-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wish I would go to the mens room and someone would come in and drop a gun and it slide around.

I'd pick it up and yell at the top of my lungs. FINDERS KEPERS!

Otto is my co-pilot.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
They'll never let Barney Fife rest in peace, will they? smile

[Linked Image]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLsg0EvZozI

And if memory serves me right after that episode Andy took away all of Barnie's bullets and they wouldn't let Barney carry a loaded gun anymore.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It wasn't Conceal Carry or a hand gun for someone I know who will remain nameless, it was an International Arms spring loaded semi auto 12 Gage that went off in a guard shack blowing a hole in the door. It seems that every now and then the firing pin would stick in the forward position and when you released the bolt said shotgun would unexpectedly lite off a round.

Luckily no one was standing outside the door or infront of the shotgun as it sure scared the living you know what out of the occupants of the guard shack.

I personally know the owner of said shotgun and can attest to the fact he no longer owns said shot as he disposed of it soon after that incident. It stil gives the shakes just thinking about and the incident happened forty years ago.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by W7ACT
And if memory serves me right after that episode Andy took away all of Barnie's bullets and they wouldn't let Barney carry a loaded gun anymore.
He was allowed to carry only one bullet after that, and it had to be kept in his shirt pocket.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
My story is not quite as entertaining as some already related. But it was interesting at the time, about fifteen years ago.

My buddy and I had trailered my tractor and a couple of implements over to Caldwell Id. to corrugate the pasture and clean the ditches on his Dad's acreage.

We took a well deserved break about mid afternoon and ran down to the local 7-11 for a couple of big gulps and some snacks. I noticed a few strange sideways looks from the other customers in the store, and saw that all the other customers left the premises rather quickly.

I did not understand why the other customers appeared nervous, until my pard stepped in front of me at the cash register. He always carried a full size Glock 9mm tucked into his jeans, sans holster, at the small of his back. That is when I noticed his T-shirt had ridden up against the seat of the pickup, and wedged itself between the Glock and his back.

I simply grabbed his T-shirt and dropped it back into place over the pistol. So the story ends rather anticlimactically.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Many years ago.... thirty plus as a matter of fact I was a cop in central NJ. After afternoon shift many of the local cops went to one certain bar/dance hall/supper club to socialize and have a few drinks.

One Friday evening three of the local badasses come in and long story short they get in a fight with a couple of off duty Officers. Only a few punches were thrown it was primarily guys holding other guys back. In the scuffle SEVERAL handguns hit the deck. The local guys were called and picked up the three guys and were takiing the report.

One of the Barmaids comes waltzing out to the group with SEVERAL snubbies and a pair of PPK Walthers on a beer tray with a towel over it. She removes the towel and immediately EVERYONE reaches to see WHERE their off duty IS.

I had a 2" M-60 in a safariland clamshell type of shoulder holster. Reach for my gun...GONE!! I very happily find it on the tray. I NEVER EVER again in thirty two years of LE lost another gun out of a holster. Or carried an OD in a less than secure holster.

FN in MT

I'm tryin' to think .... but nothin's happenin!!
Curly Howard
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

127 members (338reddog, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 308xray, 24 invisible), 1,632 guests, and 938 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,286
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.