....That did me in. No longer can you get a deal with them once you compare the total price spent with what it would cost to buy from Cabelas and others with either free or flat rate shipping. Potterfield made his riches...I just hope he saved it wisely. Many hunters/shooters on many boards I frequent are stating the same as on here about giving up on being a Midway customer.

Midway will also not budge on price matching. BTDT. The only positive note I can say is that Midway's customer service did treat me right when things were wrong. No complaints there. CS must cost an awful lot these days.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I know that they don't have near the inventory but Natchez Shooters Supply is very good to deal with. Back a few months ago I ordered a rest that they had on sale for a very good price. Sent them a check for it as I do not like using a credit or debit card the first time I order from any company. The order was sent the same or next day that they recieved the check. A few days after the order came I got a check in the mail from them for $1.?? for overpayment of the shipping. Great customer service in my book.

I have since placed one or two more orders from them and had no problems. They will get the business that I used to give Midway if at all possible. Course I do still prefer to buy locally to support the little guys.

Dave.

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been looking at the Elite 3200 and/or the Browning 2x7 made by Bushnell at Natchez. Unfortunately, they don't ship to GA, TN, or AL. Anyone know what's up with the shipping policy to these three states?
Thanks,
GeoW

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sinclair international, owned by Brownells, is a excellent place to by reloading equip., if you order 5 or more boxs of bullets you save a good amount of money, shipping is fast too.

If there is a back order, shipping is free on the later items, from my experiance.

hotrodusa.....N.R.A. Life Member
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by GeoW
I've been looking at the Elite 3200 and/or the Browning 2x7 made by Bushnell at Natchez. Unfortunately, they don't ship to GA, TN, or AL. Anyone know what's up with the shipping policy to these three states?
Thanks,
GeoW

Probably don't want to compete with retailers in their area.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I order from Midway when they are the only ones that carry what I need, which is seldom.

Graf's and Lock, Stock & Barrel will mail stuff to me in a flat rate box, Midway will not.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
And frankly, the 'discount' at Midway is becoming a less and less spread between that and retail..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Paul39
Originally Posted by GeoW
Thanks,
GeoW

Probably don't want to compete with retailers in their area.

Paul

From what I've been told they don't want to compete w/ other stores/retail outlets/etc that they supply product to in those states. Makes sense. Bummer, as I've missed out on some truly sweet deals b/c of this policy.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

666 members (219 Wasp, 160user, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 64 invisible), 2,247 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,838
Posts18,496,777
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.