Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks Jeff. I was hoping you would chime in. This one was built by Dan Carey. However, its now on my Noveske upper. Im using the BCG that Carey had in the upper. Im hoping it shoots well enough that i can sell the 20" stainless Noveske varmint barrel. I actually put the Noveske barrel on the upper that Carey used, with the oldschool round aluminum handguard and Noveske BCG. That barrel really never even got any use from me, as i was always using my Northtech Defense.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
call dtech for a 6mm DTI, pretty much the same thing.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
call dtech for a 6mm DTI, pretty much the same thing.

I don't really need a "dtech"...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I just need to get some time to shoot this WOA and see how accurate she is... wink

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks good bud!

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks man... Do you need a Noveske 20" varmint contour for your 600 yard shooting?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

BSA MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a 6mm WOA. Mine's a 26" in a Match Rifle Upper. I'd have to dig a bit for load data. I think most of my load development was in the 107 Sierra's. I thought I was running 85's for mag length. Accurate and easy to load for. I recall playing with Varget, Re15 and 4895.

I have a 6BR, which is very similar to the 6WOA.

I have both and they're not "very similar". My WOA get's me about 2700 with a 107 Sierra. The BR was good for around 2900 in a 26" AR.

Last edited by ChrisF; 07/24/19.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Thanks man... Do you need a Noveske 20" varmint contour for your 600 yard shooting?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

What's the gas block diameter? .750?

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

What's the gas block diameter? .750?

Bigger. I can measure it tonight.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by ChrisF
I have a 6mm WOA. Mine's a 26" in a Match Rifle Upper. I'd have to dig a bit for load data. I think most of my load development was in the 107 Sierra's. I thought I was running 85's for mag length. Accurate and easy to load for. I recall playing with Varget, Re15 and 4895.

I have both and they're not "very similar". My WOA get's me about 2700 with a 107 Sierra. The BR was good for around 2900 in a 26" AR.

Cool. Both are supposed to be pretty good long range target guns. If you run across your load data, let me know. Thanks.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Hey Chris or rost/Jeff, if you don't mind, I may need a little guidence on this one. I was shooting it yesterday and it seems finicky with this powder (IMR 8208 XBR). I'd much rather be using my AR Comp powder, but will probably keep fiddling around with the 8208. Anyway, there was a big difference in group size in just 1/2 grain difference in powder:

[Linked Image]

It gets closer to the node with 1/2 grain more powder:
[Linked Image]

I'm thinking maybe .2 of a grain increments up in wt. next time out. No signs of overpressure at 28.5 grains. Rifle throws the brass in a nice cluster at the 4:30 position. Any words of advice? Thanks.. Oh by the way, I could use that bullet for deer hunting if I wanted. Its a gameking. When I picked them up, I wasn't paying any attention. Thought I was getting the match bullets, DUH!!!

BSA MAGA
IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fella in our club uses the 6 WOA. He shoots 107gr Sierra otm. Not 85's so his data won't be much use to you..

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Hey Chris or rost/Jeff, if you don't mind, I may need a little guidence on this one. I was shooting it yesterday and it seems finicky with this powder (IMR 8208 XBR). I'd much rather be using my AR Comp powder, but will probably keep fiddling around with the 8208. Anyway, there was a big difference in group size in just 1/2 grain difference in powder:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I'm thinking maybe .2 of a grain increments up in wt. next time out. No signs of overpressure at 28.5 grains. Rifle throws the brass in a nice cluster at the 4:30 position. Any words of advice? Thanks.. Oh by the way, I could use that bullet for deer hunting if I wanted. Its a gameking. When I picked them up, I wasn't paying any attention. Thought I was getting the match bullets, DUH!!!

Are you running any of your loads over a chronograph?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Are you running any of your loads over a chronograph?

Sure

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
not shooting a single round Audette ladder tells me zippo.

Shoot the ladder, take the middle of the highest MV, and see what gives, tweak from there, rest is a waste of components and time. Do it at 300 if at all possible at night or 200 rather than 100 you know what I mean.

I'll date this data, my data is 4283 miles away right now. But I'm fairly sure I started with benchmark, and 80 or 85s. And took a compilation of internet data and John Holliger data and was in a hurry that day, never did a ladder, first 3 shot group was tight enough, follow up 5 shot groups were good. Its been generally within an inch of aiming point or less ever since. AT 100.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (12344mag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 57 invisible), 2,431 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,649
Posts18,493,382
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.