Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
burner Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
I auctioned a DeWalt reciprocating saw, new in the box, on Ebay a week or two ago.

I received payment, sent the item via UPS, entered a tracking # into Ebay, and everything was fine. Item was delivered.

Now today I find the buyer has "reversed" the transaction through Paypal and I am short $70 and a reciprocating saw!

Have contacted Paypal and Ebay but don't have high hopes that they'll do anything to help me since I'm the seller, and they sh*t on sellers generally.

I don't use Ebay often but I really needed to make some $$$ because my wife and I are going to have our first child and I need to pay some bills.

Argh.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I cancelled my paypal account some time ago for similar reasons. I also no longer use fleabay for anything personal. I still sell stuff there for my St. Vincent dePaul society but the first time they screw us we are gone as well.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Sounds to me like a buyer set up,they were going to do this all along.

B
burner Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Is there any way to get Paypal behind me on this? Or am I just screwed?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We had a bad experience with fleabay a couple years ago and never went back. Some scumbag took advantage of my son and it was a clearcut case of fraudulent scamming, and they didn't do a thing about it. I'll never do business there again.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B2

B
burner Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Only bad experience I had previous to this was years ago, a guy bought a "Cars" music video from me, for $3.25. He sent a check and I shipped it after waiting but the check came back "account cancelled" and I was dicked out of $3.25 and a copy of "The Cars: Video Greatest Hits."

This is substantially bigger to my broke a**. $70 would pay some bills.

Derek

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
This is why I don't do Ebay anymore.

B
burner Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Anybody have this happen and get your money back? I could use some advice on what you did to make it happen.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I would suggest you call PayPal & request a manager. Plan on holding for a long, long, time. I tried to cancel my PayPal & Ebay accounts & still receive emails. I will never deal with either again. Good luck with your efforts.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I won't have anything to do with PayPal. I have bought a few things on Ebay and made sure the seller would take a postal money order (so I didn't have to wait to get my merchandise until my check cleared). I have never had a problem... but then, I've been the buyer, and I have NOT used PayPal.

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't think the money is lost, just tied up. Sounds like the buyer is returning the saw. Go to Paypal, and find out the details of the transaction. Paypal will "release" the money back to the buyer when he shows that you received the saw back, via delivery confirmation. I just went through the same chit, and am going to drop Paypal like a hot fire poker. Make sure that you have the $70.00 in the bank account that you use for Paypal.

Best of luck with your bill situation and new baby. Babies are a blessed gift, cherish every minute and don't let this incident allow you to lose focus on that.

Last edited by Sakoluvr; 09/30/08.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

B
burner Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Luckily, I still had the money in the account, so it's not like I was out anything...

I called Paypal and they said I'm ineligible for seller support, for some reason. Supposedly there was a problem with this person's account.

They have not contacted me to let me know they are returning anything, and as far as I know it's gone, baby, gone. frown

Regards,

Derek

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Paypal has made it easier to get ahold of them ..they give you a pin number that expires in 1 hour . You will get someone in a few minutes. Just open up a case against the buyer ...same thing happened to me a few months ago.... some douchebag in Washington state bouught a paintball gun (my sons) and then a month later tried to return it because it didn't work. PayPal nailed my account for the full amount but I refused to refund it. They sent me the paintball gun for inspection...I took it to the dealer that services it and he discovered that someone had poured a squeeze bottle full of loctite red in the internal workings. I sent the detailed receipt of what he did to Paypal via email along with the gun and they removed the charge to my account. I don't know the disposition of the gun however. They are totally useless as an organization and It took a month of my time but I was not about to let that [bleep] in Washington beat me on that deal.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have used Ebay and Paypal for years. I have used Paypal on this forum as well.

What I always do is immediately transfer funds out of my Paypal account and into my bank account.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by tbear
I would suggest you call PayPal & request a manager. Plan on holding for a long, long, time. I tried to cancel my PayPal & Ebay accounts & still receive emails. I will never deal with either again. Good luck with your efforts.

Diddo, I had the same experience. In fact, while I eventually did get the paypal cancelled, I believe they never did cancel the ebay account. I followed all the steps, jumped through all the hoops.

B
burner Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
I called them and gave them tracking info and they said within 24 hours the funds will be restored. It took 3 different people to get there but I am interested to see if they follow through with their word.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I sold a Zeiss scope on ebay for 450 bucks, got the money and shipped the scope. buyer said they never recieved it and put a hold on the money, even after I transfered it to my bank, they pulled it back out.
it happened over the 4th of july so it was a few days til I could get into the post office to verify.
they said the scope had gotten there 2 days after I shipped it, no one was home to sign for it so a note was left and it had been waiting at their post office ever since.
I notified the buyer and told them they had 24 hours to settle it, or I was going to paypal. they removed the hold within the hour.
still didn't sit well with me at all, too easy for people to scam. I don't use them anymore for anything.
Penny is right, postal money order is the way to go.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
B
burner Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Only reason I normally use Paypal is to receive international transfers from a friend in Finland. It's easy, I trust him, and we never have any issues.

I made the mistake of using it for Ebay this time. Hopefully they fix me up and I will have learned my lesson with the money back in my pocket.

B
burner Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Have called twice and twice been promised that the money will be credited, first "within 24 hours," the second time "within a few minutes." That was an hour and a half ago.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ebay has done everything possible to remove every bit of liability from themselves. When you are looking for your bargain there, you simply have to include the cost of insurance and delivery confirmation.
Same for sellers, add the extra charges(listing, selling paypal, del.confirmation & insurance) to the total real cost of doing business there. It can add up.
Otherwise, stick to small dollar purchases or face to face transactions.

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

56 members (6mmbrfan, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 9 invisible), 894 guests, and 846 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,119
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.