Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by justsaymoe
Hook,
Interesting explanation. If you insist on no federal taxes, does OK have enough funds to replace the US funded (subsidized) projects and programs? Highways (fuel tax), airport expansion, air traffic control, Tinker AFB, school lunches, etc.
Moe

Sure they do. With rise in oil and gas prices, I would like to see a little Southwestern Confederacy. Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Lousiana could do quite well without the rest of the country dragging us down. Texas and Oklahoma still have considerable oil deposits left. Arkansas has the Fayetteville shale formation for natural gas and shares the huge newly discovered Haynsville shale formation with Louisiana. Bonuses are going for $10,000.00 an acre on that Haynesville formation right now. All the states are rich in timber and farming. We have the Mississippi and the gulf for access to the outside world. Let's do it!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mickey
Well, I know they are trying to steal the Sonics from Seattle by lies and deceit. One thing we have learned about Oklahomans is that their word isn't worth the wind it takes to blow it away.

Of course that is just my opinion. whistle

Oh Mickey get over it the Stupper Sonics are losers let them have them. In fact insist they take them. I'm sick of subsidizing sports that are owned by a bunch of rich ego oriented people.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by justsaymoe
Hook,
Interesting explanation. If you insist on no federal taxes, does OK have enough funds to replace the US funded (subsidized) projects and programs? Highways (fuel tax), airport expansion, air traffic control, Tinker AFB, school lunches, etc.
Moe

Where do you think our federal government gets the money to do all those things? If we pay our taxes to the state and the state then pays the federal government only to do the things that it is burdened with by the Constitution. We would not need
federal funds. It's our money that they have taken from us through their illegal tax extortion. But they want us to believe that they can spend our money better than we can. The federal government has become nothing more than a self perpetuating power hungry parasite.It can no longer be allowed it to hold the purse strings of this country, if we are to continue to exist as nation of free men.

Pat

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man, hated and scorned.
When the cause succeeds, however, the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot."
_ Mark Twain
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Amen!

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
We Okies can and do saddle our own horses and scotch our own snakes but I don't believe for one nano-second that Okies have a corner on that market... I think that manner of life and thinking still lives although quietly in many areas of our country...Kudos to our legislature to proclaim itself and the populaces opinion in such a manner...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hey, wait a minute. What about Kansas? You got a problem with Sam Brownback or Pat Roberts.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

143 members (300_savage, 2ndwind, 1_deuce, 01Foreman400, 375TN, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 17 invisible), 1,848 guests, and 961 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,326
Posts18,505,869
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.