-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'm not a leftie, but in scanning this board, I'm surprised that rifles like the Ruger #1 do not get more play........<BR><P>------------------<BR><BR><I><B>Critr</B></I><BR> <A HREF="http://www.SaguaroSafaris.com" TARGET=_blank>www.SaguaroSafaris.com</A>

Critr
GB1

Talker Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="2">Originally posted by need one:<BR><B>Talker, -- fast becoming one of my favorite hunting rifles is a 7400 30-06 carbine with the 18" barrel. Since you mentioned it my fathers rifle is a Rem 760 chambered in 300 Savage, bet it didn't shoot three boxes of shells. I let my uncle take it until he passed away and he added a sling and barrel band,(split), never had a scope on it, don't think it was drilled for one from the factory. It can be yours for $350 plus shipping and paperwork. It just sits in the safe and I am the last of the line. -- no</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Why thank you, I'm flattered you'd consider me someone suitable to take custody of your heirloom rifle. I'm afraid it would just sit if I owned it, though. There are more guns in the rack than I have time to shoot now. But if there is someone else on this board looking for a first rate "leftie's gun" Those Remingtons are surprisingly accurate and handy. <BR>

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'm not strictly left handed...ambidexterous. I do it both ways, left or right, depending on the situation. Stephanie [Linked Image]<P>------------------<BR>I may be little but this miss knows her deer! smile

I may be little but this miss knows her deer!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Toons, -- there is a 1000 table show in Mesquite Big Town,(East Side of Dallas)Feb 10-11. Small show but a good show for me to pick up my kind of fun. The dealer you would be interested in has not made the last two shows, Jon Tomas out of Odessa, he has your kind of shotguns, he is always at the Dallas Market Hall show,(don't know next date now). The next Wanenmacher's show at Tulsa is April 7-8, 3,700 actual tables in one 11 acre room. Featuring Browning Collector's Association. Phone 918-492-0401 or <A HREF="http://www.tulsaarmsshow.com" TARGET=_blank>www.tulsaarmsshow.com</A> ^^^ make reservations very early people come from all over the world. It's in the fairgrounds. -- no<P>PS. This old man is not qualified to write for you, there are many around this campfire much more intelligent and knowledgeable than I. Thank you!! When you put that Bekini on I will come with the multitudes to show my support. Mark, down boy, I'm too old for that exercise stuff, by the time I ran across the street someone would have to call 911. [Linked Image]-- no

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I am a leftie too. I shoot right handed, my right eye is dominant. I actually shoot with both eyes open..another topic.<P>When I started hunting when I was 28 I shot either hand with a shotgun or handgun, but always shot rifles right. As time went on I lost that edge and now only shoot righthanded.<P>FYI: Psychology Today back in the 70's had a lefthanded article. Lefties can do more right handed skills better than righties can do lefthanded skills. However lefties tend to have a higher accident rate with auotmobiles.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Another lefty checking in [Linked Image] I had to laugh at Jim's recital of ".270, 30-06, 7mm, and 300 Win mag". Granted those calibers will get it done. But what if I want a .257 Roberts, or 25-06, or even a .308? I have two chances that I will find one in a lefty bolt action, those chances are: Fat, and Slim. Take your pick. [Linked Image] I bought a Rem 760 in .243 last year and I really like this rifle. I have a Savage 110DL in .270 that I have been very pleased with. Prior to that I owned a 788 in 6mm with heavy barrel. Very nice rifle, but the bolt was on the wrong side. I traded it for my .270. I have two children, my son is right handed, but noticably left eye dominant. My daughter is a lefty. Both shoot left handed. I would love to be able to buy a short action M-70, Rem Model 7, or even a Ruger M-77 in a lefthanded action. But my chances are less than slim & Fat. I guess I have whined enough. Incidentally I shoot a handgun right handed, am a switch hitter in Baseball, play golf, raquet ball, tennis and ping-pong righthanded, and kick right footed. Go figure. Mark.

BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well,<P>I went through the trouble of getting this picture on the web, so I could post it in the Gunsmithing board. <P>Decided to post it here, just for us lefties. It's my 416 Taylor built on a M70 Classic, and no, it's not for sale!<P> [Linked Image] <P>------------------<BR>Brian<BR><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/bw_99835/" TARGET=_blank>The 416 Taylor WebPage!</A>

Brian

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
I am right handed but left eye dominant but always shot righty. About 4 years ago my right (shooting) eye quit working so I had to switch to left side shooting, and me, owning 60+ right handed rifles, decided to just "over the top" cycle them instead of going to left side actions. It hasn't been a smooth or very satisfactory transition. I did install Brownell's Big Head safeties on my 870 and 11/48 right hand shotguns which was some help in finding the safety. Ol Grouch

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
I shoot left.. and am checking in...<P>Shoot right handers, left handers.. single shooters.. whatever... ;-)<P>--Steve

--Steve
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I use Lever guns because they do not hamper me too much. I also have a left-handed Sauer 200 in .308. Semi-autos are another I purchase to compensate for my being left-handed.

IC B3

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I use Lever guns because they do not hamper me too much. I also have a left-handed Sauer 200 in .308. Semi-autos are another I purchase to compensate for my being left-handed.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn

P
P
Left eye dom. here. For years I got by with righthanded firearms. Finally, about 4 years ago I said "screw it" and began trading my RH bolt actions for LHers. Finished the trades and extra cash out last year (wife really happy nowadays for some reason). My semi-autos were never traded, of course--some could have gone, but who would want to live without a SKS and M7000?<P>------------------<BR>"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." - Tuco, GBU

"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." - Tuco, GBU
J
jb Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Yet another lefty checking in.<BR>I go out of my way to try to find left handed rifles, or rifles that can easily be used by lefties.<BR>I'm a lever action nut, have 7 of them. I like the Wincher 88's because the safety can be easily switched to a left handed shooter.<BR>I have 4 left handed bolt actions, 700BDL in 270, Ruger Mark II in 7mag, Model 70 stainless & walnut in 338 and a real rare Browning A-Bolt Stainless Stalker w/ BOSS in the short action 7mm-08.<BR>My shotguns range froma LH Model 1100 in 12ga to 3 Browning BPS in 12's & 20' O/U from Brownings and Beretta, and my favorite a 16ga SXS Parker.<BR>I don't feel I'm to handicapped as a lefty, there are lots of firearms out there that we can use very well, although short actions are a real pain in the butt to find.<BR>remember this: "A left handed person is always of the right mind".

a little bit of heaven is found just north of the bridge
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Checking in on behalf of my 2 year old daughter who is a confirmed southpaw. However, if possible, I would like her to learn to shoot right-handed (so I can justify buying her a gun and then shoot it myself!!!!!!!!)

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Don't remember who it was, but as the only LH shooter I only buy long guns with tang safeties: Browning BPS, Mossberg, Savage, and the cowboy leverguns. SKS' don't count. Nor do NEF Handi-Rifles and single shots. FWIW, I do most of my big game hunting with a 4in 44mag. The lack of LH bolt guns and high prices for single shots maybe why I'm more of a handgunner than anything else. Traded a real accurate German M98 Mauser in 8x57 cause it was too awkward. Now I'm considering a Handi-Rifle in 7x57 for my next do it all rifle. $200 and it isn't 243, 270, 30-06, or 7mmRemMag.

But.....ain't many troubles that a man caint fix
with seven hundred dollars and his thirty ought six."

Lindy Cooper Wisdom
M
M
I too am left handed. I have Winchester, Remington, Browning, Savage, and Weatherby rifles in left hand actions. I also have some right hand bolt actions in calibers I wanted but they were not avialable in left hand guns. And there is always the lever actions and automatics a few of each that I have purchased.<BR> Everytime I have purchased a rifle not one gun dealer had a left hand in stock and they would have to order it. I guess they do not keep left hand guns in stock as they think they may be unable to sell them or they do not sell that well. My favorite hunting rifle is a right hand Winchester Featherweight in 280 caliber.

TTS Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'm RH-Left eye dominate. Only my bolt action rifles are LH. I once read that about 17% of the population is left handed. Yet I have never been to a gun dealer whose stock of bolt action rifles consisted of 17% LH rifles. I wonder if all LH shooters asked for and ONLY bought LH bolt actions, would this change? I am sure that if this were to happen, the manufactures would also offer us LH shooters more options. However, shooting LH does save me a lot of money when looking at the used gun rack. TTS

D
D
First time on this board. Used to post on Shooters a year or more ago. Left handed and shooting a custom LH "mirror image" Mauser actioned 6.5x55. It cost a lot but was worth every penny. <BR>New project is rebarreling a LH Mannlicher Model M from 270 into 8x57.<BR>Just read that Sako will be making LH Sako 75s from 2002. Also, Tikka do a good LH rifle in all the calibres their RH range covers.<BR>Keep the faith, Deerdogs.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Im a fellow lefty shot and still do <BR>Rem. 760,s because of accuracy and handeling<BR>qualitys. Have Rem 700,s and one Win LH<BR>model 70 both in .375 H&H. Wish some of <BR>the better stock makers would have LH<BR>bolt action stocks at a reasonable price.<BR>Most LH rifles seem to have a tough time<BR>selling here in AK, at least that is what <BR>dealers tell me. There is a LH model 70<BR>SS in .300 Win here that they have dropped<BR>price to $560 from $660. I want one of the<BR>new Win. model 70 SS short action magnums!<BR>Also I really like the old model 88 Win.<BR>but they are to valuable to hunt with.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 117LBS, 1234, 55 invisible), 2,877 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,796
Posts18,536,459
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.