Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
prayer on the way.
i just plain like the guy. can't help it. don't have a clue as to his politics, but if he hunts, he can't be much of a liberal ...

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just saw on the news that he is expected to make a full recovery, broken bones they said.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
stole this from a celebrity site, which declares him "conservative."

Freeman Says Black History Month 'Ridiculous'
Freeman says he finds Black History Month �ridiculous.� �You're going to relegate my history to a month?� asks Freeman. �I don't want a Black History Month. Black history is American history,� he says, noting that there are no white or Jewish history months.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/12/14/60minutes/main1127684_page3.shtml

Freeman on Racism in America
In an interview with Mike Wallace, Morgan Freeman was asked about how to get rid of racism. �Stop talking about it. I'm going to stop calling you a white man,� Freeman says to Wallace. �And I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man. I know you as Mike Wallace. You know me as Morgan Freeman. You wouldn't say, �Well, I know this white guy named Mike Wallace.� You know what I'm sayin�?�

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
but i can't call him conservative. from another site:

But the conversation eventually shifted into politics and Hollywood after Freeman said he was endorsing Barack Obama for president but wouldn�t go on the campaign trail, as talk show host Oprah Winfrey has done recently.

Freeman compared the Illinois senator to former president John F. Kennedy, saying they both were high-minded thinkers. �My prayer is that we can get this young man in,� he said. �Given the chance, he can do good things.�

The moderator asked about a rumor that he was considering running for Sen. Trent Lott�s empty seat in Mississippi.

�Hmmmmmmmmm,� Freeman joked, pretending to think hard at the podium. Then he said, slightly more seriously, �I have never had any political ambitions. For one thing, politicians don�t make enough money.�

The rest of the afternoon, the 70-year-old freely quipped one-liners in response to journalists� questions.

His thoughts on what aspiring young actors should do to break into the business? �Act,� Freeman said.

What does Freeman do to make himself a better actor? �I steal blatantly from other actors,� Freeman said.

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Voting for McCain wouldn't make him a conservative either, so the comment is quite irrelevant.

He's a great actor, regardless of his actual or perceived politics. When I heard he was injured I honestly didn't know the first thing about his politics, but I immediately said a prayer for him.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
again, i just plain like the guy's plainspokeness - and his acting and his voice.

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Gadfly
I wish Mr. Freeman a speedy recovery. There is one detail from the news report that raises Mr. Freeman's stock with me significantly; the car he was driving. Considering the industry he works in, which is famous for conspicuous consumption, I am exceedingly impressed that Mr. Freeman was driving an 11 year old Maxima. He seems to be a man who realizes that vehicles are transportation, not fashion statements or a display of wealth.

I have heard other reports say that the car may have actually belonged to his lady friend FWIW.

Nail

What about guns?When do we get guns?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Gadfly
I wish Mr. Freeman a speedy recovery. There is one detail from the news report that raises Mr. Freeman's stock with me significantly; the car he was driving. Considering the industry he works in, which is famous for conspicuous consumption, I am exceedingly impressed that Mr. Freeman was driving an 11 year old Maxima. He seems to be a man who realizes that vehicles are transportation, not fashion statements or a display of wealth.

I caught that too. I like it.

Steve, Mandela just turned 90. I'd hate to be in a police lineup with your buddy as the victim... wink

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I really like Morgan Freeman and hope he comes out of this a-ok! He's a hunter and seems to be a damn fine guy, especially for the Hollywood crowd.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Yep, any relative of Morgan Fairchild is a friend of mine.

Last edited by Bulletbutt; 08/04/08.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I heard this on the noon news today. frown I prayed for him then and will continue to pray for him.

I have had a crush on Morgan Freeman for quite a while now. blush

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hope he gets better.He's my favorite actor.

If ya'll haven't seen it yet,go check out "The Shawshank Redemption".Probably his best role to date.

WB.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
A good actor and probably a good guy. I wish him well.

Retired cat herder.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
As far as his politics goes, I can understand why he would endorse Obama. I don't hold that against him. I could hold it against me if I voted for Obama, I'm supporting McCain becuase he sucks less!

Last edited by slideaction; 08/04/08.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Thats the kind of stuff that can happen when your Driving Miss Daisy.....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Prayers sent.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Prayers from Maine headed his way........

His political views may be different but his acting is first rate!

Update.................

Morgan Freeman's business partner, Bill Lucketts, unexpectedly spoke to the press outside the hospital where Morgan is being treated after his car crash last night.

Bill says Morgan wanted him to clear up any rumors about his condition, which is considered "serious," because he's still in intensive care and will require surgery.

According to Bill, Morgan fractured his left elbow and has opted to have surgery. The surgery will take place tonight or tomorrow afternoon. He also said the actor has neck and shoulder injuries, but that they are not serious.

The accident occurred as Morgan was on his way home from Bill's house last night, as he's back in his hometown resting between projects. Bill says they believe it was a mechanical issue with the car that caused the crash.

He went on to say that his friend's injuries will take about three to four months to heal, adding that Morgan's in good spirits -- speaking with visitors, taking phone calls and answering emails.

Hunting the "Roar",
Mark Luce

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Someone should make him aware of this thread...he'd probably enjoy it.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I have watched him at his blues club late at night on Miss public television. He introduces the singers and bandsand while they are playing he is on the dance floor with everyone else. Of all the talent that has come out of Miss, he is one of the few that gives back to his community, not just his homeys.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Apparently the vehicle belonged to his lady friend. They showed the accident scene on the local Memphis news last night and I know exactly where it happened. Passed that spot hundreds of times on my way to and from school and pass it now every time I go to hunting camp. It's just a straight, flat stretch of country road that's elevated about 4 to 6 feet above the surrounding farm land. It doesn't have much of a shoulder. They apparently came off the highway, went down the short embankment and tumbled a few times. Don't know what caused him to leave the road and don't care to speculate. Just hope he and his friend fully recover.

Weiners are health food - My dad
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

670 members (160user, 16gage, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 10ring1, 16penny, 65 invisible), 3,016 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,618
Posts18,492,662
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.