Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by RaceTire
Casey,
All of the discussion on this forum has been very informative. There has been lots of data discussed. This wolf thing is a tough deal with both sides "digging in their heels". What is refreshing though is the way those of us that hunt and want them delisted and managed by the states they reside in have handled it. It has taken a long time and been a struggle for those of you out west and those of us that come to enjoy the beautiful areas you live, ranch, and hunt. Too bad the struggle is not over. Keeping the info flowing IMO goes a long way toward winning the struggle. FWI a friend of mine told me a couple of years ago that the Elk calf survival rate up Grey's River Road in Wyoming unit 144 steadily dropped from 1996 through 2006 (when I talked to and hunted with him last) to almost zero. Hopefully one day things will work out and they will be managed well. Keep up the fight.

Dave

Thanks Dave. And sorry about all the fussing and fueding in-between......

The states aren't going to let wolves put a hurtin' on elk populations--there'll be plenty of elk to hunt. And some wolves to hunt too!

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by AI_fool

You get the Red Wolf argument out there don't you? That's a real hot potato on all sides with the coyote population explosion. I guess they are having a hard time deciding if they have any pure "Red Wolf" left.

The last thing I heard from a Prof that had some knowledge of the issue, they didn't have any pure Red Wolves left, but DPole pointed out the Red Wolf program was still going.......so heck if I know what going on........... confused

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by AI_fool

You get the Red Wolf argument out there don't you? That's a real hot potato on all sides with the coyote population explosion. I guess they are having a hard time deciding if they have any pure "Red Wolf" left.

The last thing I heard from a Prof that had some knowledge of the issue, they didn't have any pure Red Wolves left, but DPole pointed out the Red Wolf program was still going.......so heck if I know what going on........... confused

Casey

Oh yeah...it's still going.

Steve

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DPole
Originally Posted by Dog_Hunter

Boo hoo. Did I touch a nerve?

No. I noticed your weakness in knowledge of biology throughout your "fun" posts. I asked questions and posed possibilities to get further info and evidence that you really don't know what a BS in biology should know. I led you around by the nose-ring, using your own huffy self-attributed authoritative self-positioning on the high horse and vague suggestions, until you showed you didn't even remember what you were trying to trash me about, did not know the subject matter, admitted that you were just screwing with me, and are not really interested in solving or discussing anything. You are more interested in trashing someone you don't like. You don't know technical writing, or the scientific method. You didn't even know that I was investigating. Not that it matters, because I don't think a BS makes the biologist, but it is pretty evident you have no such degree, or at least slept through the classes, or went to a [bleep] school. What was the name of your degree? Where did you get it? What was your GPA and where did you place in your graduating class? "Pretty good" doesn't make it in the real world. There are thousands of folks fixing fences and working at Wallyworld that did "pretty good"; respectable jobs, but not what they went to school for.

After reading your posts, I can surmise that if you really did achieve the BS, you likely will never make grad school, and you will never last in the profession. Too much of an assclown. But by all means, continue to have fun. smirk

Dpole!!! I knew you wouldn't stay gone for long!

My grades weren't the best, but I did good in the wildlife classes. I was a B student. It was non-wildlife classes that brought my GPA down to about 2.8 or 2.85. Classes like Sociology and Physics. My definition of "pretty good" seems to be different from yours. I did really good on the GREs though and the Prof I talked to at U of M said that should help the grad committee overlook my low GPA. I don't have great school references though (imagine that). That will also make it tough. If I don't make it, fine. I'll get a second BS. I also have a LOR from a Marine Colonel, 2 leadership diplomas, a host of certificates (including 1 for training Iraqi soldiers) and awards/medals as well as a guiding license (standard red cross/CPR certificates included). If I don't get a job in your field there are federal agencies hiring people with only 1 BS, let alone 2 and veterans preference. So don't worry about me sunshine, I'll be fine in the civilian world.

I respect that you have been in your field so long, but you must admit that your conduct on this forum is no better than those that you have complained about.
Gotta leave for a funeral tomorrow, so I won't be able to chat with ya for a few days. Have a good one.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dog_Hunter

Dpole!!! I knew you wouldn't stay gone for long!

let alone 2 and veterans preference. So don't worry about me sunshine, I'll be fine in the civilian world.

but you must admit that your conduct on this forum is no better than those that you have complained about.

Who said I was going anywhere?

I just no longer have a good reason to argue about wof biology, etc. on an internet hunting forum.

Ah yes; a vet. You may very well be able to do it, with probation. Maybe you could apply for that job of investigating predator kills.

Well sushine, my "conduct" has varied in response to the poster I'm addressing, based on how they have treated me. Its the only way to survive. I probably mistakenly trampled on some who didn't deserve it. At least I have not started to harrass posters for "fun." But hey, I think you might be in SU35's group of trusted and respected guys on the forum. Rejoice!

Beware the barbarians at the gate, with their stone axes and odd cries.

There are many copies.
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I hope to go elk hunting in Idaho some day. If I do, any wolf I come across will get the same thing coyotes do around here only I'll feel better about it!!!!!

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

471 members (219 Wasp, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 160user, 12344mag, 219DW, 60 invisible), 2,362 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,150
Posts18,502,825
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.