Congrats on retirement Jorge!

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

GB1

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by Ethan Edwards
That ain't no Screamin Eagle, that's a Gobbling Turkey.....

psssstttt...we called 'em Pukin' Buzzards...

laugh

Many thanks to ET and Jorge for their service. Macho and crotcho...guts and balls. A fine gesture from an outstanding gentleman to a deserving hero. I raise a glass of Jameson to y'all as we speak. It's 5 o'clock somewheres...

Ethan...you've become a friend!

Each year, I bookmark threads that make me realize why I come here. I've just done it again!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
agreed isaac,

just when I get discouraged about how many idiot citizens occupy this great land

I get a reminder such as this, those idiots are able to occupy because better men than them have paid the price for them to do so.

you may "just" be giving away a rifle Jim Martin, but your respect and gratitude to a fellow member of your armed services has gained for you an even deeper appreciation and respect for the man you are.

there are still men who exhibit their worth to ride the river.

kudos to the both of you

Last edited by 1akhunter; 10/28/08.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
just when I get discouraged about how many idiot citizens occupy this great land

No kidding , huh Randy?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thank you Jorge, but the heroes have their names on a Black Wall in D.C. I'd be fertilizer if guys like you hadn't have come in and nailed down our flanks numerous times. When ya live in the world of "Danger VERY close",one gets to appreciate the fact that except for guys like you and the chopper gunships and Medevacs, there ain't ANYONE else coming to help. Sometimes you realize that hardly anyone else even cares. ESPECIALLY in Vietnam. You gave us 30 years of service and flew combat and close air support in 2 wars. How many of my Brothers are alive today because of guys like YOU?? Hell, we never knew the names of the blowtorch jockeys and rotorheads that saved our sorry asses and they never knew ours but NOBODY EVER gave it less than their best. Yup. I can give you this rifle and thank you.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dammit Jim, that was great.....seriously!

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by Violator22
Dammit Jim, that was great.....seriously!

Yes...it certainly was!!

William Arthur Ward

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
The thing that impresses me most is that little blue badge inside the case (and what it represents).

Can somebody explain to an ignorant Swede what the blue badge signifies?

John

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Combat Infantry Badge. Awarded to Infantrymen (Grunts) who have experienced extensive and mostly intense combat action. The WWll standard. Up close and personal. USUALLY accompanied by a Purple Heart.

Last edited by EvilTwin; 10/28/08.

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The rifle is a fine gift but IMO it pales in comparison to that combat infantryman's badge. [Linked Image]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_Infantryman_Badge

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That is the Combat Infantry Badge. It is awarded only to officers and men with an MOS of infantry or to people in special forces, who were actively engaged in combat on the ground. Soldiers above the rank of Colonel don't get it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The CIB is in the upper lefthand corner, next is the dopeon a rope badge(Air Assault), Expert Wheels Badge, Expert Riflemans Badge
[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ethan...you've become a friend!

Already considered you one brother. smile

I know it's cheesy, but y'all should watch a certain episode of Magnum PI some time. It's about a fighter jock who is interested in buried treasure. It shows him saving Magnum and a bunch of Marines in Vietnam, back in the day. One thing about Tom Selleck, he always respects our men and women in uniform.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry. Guess I jumped to the conclusion that he was just wondering about the CIB.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Naw, I think you were right there Ethan, by the way Jim, are those Jump wings I see in there? Never wanted them, can't understand wanting to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. grin

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
He was Ethan. The CIB is one pretty badge as it is. The honor of it is such that on Class "A"s the CIB goes on the top over EVERYTHING else and that would also include being on top for a MOH holder.

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks again Jim, but my "CAS" was limited to lazering the bad guys while the pointy nose guys dropped the good stuff. I do have a video I need to send you though of my last CAS mission. I think you'll like it smile jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I didn't know the CIB was not issued about the rank of Col. Learn something new every day. Tom Selleck is a great guy and a proponent of our armed forces. That is why I still like watching Magnum PI when it comes on. You can really tell the amount of respect the show offered all fighting men and the camaraderie that comes with it. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
....which means you had to get CLOSE!! Close enough to make positive the bad guys were in the gunsights. The enemy had first crack at you. NOT an enviable position. nobody could hit a bull in the ass with a mop until somebody hung a bullseye on the badguys. Balls??? Fully qualified and then some. So how many of my Brothers made it home because of you? A lot. Now when we go moose hunting, you get first crack with yer new Buffalo Gun. I back you up with my old Buffalo Gun. We eat moose.

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Reach arounder Military Buddies!!

William Arthur Ward

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (160user, 19rabbit52, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 50 invisible), 16,750 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,901
Posts18,538,748
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.