-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 19 1 2 3 4 18 19
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
John, just a note of support from the great white north. Like everyone else I will be interested in where your future articles will be appearing. All the best in the future.

Jim.

GB1

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I'm glad I didn't send in my renewal yet.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I try not to comment on things like this as its life and azzholes abound. But I have to here. I have not been impressed with wolfe the company, but they do have/had some good writers(or is it authors...). John you are one of the best there has been, I'll follow your writing where it takes you. As to wolfe, nope, no more.

And mudhen...you can cancel and get the money back.... just FYI.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Don`t quite know what to say.Best wishes.Huntz
PS please keep us up to date who you will write for.I cant begin to tell you how much I enjoy your writing!!!!! grin

Last edited by Huntz; 07/30/08.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I worked in the aerospace industry in the 1960s, the old Glenn L Martin company (which the bean-counters and lawyers had shoved ol' Glenn out of) was notorious for the free and frivolous way that it shed droves of able men. Every company that I did any work for had quite a few Martin alumni � able men who'd been laid-off mere weeks before the Martin big-wigs knew that they'd soon need 'em back again.

Being from Martin was a sign of ability and accomplishment. I've often wondered how many accepted Martin's rehire offers only a few weeks after they'd been laid-off. I've always doubted that very many of their best candidates were still unemployed.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
John, These guys have said it all, I agree with them 100%,, You are one of the few remaining writers who has Done it,, you talk the talk and walk the walk when it comes to shooting, reloading and hunting,, we have all learned from your work, Thank You and I will continue to enjoy your future articles wherever they come from.
Randy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
WOW! They lost a good man. If not too early where are you going to settle? And where can I find Eileen's by line? Bear

Bear

Life is what happens to you as you are making other plans.

NRA Patron Member
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
John, the main reason I've continued to subscribe to Rifle is your articles. They are reasoned, well written and clearly based on solid experience - no bull has been your trademark. As many have said, it's Wolfe's loss. However, my view is that the editorial direction of both Rifle and Handloader has been clearly declining and without your presence on the staff it's only a matter of time before the inevitable happens. Good luck, talent is your personal attribute and assures your continued success. Godspeed.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Since you're at the top of your profession, you won't have any trouble finding somebody who will want to add your name and reputation to their masthead. I think that Wolfe [bleep] up when they didn't do everything possible to keep their best writer.

Jeff

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
What the hell? A true loss for Wolfe IMO. I really liked what you did with Successful Hunter. Seems you really turned that magazine around.

Best of luck in whatever you do next.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Mule Deer ....

As a fellow Eng. Lit. major, I've always enjoyed the craft of your excellent articles, and hope to continue reading your work for years to come. Perhaps it's time to start your own E-zine.

Happy Trails, from Interior Alaska.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
MD

Good luck wherever you land. Someone who excels in their field will always have a job so please keep us informed of your next publisher.

I guess that helps with my decision on renewing for the hardcopies! Not!! I'll stick with the cheaper online versions...

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I've only started reading JB's articles relatively recently due to my perusing this site, and absolutely enjoy the information and the way he presents it. Analysis is top notch and topics are relevant. Change is often a good thing and I can relate, as I recently decided to chart another course myself. Let us know more about your future endeavors when you're ready to MD. Good fortune.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
John

Everything works out for the best, It was an old outfitter-packer from Montana that taught me that. And so far he's been right. He was sort of my Norman Strung.

Onwards and upwards.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
MD,

As a subscriber I am sorry to hear that frown. However, magazines have no feelings and as someone who liked reading your work I wish you and yours the best, my subscription be damned. grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
John - best of luck with your future endeavors. Wolfe certainly seems to do an excellent job of running off writers that I enjoy reading. As mentioned above, I feel that the magazines have been in decline for quite some time. You were the glue holding them together. Best, John

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Well put Dakotakid
all the best to you MD

vires,fortitudo,vigilantia
mjc Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Wolfe publications is definitely diminished by your departure. I subscribe to the three magazines. This really irritates me.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
When this many people have already wished you well, it's hard to come up with something halfway original. Best of luck in whatever you do. Hopefully your talents will avail themselves to us as they have in the past, and this is just a step up for you! And if you get hungry, come on out here.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
JB. I'll never understand why businesses drive off their most talented. I'm sure there are stories of why to be told by Wolfe and yourself. I hope to be reading you in the future in other publications. Give yourself a sabatical (sic?) if you can.
idahoguy101

Page 2 of 19 1 2 3 4 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

147 members (12344mag, akrange, 2500HD, 7887mm08, 300_savage, 44mc, 8 invisible), 1,868 guests, and 935 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,085
Posts18,501,687
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.