Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by PPosey
USPS told me here OHHHHHH no only between FFL dealers

Same dam thing here in San Antonio. You'd think we could hire some folks who weren't anti-gun in Texas! But no most of them dried up old bitches hate guns and will give you the run around till you just quit and leave. I was persistent one day and they wound up calling a postal inspector. He didn't know the law or their rules either! He finally consented to ship it when I insisted I was right, but believe me it wasn't worth the hassle. I kept looking for police cars since I knew they'd called the local gestapo on me for being a "dickhead"... I know they saw it in that context.

The local UPS Service Center has been great. They don't even bat an eye. Hope like hell they don't get a corn cob up their butt....

Everything is headed this way. With "Omma" running expect it to get worse. George Soros would love to see a civil war in this country and see it go down the tubes. The wrong gun laws could provoke such a battle. I've heard several of his supporters say he wants to do away with concealed carry and wants limits on purchases, etc. From what I've seen he has never voted for any measure that would help the gun owner. Unless you count the fact he didn't want young gang members who shot someone tried as an adult! The fact they probably stole the gun or someone else did is Ok in the democrat's book. It's the fault of the gun owner for allowing that to happen. Going to be a fun 4 years if he wins. mad

GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Thank you sir.
Allan

Last edited by Allan S.; 06/11/08.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by avagadro
FedEx ground?
THE ONLY WAY!!!

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by adkshootr
I just go through a friend who's an FFL anymore. FedEx manager told me overnight was the only way they'd ship, and like Jason mentioned $$$ - was quoted at over $250 last time I tried to ship a long gun.
Not here at my FEDEX location...

Nilwod Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I've had time to reflect on this, and I know I could say it was for repairs, or a lamp, a large tube of glass, or a big aluminum pipe wrench etc..... But it is a shame when a lie is better than the truth (unless you tell your boss your sick on a huntin day). We live in a screwed up place. I do not ever want to think of the next 4 years. Another election of picking the best of the worst.

If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.
- Notebook, 1894 Mark Twain
IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I had some what of the same problem the last time I sent a rifle to McMillan. The UPS shipping centers are starting to push back on it, the "UPS Store" locations flatly refuse and will show you where it's written they don't ship guns. It does mention this on the UPS website.

When transfering ownership I normally go through my gunsmith - they use UPS with no headaches. It costs me a bit extra but not much, and they like my business.

Spot

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Here's the link for the UPS regulations. Print them off can keep them handy if you ship via UPS.

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/re...rms.html?srch_pos=1&srch_phr=firearm

Highlight the relevant parts and keep fighting it if you have time. Every time we give in is a little more of our privileges being stomped on..

+1!!!!

Just think - if individual UPS location aren't pushed to comply with their own policies and procedures, then USPS will be the only way to ship guns economically, and USPS is too closely tied to the federal government for my comfort during a Dem administration w/ a Dem congress (and it looks like even odds that we may get that terrible combination in January). Those of you shipping FedEx Ground have sympathetic staff at your locations because if you read the rules on the FedEx website you will see that all firearms have to be shipped next day service. IMHO FedEx needs to tighten their security and change their policy to allow guns to be shipped by ground.

Something to note regardless of which shipper you use is that if you lie about what you are shipping or otherwise do not follow the shipper's policies then don't count on collecting any insurance in case of some problem (e.g., loss or damage).

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I LOVE UPS, but the UPS Store is a joke! They refuse to ship ANYTHING firearm related (including stocks). I have gone round and round and then realized the person I was talking to could not be reasoned with. The UPS Stores are privately owned (probably by by Karl Marx).
The local UPS direct place is a joy. I walk in, they take it, give me insurance at a reasonable rate, and ship it with great tracking info.
I have had an insurance claim on a firearm and they paid no questions asked.

The lion and tiger might be stronger, but the wolf does not perform in the circus.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Agreed, UPS is my shipper of choice but the "UPS STORE" is NOT owned by UPS and they cannot legally ship firearms. I found out the same way but the local distribution center is like yours.....in and out, no fuss. My only complaint is they are only open 2 hours a day to the public.

"I realize that it is natural for the people who disagree with me to think I am wrong, and I am not so arrogant as to deny that possibility."
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have only sold a few long guns and to date have not had any issues with UPS. I am curious though if they have a repeated history of denying insurance claims for damaged firearms might they be subject to a Class Action Lawsuit? If that is a common practice that has impacted a lot of folks here, then that service option seems like fraud, and possibly targeted, and by bringing impacted people together might attract attention and correction. Possibly a lawyer member could comment on this.

I tried USPS here to return a red label to factory for work and the it shook the clerk up so bad he started stuttering. He went for a policies manual and could hardly turn the pages. I guess it was a first time and he honestly did not know what to do.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mwarren
I have only sold a few long guns and to date have not had any issues with UPS. I am curious though if they have a repeated history of denying insurance claims for damaged firearms might they be subject to a Class Action Lawsuit? If that is a common practice that has impacted a lot of folks here, then that service option seems like fraud, and possibly targeted, and by bringing impacted people together might attract attention and correction. Possibly a lawyer member could comment on this.

I tried USPS here to return a red label to factory for work and the it shook the clerk up so bad he started stuttering. He went for a policies manual and could hardly turn the pages. I guess it was a first time and he honestly did not know what to do.

Yes!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Things like that are exactly why I only ship/receive firearms via USPS...

I refuse to use UPS for firearms...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Nilwod
I've had time to reflect on this, and I know I could say it was for repairs, or a lamp, a large tube of glass, or a big aluminum pipe wrench etc..... But it is a shame when a lie is better than the truth (unless you tell your boss your sick on a huntin day). We live in a screwed up place. I do not ever want to think of the next 4 years. Another election of picking the best of the worst.

Do you approach the clerk with a guilty conscience and feel that you must spill your gut and tell the world that you are shipping a firearm? Actually, it's none of anyones damned business as to what's in the box... smirk I allways ship my bumper jacks through the mail grin

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Only answer questions. Last night I shipped two rifles and a stock and it was a newer guy and he said "Fishing Poles?" I said Nope. That's all. Later he guessed rifles and I said "yes". That's all.
NEVER - NEVER offer additional info. PERIOD........

Dave

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (257man, 1beaver_shooter, 222ND, 257Bob, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 65 invisible), 2,577 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,691
Posts18,534,514
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.