Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#21981 06/23/01
Toons Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I have been working on a petition since the beginning of the year, and posted about here and on the HC forum. I have had several very positive responses and helpful hints from everyone. Not once did I get flamed or start a war with the fellow campers in my quest for help. <P>I don't agree with what every single person here posts, but don't object to peoples opinions either. What I do object to is when people abuse each other for no apparent reason and when "peace" is made, the instigators still keep taking jabs. Enough already George. You seem to be a person of some intelligence so before you lose any more credibility for not letting it go, stop this behavior.<P>People really are willing to listen, and fight for the causes they believe whether it be hunting rights, the right to bear arms, whether or not we subsidize charities etc. They listen especially well when they don't feel as if they have someone's fist down their throat and foot up their ass.<P>If so choose you too can participate in my petition I am working on. If you access the posts from the beginning of the year you can see what it is I am attempting to do, and all the others who have helped out as well. You will see that most of your comments of people not willing to help are inaccurate. I have numerous emails from others who were courteous enough not to clog the system with my requests of intro ideas.<P>I am simply asking you to behave the way your parents would want you to behave, and I am sure they raised you to be respectful of everyone and a big enough man not to stoop to levels unbecoming of men.<P>Toons<P>PS - I would very much appreciate your thoughts and ideas for the petition. Once you review the posts from the beginning of the year I am certain you would have some positive comments which will help me with my cause.<P>------------------<BR>Don't be ashamed to say what you are not ashamed to think.

Don't be ashamed to say what you are not ashamed to think.
GB1

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Toons,<BR> I don't hear you say anything about those members that attacked me.People had a<BR>lot to say when they felt that I was gone but<BR>the minute they found out that I was still here,there was dead silence.When this was<BR>going on why didn't you ask everyone to stop?<BR> You see this is the same problem that I<BR>had before.Why me and not them or why not just all of us? No it was me.Of course those<BR>other members NEVER did anything wrong.Are<BR>we trying to rewrite history?I seem to<BR>remember even you taking a few shots at me on<BR>another posting.What is so different between<BR>you and me? Is it ok for you to do it but not<BR>me? It's not ok for anyone to do it but I guess that was not the case.<BR> Some of you didn't want me at Hunter's<BR>Campfire taling politics.Fine.If you wish to<BR>talk politics with me,no problem.Otherwise<BR>please see yourself back to Hunter's Campfire<BR>and do some talking with some of your friends.I'm not a person who minces words<BR>anymore.If the talkers from Hunter's Campfire<BR>wishes to come here to try and stop these<BR>anti's.I would think that it would be great.<BR>Other wise I would hope that people don't<BR>waste my time.I'm here on this forum for politics and not to listen to someone telling<BR>me to stop.If you wish to join in our talks,<BR>you are more than welcome.Please just don't<BR>continue treating me any differently than the<BR>other members.This has been the problem from the start.<P> GOOD HUNTING<BR> GEORGE

Toons Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
1. I did not any way ask you to stop speaking of politics.<P>2. I in no way took shots at you. I simply asked you to be civil.<P>3. You were the one who came across like the bull in the china shop, thus getting the reaction you did, and the feeling of having to leave all together.<P>4. You should reread my posts. Especially the one I just sent to you. As it was stated you are more than welcome to help me with my petition. And if it is not political enough for you then oh well. <P>Toons<P><BR>PS - never mind...the offer is still good, and as Rick already said discretion really is the better part of valor.<P><P>------------------<BR>Don't be ashamed to say what you are not ashamed to think.

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Toons,<BR> This is going no where fast.You stated,<BR>" I simply asked you to be civil."What you<BR>did say to me was,"Enough already George."<BR>That does not sound like asking to me but<BR>telling me.And you still have not answered me<BR>some questions that I had asked you.<BR> Are you going to ask some of the members<BR>in Hunter's Campfire to be civil also?What is<BR>that saying? Oh ya."What is good for the gooseis good for the gander." It doesn't look<BR>good when you ask me to be civil but fail to<BR>ask the other members the samething.Why don't<BR>you ask Rick if you are being fair in this?<P> GOOD HUNTING<BR> GEORGE<BR>

Toons Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
You know what George you are right this is going no where fast. You are not interested in speaking of the petition or helping me or the cause I am trying help. <P>You appear to be more interested in seeing everyone get slapped on the nose as you feel you did.<P>You are so worried about wasting your time and in fact you have been a total waste of mine.<P>I guess it was too much to ask of you to be the better person. No wonder Canada lost all it rights. It had people like you fighting the wrong fight.<P><BR>Toons<P><P>------------------<BR>Don't be ashamed to say what you are not ashamed to think.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
George, we do try to be polite. When we responded POLITELY that we did not agree with you, we were not attacking you, we were simply stating our views. We would appreciate it if you did not flame us. <BR> I know this may very well be a losing battle already if you take this the wrong way. I am not against you. I am trying to help you because you won't accomplish anything here if you make yourself a thorn in everybody's side.

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Toons and big hunter,<BR> I will put this to rest<BR>when someone tells me that some other members<BR>were also not polite.So far Toons has not<BR>even answered my questions put to her.This is<BR>a very simple matter. I WAS NOT THE ONLY ONE<BR>IN THE WRONG.For some reason some of continue<BR>to think so.Didn't some of the other hunters<BR>have dirty hands also?Or am I wrong again?<P> GOOD HUNTING<BR> GEORGE

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
I'm just asking but I know that like George I'll get flamed for this, but you know what I really don't care any more, here goes. Does this post belong in the political section or the BS section? I would like to know if it has been cleared by the chosen few. The only reason I still hang around is to see what childish things happen next.......deadeye [Linked Image]<P><p>[This message has been edited by deadeye (edited June 22, 2001).]

So far, this is the oldest I've ever been.
Some days you're the dog. Some days you're the hydrant.
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
deadeye,<BR> Your right it does belong in the BS<BR>section over at Hunter's Campfire.I was told<BR>that I HAD TO POST IN THE POLITICAL SECTION.<BR>So here I am but these people seem to be able<BR>to do as they please.Why is that Rick? Why<BR>don't you tell them to do this type of posting at Hunter's Campfire? I continue to<BR>make my point but,"no body is home."

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well George, define rude. Under my current defination of rude, most of the people were polite when speaking to you. A few got a bit carried away, but most everybody was polite. Of course, you probably have a more loose defination of rude too.<BR><p>[This message has been edited by big hunter (edited June 22, 2001).]

IC B3

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
George, I stopped posting here yesterday shortly after 5 pm. I even changed a post that I made just to see if this would stop. But you know some of these Americans are like little children aren't they. You just have to ignore them, I guess they forgot what they learned at home. When I came to this site I knew there were some different folks and some who like to be in control, but that's ok they are everywhere. Anyway go ahead and flame me some more, I'll be quiet again for a bit.......deadeye [Linked Image]<p>[This message has been edited by deadeye (edited June 22, 2001).]

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
deadeye,<BR> I don't buy it.It is not because their<BR>American that this type of thing happens.If<BR>you remember,"need one," had to take his foot<BR>out of his mouth after I faxed him the documents.People are people no matter where<BR>you are.There is also the good and the bad.<BR>Some people are more pro-active then others.<BR>That has to change though if we are going to<BR>win the battle.We need more people to join<BR>the battle.<P> GOOD HUNTING<BR> GEORGE

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
You're right George, I wasn't saying that those kind of people aren't on both sides of the border, every place has their share, but why two sets of rules?.......deadeye

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
deadeye,<BR> That is the way things are run here.<BR>Like I said some peope are more equal than<BR>others.<P> GOOD HUNTING<BR> GEORGE

P
P
Some people are more equal than others?<P>Where did I recently read that "all men were created equal"? Must not have been on George's site.<P>Whatever Goerge, you don't have to bash someone because they're not stepping up to your crusade. <P>And others should have the same curtesy, as most posts I've read so far have shown that curtesy. Well, until recently that is.<P>Just an observation. Good hunting and keep up the fight!<P>PH

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Parrot_Head,<BR> I will keep up the fight.With or<BR>without people.I've done it that way for over<BR>a year with Charity Watch.By the way.Are you<BR>still busy?<P> GOOD HUNTING<BR> GEORGE

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I have learned one thing about petitions. They make good toilet paper. People are fast to sign petitions if thats all they have to do. But to get them to do anything but sing their name on a piece of paper is like pulling teeth. I have NEVER seen petitions work on issues where there is an agenda and the formalities of public meetings is just that FORMALITIES. Petitions arent going to stop the freight train of our eroding gun rights and hunting priveleges, but it will keep the politicians in toilet paper. bcat

If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes [img]http://www.hunttalk.com/icon/bcatrunningcat.gif.com/boykin][/img] <BR><A HREF="http://www.huntandlodge.com/Boykin/outfitter.html" TARGET=_blank>Boykin's Hunting <B>Homepage</B> </A>
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When folks swear allegiance to a person or title{ the queen in this instance ] they have a different mindset than we who live under a constitution.My Australian friends think they understand,but they dont.I doubt the Canadians do either.Add to that the FRENCH influence and you really got a mess.<P>Don't underestimate the power of the 2nd.IT's all we really have,but so far'it's been enough.You will never see outright banning of firearms here.<P>Too many are mistaking rhetoric - or the lack of it - for commitment - or the lack of it.It's not hard to spot the posters who are promoting themselves instead of ideas.<P>Some of y'all wanted more posters over here.'preciate the invite.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
'
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
'
...'Slayer checking in George, like I promised!...ready to kick butt!!!<BR>...so who are we going after first?.....<BR>DS

'Slayer
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Slayer, I hate to say this, but I think the day will come, if it hasn't already, where the second amendment won't be enough. I believe that it says, "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." I believe that they have infringed upon it already, and will continue to do so until it is gone. That is, unless we all do something about it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (007FJ, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,488 guests, and 858 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,308
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.