Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Does anybody know who makes the body wash that smells like dirt? I can't find it anywhere and don't remember who makes it. I've tried Hunter speciaties and wildlife research.

Thank you,
Tom

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
how about this one
http://www.shopatron.com/product/part_number=SJ1107/182.0
though I kind fo like plane Scent-away stuff.
Great on skin and hair and I don't smell even if I sweat.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by spencer516
Does anybody know who makes the body wash that smells like dirt? I can't find it anywhere and don't remember who makes it. I've tried Hunter speciaties and wildlife research.

Thank you,
Tom

I gave up on all the crap years ago and started hunting up wind. It's free wink

Terry

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
thanks, kenjs1, That's not it but I may give that a try.

As far as hunting the wind, I've been within two feet of deer and never had a problem with my method. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Thanks,
Tom

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
It's all what you have confidence in I guess. Kinda like fishing lures. The one you use works becuase that is what you are throwing.

Myself, the only commerical stuff I will buy is the regular green soap by Scent Killer (the liquid body soap), and any of the scent free anti-persprents. I also use a good scent free /UV brightner free laundry detergent, on my hunting clothes. This year I am trying the Dead Down Wind Laundry stuff.
Thats it.

I keep my clothes in a rubber made tub with chunks of cedar sapling, cut into 10-12" lenths, and scuff the bark up.

Then I can do what those fancy Carbon Suites claim! (forget the wind & hunt) but I don't I still mind the wind. lol smile

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything." Genesis 9:3
IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
To me the "Knight and Hale" earth scent smells the most realistic.
But nothing beats hunting the wind.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks, Tom264,
I think that is it. they must have changed the color of wash. It used to be a bright green. I had forgotten about knight and hale. I'll see if I can find some.

Thank you,
Tom

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
No prob, Yeah it used to be bright green...the wash that is, but the spray scent was clear. I think Bass pro carries it....good luck.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I remember reading about some guy who went the extra mile and gargled with Tink's 69 so that his breath didn't give him away.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
some guy who went the extra mile and gargled with Tink's 69 so that his breath didn't give him away.

The vomiting could have!

Last edited by isaac; 08/20/08.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Didn't see gargling but watched a "pro" bow hunter on tv advising a newbie with the most over the top precautions that ended with spraying Tinks in his mouth - before climbing his tree stand. He was serious too! I don't use the scent wafers thinking that earth smells different wherever you are. I sometimes take my clothes, normally washed with baking soda or a drop of the scent free body wash, and just pull local weeds and leaves and grass and roll it around a bit and put in a bag outside overnight. Lots of very close encounters- some within arms lenth and others where I had to warn off the deer for fear of what might happen spooking something so close . I do not want to be "that guy" on the internet video if you know what I mean.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

57 members (14idaho, 3dtestify, 6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 11 invisible), 1,861 guests, and 770 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,726
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.