Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I posted this in the first area but got little comments.

I am thinking of buying a tikka t3 lite in blue synthetic and wonder what if any experince hunters have had with them

I have seen two tikka with wood that are very accurate rifles. They are older and wonder how new ones stack up.

Randy

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
HR IC

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I got a .223 in this config. a couple years ago for my son. Nice gun. Accurate enough, good trigger and overall very well made.

Don't like the detachable magazine idea as I could loose it at some point and replacement price is steep. Can't loose a blind mag. or a hinged floor plate!

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I had one but it was stainless instead of blue.

It was lightweight , well balanced , accurate , and had a great trigger.

I used it for 1 hunting season and killed 5 deer with it. Federal Fusion 165's shot 3/4" and were absolutely death on deer.

Some people don't like the detachable mags. Other than the price I did not see a problem with them.

I had a Trijicon Accupoint 3X9 mounted in lightweight Talleys on mine. A great combination.

Unfortunately I let a friend of mine talk me out of it. I miss that rifle.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have a T3 lite in stainless that is 30-06.... i bought this gun to take hunting wne the weather is nasty since I am a Walnut & blued kind of guy.. smile However, I have found myself hunting with it more than I first thought.... It is light, fast handling, and very accurate... I cn easily shot 1/2 groups at 100 yards all day long.... This is done with the very first handloads I tried.... Never even tried something diffrent since it shot the first try so good....

Just for a point of referrence.... I "collect" Pre - 64 Win. model 70's and Sakos.... I hunt alot with these guns. I like nice rifles and do not have an issue with spending money on guns I like... With that said I think the best gun for the money is the Tikka T3 lite..........

The only thing I changed was I put a new recoil pad (screw on, no mods needed) on it from Limb saver.... I also used Talley light weight rings instead of the rings that came with the gun....

Buy one... you will not regret it.

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought the same exact rifle from a guy off this board a few months back, I guess seeing is believing, here are several groups fired with different loads and bullets, from my t3, average for all groups is in the .5's you be the judge

[Linked Image]

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
After the first range visit and walk carrying the T3 light, you will be convinced, they are great shooters, light weight, and made well/durable. Added a Limbsaver recoil pad to the .308's we have and a .270 I scoped/dialed in/camo'd for a buddy. All shoot cloverleafs with Federal blue box ammo.

They do make good rifles for the price.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Another satisfied customer. Mine is a stainless 30-06 with limbsaver pad and Leupold 2.5-8X scope. It is the lightest rifle I own as well as the most accurate. A lot of people worry about this plastic part or that plastic part breaking but they seem to be holding up just fine from all reporte I have read.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
+1 to what JMR said!

Mine is a blue and synthetic 300 WSM. Has shot several 300 yard 5 shot groups of about 2 1/2" with factory ammo.
Great trigger, but did have a LimbSaver pad installed.

Two trips to Canada with no problems.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
So far, my T3 Lite .30-06 shoots every kind of ammo well, not finicky at all. I have yet to try the match stuff in it.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I've got the T3 Lite in Stainless. Added the Limbsaver pre fit pad, lossened the trigger screw 1/4 turn and mounted a Weaver V9 in the factory rings.

It grouped regular old Remmy CoreLokts ,150 grn., so well I didn't try any other loads.

Gave it the old Krylon camo job.

Some of the best money I ever spent on a stock rifle.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
you guys that are adding the limbsaver, is this adding a little more LOP to the gun?? that is the only thing I don't like about the gun, the pistol grip is more vertical, which leaves me wanting for another 1/2" of LOP, any ideas on a good way to gain this.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Buy one... I've got a T3 Lite in 338 Federal and I love it. Usually you buy a 600 dollar "project in a box" at that price point and then pay a smith to get the trigger decent, and then pay the smith to bed it right, and then pay the smith to screw another barrel on it and blueprint the action. Mine came right out of the box, I adjusted the trigger down to 2 3/4 Lbs and shot it. it groups just about every load I've fed it sub-moa (which Tikka does gaurantee it will shoot MOA) End of story...

Hell, buy two.

I plan on adding another one in 6.5x55 real soon smile

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh yeah, spend the extra money and get it in stainless. You'll be glad you did. Then you really don't have to worry about getting it rusty if the weather gets nasty.

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Yes, adding the limbsaver does make the LOP a little longer. It won't be 1/2" but I noticed a difference. For me that was a disadvantage, but worth it to help reduce recoil on this light weight gun.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
get you a Tikka, you won't regret it. I have a Tikka wood/blue 270WSM. I have Tikka SYN/Stainless 270 and I am in the process of trading my not so accurate Ruger no. 1 7mm for a Tikka wood/Blue 7mm rem mag from budsgunshop. I have talley LW on all of them. great guns, very accurate out of the box.

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks so much which screw on limbsaver is it? does the Sako one fit or which.

I plan on checking out a stocking gun shop tomorrow and see how it fits. If they have a limbsaver to mount I will get it then.
Randy

Lester Roloff
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have 2 T3's in the LS model-both in 270WSM with Optilock rings & bases and Leupold VX3 scopes. Love them, great shooters. I personally do not care for the T3 synthetics and got the LS models.

My reloads for my rifle with 140gr AB's shoots 0.217" @ 100metrers for a 5 shot group. The other shoots factory WS ammo (140 AB's) (wife's rifle) @ 0.5" groups.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Medicman

Limbsaver 10011

Increasing the length of pull is a challenge, the limbsaver pad fits inside the stock. The design is not a flush mount to allow for adding a spacer.

Last edited by Mikem2; 04/03/08.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mikem2
Medicman

Limbsaver 10011

Increasing the length of pull is a challenge, the limbsaver pad fits inside the stock. The design is not a flush mount to allow for adding a spacer.

Mikem2

Thank you for info

Randy

Lester Roloff
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Just go and buy the dang thing before you change your mind. If you don't, I'm coming down there and whupp you good.

Big Brother Keith

And if you think the Limbsaver will make it too long for you, get a Pachmayr Decelerator or similar. I's a 30-06, not a 338 mag.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (219DW, 1234, 2500HD, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1minute, 58 invisible), 2,425 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,796
Posts18,496,236
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.