-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm white, but grew up as a somewhat persecuted minority (in a small town in New Mexico).

My dad is/was a history and philosophy professor, and so I have been broadly exposed to, and studied, all the major religions of the world but subscribe to none of them.

I'm not saying I'm right... but I AM saying that those who wish for a Judeo-Christian, white, America (or Canada, I presume) should keep in mind that, well, not everyone feels that way. You don't quite know what it's like to be under the thumb of a dominant religion until you are not a member of that religion, for instance. It drives me nuckin' FUTS that my kids have to pledge "under God" to a God that I don't believe in, in PUBLIC SCHOOLS!! I would spill blood over being forced to comply or subvert to the dominant religion of our time- Christianity- in the same way that I presume most good Christians- of whom I count many good friends BTW- would spill blood in defense of their beliefs. These things cut both ways.

Likewise, growing up a racial minority (by a long shot) in a town full of people who had genetic roots going back thousands of years in that area, and whom WE TOOK THE LAND FROM IN ACTS OF WAR, will tend to give one perspective on such things that might be lacking if you didn't grow up there. I do have some real empathy for the Hispanic people in particular. They are not "immigrating" into Arizona and New Mexico and Texas and SoCal... they were there first, historically speaking, and we took it.

Anyway... just remember that thinking people can have differing opinions on this stuff, and that the only free society is one free of compulsory religion, and free of compulsory racial... what's the right way to say it... compliance?

Peace. not looking for a fight. This thread has some good thinkers on it, just tossing my opinion into the ring.

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BCBrian
Many of you guys really do strike me as "glass-half-empty" kind of guys.

I'm a "wow-glass-is-half-full" kind of guy.

Canada has NEVER in recorded history been as well off. Most of the Canadians listed as "poor" today - are living lives that most people in the thirties could only dream about.

We have a standard of living today that is the envy of the world.

If course we have problems and things we can work towards making better. BUT - when you compare the lives we live in Canada today - versus the lives other people have lived, in other eras, and in other countries - we lives lives of incredible splendor.

It's not fair to compare the Canada of today with some mythical non-existent utopia - that never was.

Compared to REAL countries - in other real periods of history - Canada is a better place to live in now - than any other country, any place, at any time in history. The "good 'ole days" when viewed objectively - never were.

Some of you guys remind me of the "how-bad-the-world-is-today" guys who used to knock on my door, Bible in hand, until I put up a coded gate. Their historical ignorance of world history in part eras was astounding - to say the least.

Lighten up - and celebrate our greatness.

We have SO MUCH to be grateful for!

The very best post I've read for too long of a time.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by ruraldoc
Yep,

Lots of good things like 'gay rights' and white people becoming an irelevant minority,along with their Judeo-Christian traditions being marginalized as atheists force their world view down everybody's throat via public schools.

Opps,sorry,there for a moment I thought we were talking about the US. Carry on.

Britt
u forgot the abortionists(womens right to choose ) , another huge plus , also the high divorce rates and children being raised in daycares , yup great advances we have made.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by redmtn
Yep,

Lots of good things like 'gay rights' and white people becoming an irelevant minority,along with their Judeo-Christian traditions being marginalized as atheists force their world view down everybody's throat via public schools.

Opps,sorry,there for a moment I thought we were talking about the US. Carry on.

Britt
u forgot the abortionists(womens right to choose ) , another huge plus , also the high divorce rates and children being raised in daycares , yup great advances we have made.

I know, I know. Imagine that, women thinking they have a right to determine what happens with their body, preposterous I say. Bring back the dirty alleys and rusty coat hangers of the good old days. Not only that but the foolish girls think they have the right to leave an abusive or poisonous relationship, the utter gall. Bring back the rule of thumb that will smarten them up in a hurry. Day care, not required, send 80% of the workforce back into their homes where they belong. Day care is just another commie plot. Don�t get me started on those uppity gays; imagine the audacity, thinking they are human beings with the same rights as others. Make homosexuality illegal, put them in jail, that�s the ticket.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
sorry got to disagree with u when your ending a innocent life , good thing your mother didnt have the same views.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I see your point,

What North America really needs is more abortions,radical homosexuals,divorces,and single parent homes. If they are not bad they must be good and governments should adopt policies to subsidise and encourage such productive behaviors.

Oh wait,that's what we're already doing and it's working so well don't you agree. And let's be sure we have immigration policies to encourage as many people as posible who abhor western values. Maybe a lot of radical Muslims,that'll help even more.

Man we will produce a utopian state if we just get rid of them nasty consevative christians and jews,let's call them neocons and marginalize their values as right wing radical.

Maybe we can get the UN to investgate them and label them as racist,homophobic fundamentalists. That's the ticket,plan your work and work your plan. Things will just keep gettin better.

They are better already, Right?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So when a woman is rapped and becomes pregnant you think she should be forced to have the baby? Or if a young girl is molested by her father and becomes pregnant she should be forced to have the baby? When a woman is pregnated by any other means other than voluntary she shold be forced to have the baby? I'm geunuinely curious as I don't really know where I stand on this issue when thinking about the above examples.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
yup thats a tough call , im talking about women who use abortion for other reasons.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I believe most thinking people come to the conclusion that a few abortions are justified. Billy Graham's father in law was a medical missionary and wrestled with this question and came to the conclusion that there are three circumstances in which it is justified.

Rape
Incest
The life of the mother is in danger

Graham himself adopted this opinion.

Conversely there are situations where it is just plain wrong.

Gender selection of the baby
As a routine method of birth control

I used to be more pro choice,one day a female patient who reported that she was pegnant wanted me to perform a risky elective procedure. I told her that I could not do it because of the risk to her pregnancy. She got angry with me and with a cold analytical voice said " Go ahead, do it,I'm going to kill this damn thing anyway."

At that moment it all came into focus for me. Freedom to abort any baby for any reason at the whim of the mother alone,is no good thing.

Britt

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yup, life in Canada is pretty damn good, for me and most of the people I know. Sorry yours sucks so bad.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Unfortunately your views and values seems to have replaced mine , i can see why your so happy.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I believe most thinking people come to the conclusion that a few abortions are justified. Billy Graham's father in law was a medical missionary and wrestled with this question and came to the conclusion that there are three circumstances in which it is justified.

Rape
Incest
The life of the mother is in danger

Graham himself adopted this opinion.

Conversely there are situations where it is just plain wrong.

Gender selection of the baby
As a routine method of birth control

I used to be more pro choice,one day a female patient who reported that she was pegnant wanted me to perform a risky elective procedure. I told her that I could not do it because of the risk to her pregnancy. She got angry with me and with a cold analytical voice said " Go ahead, do it,I'm going to kill this damn thing anyway."

At that moment it all came into focus for me. Freedom to abort any baby for any reason at the whim of the mother alone,is no good thing.
Britt
That was my train of thought as well, having an abortion just because your not happy with the sex of the child or some other lame excuse shouldn't give you the right to kill it.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is good to know I have your sympathy,helps me to bare the burden of good health,adequate wealth,and wonderful friends and family.

We all have to play the hand we're dealt. May God bless Canada and the USA.

Britt

Last edited by ruraldoc; 05/20/08.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by redmtn
Unfortunately your views and values seems to have replaced mine , i can see why your so happy.

Since there are so many better places in the world to live than Canada, and since you are so unhappy living here, then I suggest you move ASAP so you can start enjoying life.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I am actually quite content living here , my unhappiness is when i run into fellas like yourself but fortunately most of u gather down south in Victoria and Vancouver , seems to be the watering hole for your kind.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Redmtn,

What kind of guitar are you playing in your avatar,a Martin?

Britt

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
haha , hey i saw u over at Huntshoot the other day.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

No really,no pun intended,just wondering what kind of guitar.

I did figure out you're 338 there. I will most likely join in there from time to time.

Britt

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

No really,no pun intended,just wondering what kind of guitar.

I did figure out you're 338 there. I will most likely join in there from time to time.

Britt

Oh man! That is so funny on so many different levels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esl2NNOtHQE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I get it,Billy Redden on the banjo in Deliverance.

I could not make it out on my tiny monitor,and did not intend to insult redmtn.

I'm glad n007 was amused,I'm sure he is fascinated by the sodomy scene in the film since he is such a gay rights advocate.

Last edited by ruraldoc; 05/20/08.
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 160user, 1badf350, 56 invisible), 2,387 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,044
Posts18,500,842
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.