Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by HUNTS
Mark's just trying to drum up some more RE sales. Next he'll be telling stories about finding bright yellow shiny rocks everywhere. grin

AH-Hah!!!! You're busted Dober.....yellow shiny rocks....my eye buddy.

Thanks for settin' things straight HUNTS. grin

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I might be able to help you with that, Jim! I hunt alot down in that area. If your nephew isn't all over it, let me know and I'll slip you a couple of my secret spots.

Seeing as how you live so far away and all <g>.

There is some amazing hunting from Sutherlin down to Roseburg. The tricky part is that a lot of the land is private. However I have put the work in (mostly from turkey hunting) to find the nuggets of public land in there...

For a more traditional experience, you want to get up in the Cascades. Less deer, but more of a mountain thing. Still pretty thick.

If you really want to see how the other half lives hunt the Coast Range. That is thiiiiiick. There are areas with lots of deer. You'll know they are there because you'll see their trails and tracks and poops, and maybe even hear one running away... at 20 yards.... :-)

-jeff

Jeff,

Thanks, and I sent a PM with the details. I grew up on the Central Coast of California (Monterey County), so I can do without a repeat of the really thick stuff. Blacktails are fun to hunt though.

jim

LCDR Jim Dodd, USN (Ret.)
"If you're too busy to hunt, you're too busy."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jeff, headed to CA on the 5th. Moved in and am continuing to work on the house... that'll be a year-long occupation. There's a REASON people buy lived-in, fully landscaped homes!!!!

Really like the house though, and has true "cooks kitchen"... all appliances are stainless, five burner gas cook top in the island with 42" hood overhead. Double oven, granite tops, 10" deep "farm" sink (15 ga. stainless), cherry cabinets, euro pulls, 18" tiled (radiant) floor.

Yeah, seem to remember an obscure song about CA girls... laugh

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Oooh, you'll like that radiant heat floor. My dad built a house like that. About as cozy as it gets.

Unless it breaks <evil grin!> He did have a dead spot (cold spot) in his floor that was just too much hassle to go after...

My kids just lay around on his floor. He's up near Bend Oregon; probably a reasonable fascimile of your climate.

You do ALL that stuff yourself? Lots of head-scratching, or have you done it for other people before?

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by UtahLefty
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
And Wyo, Idaho, Oregon, Wa, Utah, Colo, New Mex.......and

Dober

no -- don't bother with Utah !! It's even worse!

Idaho has you all beat...
grin

Wolves and yuppies, no elk or deer to speak of...
Ahem!
smirk whistle

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jeff, I designed, framed, sided, painted, trimmed, tiled, floored, hung cabinets, doors, etc.

I don't touch drywall, so jobbed that out. Not a licensed electrician of plumber so jobbed those out. Jobbed out all concrete work and roof. Other than those, I did the rest solo.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pictures, Brad, Pictures!
grin

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
No sense in thinking about Utah, since there's nothing here but sandstone cliffs, lizards and Mormons that will try to convert you. The hunting and fishing is rotten, the weather sucks, the education system is stuck in the 1930's and sales taxes will eat up your unemployment check.

See, Dober, first liar doesn't have a prayer. wink

Wayne

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not so fast Jimmy grin

When it's totally painted and landscaped I'll put up a couple pics!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cool!

It sounds like a nice place, for sure...
cool

James Elroy Flecker

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Rough neighborhood though........grin

Little thunderstorm headed our way Brad.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Smart man to avoid drywall. We use it a bunch in the recording world, because it's the cheapest "mass" there is. My studio has 3 layers on the walls, 2 on the ceiling. You can imagine how much fun that was! I had pinched nerves between my shoulder blades for years afterwards.

I would do my own wiring and then get it inspected... I think. Done a lot of that. Plumbing, I might pay a guy to do that. I feel like I could do the foundation; I did the perimeter foundation for the studio from the trench to the forms, but... a house foundation would be more complex. For the studio, I just looked at what code was and multiplied everything by 1.5x. Height, trench depth, width, rebar, everything. Turned out great and 15 years later there's not a crack in a WET spot on expansive clay soils. But still... might want to pay a pro to do that. Probably should.

I worry about my ability to frame a complex roof with lots of intersecting rooflines and so on... I SHOULD be able to figure out the math, basically, but I've seen guys really scratching their heads over that stuff!! And if it gets away from you (framing of any kind) then it's a real PITA when it's time to put the sheetgoods on there.

I'm vey intrigued by what you've done! The thought of paying myself very well to get a good workout for a year has it's charms. The financing might be tricky. OTOH, we own our land/home outright so there's lots of equity to draw against.

PM me a pic sometime, if you get a chance!

As to California girls... dude... let us just have a moment of silent reflection in appreciation of the concept of the Californicus Femalicus.

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are you applying for a tag in a primo trophy area? If so, expect a long wait. I've been saving elk points in Oregon for about a dozen years for a reason. Likely next season I WILL literally be able to tell one before the draw that I'm going to the best unit in the state for a trophy bull.

Fortunately, I also apply for things in a couple of other states, so I do get in 2 to 3 weeks of hunting each year.

1Minute
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I feel they did screw the system up when they went from preference points to "bonus" points.

However, most people can draw at least every other year, you must be the unluckiest person out there!

What tag are you trying for? The big game combo is normally not that hard to draw at least every other year.

Venor ergo sum
A
abc Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I think that the residents of the state did not want preference points after a few years and they went to bonus points. I would perfer not to have any points and let the draw be random.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
coolthe view out my office here at Big Sky today is about 50 feet, tis snowing sideways like a big dawg!

Montana sure do suck!

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Having a grim spring here in Oregon, too.

(it's almost like we are trying to keep people away, Mark!)

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
70s here today in San Diego, will go to about 85 Saturday and Sunday before dropping back down to "normal" for this time of year. If you don't know, San Diego has the easiest climate to live in of all of North America. wink

The hunting is very poor though, which is why I am doing all these road trips.

jim

LCDR Jim Dodd, USN (Ret.)
"If you're too busy to hunt, you're too busy."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
jim,

You are killin' me.

I was down your way just a few weeks ago. I concur on the climate. Problem is.... all those damn Californians! :-)

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dober, snowing sideways here too, big time.

I'm outa here in 1.5 weeks. Yippee laugh

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

483 members (007FJ, 1lesfox, 160user, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 43 invisible), 2,248 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,483
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.