Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
As I said in other posts, join the NRA if you aren't a member. There are 80 million gun owners but only 3 million NRA members. If there were 80 million NRA members, gun laws would be the way to political suicide.<BR> And if you think they aren't after our guns, look at all the legislation they considered after Columbine. They do that every time after some maniac shoots up someplace. Of course, with all the emotion, it's a lot easier to pass it. Of course, murder is against the law. And so is having guns and bombs on school property, but that sure as heck didn't prevent Columbine.

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
So what does a membership to NRA cost? I haven't looked wife just sends a check each Christmas. So how about the NRA doing some real recruting say offering a free years membership with each new gun purchase made by a lawabiding American citizen, it could be done. I know of no gun store that would not go along with such a plan probably even Wal-Mart if they saw a way to make a buck on it. How many guns are sold each year in this country, what cost is incured to make a membership available to gun buyers. If NRA is truly our allies they would try something like this. Numbers speak volumes in Washington DC. So Toons you idea of petition might need to go to both the US congress and President and the NRA.<P>Bullwnkl.

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Membership for a year costs $35. There are already severaly gun companies that offer one year membershop free with the purchase of one of their guns. SOmething to that effect. Maybe they take $35 off the price so that you can join. I'm not totally sure though. SOmebody correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
At present I would not break any laws, however I will if the weapons I own are mandated to be confiscated. I will not give up my God given rights as stated in our Bill of Rights. Nor will I give up my guns, my right to free speech, or the pursuit of happiness.<BR>People lose sight of the fact that our country is a Republic NOT a democracy of majority or (minority if you like) rule.We are free to do anything as long as it does not infringe on others rights!<P>------------------<BR>T LEE

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mike375:<BR><B>In case you never fully read the topic: <P>Would you break the law to win the fight against the antis. <P>Mike <BR> When it comes to the final wire of owning my gun, yes, I would be a (law breaker?) The ones making anti-gunlaws are the ons breaking the laws. Ought six<BR> </B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Beware the one-gun man.
IC B2

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mike375:<BR><B>In case you never fully read the topic: <P>Would you break the law to win the fight against the antis. <P>Mike <BR> When it comes to the final wire of owning my gun, yes, I would be a (law breaker?) The ones making anti-gunlaws are the ons breaking the laws. Ought six<BR> </B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Beware the one-gun man.
T
T
You're damn right I would. Any law you can name.<P>I like most people here am a rather peaceful person and would never think of doing bodily harm to anyone. This would change, God forbid, if anyone tried to deprive me of any of my God given rights. I personally would resort to any method necessary to defend all my rights. Maybe I spend too much time reading and have too much respect for our founding fathers(Thomas Jefferson, Patrick Henry, etc.....), but I would rather be dead than deprived of freedom.<P>TEXASAGGIE

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself." - George Washington
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Until we need to be otherwise, lets all be nice quiet citizens. To break any laws to fight the antis at this point would only work against us. That is because the media has eyes that can see, even as dumb as they can be sometimes.<P>------------------<BR>Give an inch, and they'll take a mile.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

411 members (160user, 1Longbow, 204guy, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 38 invisible), 2,041 guests, and 1,097 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,445
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.