Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Yes, answers are here in this three part video series:

LOTS of LEAD Fragments from Accubonds!!! Proven Lead poisoning in Condors too...500-700 fragments found in some lead bullets!

Accubond vs copper bullets:PART 1

PART 2- Study by hunters!!

PART 3 By a MEDICAL DOCTOR...

They were making a case that Accubonds
...to be a hazard to both wildlife and humans...a toxic substance...harmful impact...lead bullet fragmentation presents a human health risk also

Let's ban lead bullets and buy copper for the future of our children and the world!

Watch ALL three videos and then tell me: Some may be saying that Nosler may go bankrupt! Some may have been saying that they are like the tobacco industry with cigarrettes and nicotine?

GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
See this video too:

Skip ahead to 7min. 50 sec and watch...it's sick what lead bullets do to wildlife...

Non-Lead Bullets AZ G&F -Barnes at 7minutes 50+ seconds on this video FREE copper bullet offer in video!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You know, I really shouldnt reply to any post of yours, considering how biased you are. But you know this whole lead fragment thing bothers me. This video on bullet fragmentation from the Minnesota DNR backs up alot of posts ive seen on lead fragmentation. The fact is ive been eating venison all my life. Ive spit shot out at the dinner table on Thanksgiving. And ive lived in a house as a child where lead paint flaked off the banister on a regular basis. According to studies ive read, I should have kicked the bucket from lead poisoning a LONG time ago. Yet I still manage to be in great health.....besides the awfull tick ive developed from reading your posts.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Your reaction is exactly NORMAL. It's what I expected as you go through the DENIAL phase. Watch all the videos, sleep on it, watch them again and you'll agree that the risks for humans AND wildlife is too high. It's so simple to change bullets.

You can't argue after watching all three to 4 short videos.

They have visibly shown proof of significant lead fragmentation in some "name Brand" lead bullets. Not sure about you, but I'm not going to eat that crap. Especially since I hunt so often.

If no-one thinks that non-lead is the future, think agian!

Monster Whitetails are Awesome!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by brooksrange
Your reaction is exactly NORMAL. It's what I expected as you go through the DENIAL phase.

I didnt deny anything brooksrange. You see, I look at the big picture. Hunters have been using lead bullets for how long? Dont answer that, youll be searching for more videos and pictures to post. How many hunters died of lead pisoning that you know?

I believe so too. But not for the reasons you do. Everyones got an agenda these days. "Doing the right thing" is very popular these days. Lets save the world. And make a ton of money while we're at it.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, what a buncha CRAP! Lead bullets and your health. Maybe you should ask my Dad, he is 85 health as a can be. The largest part of his meat diet has been lead bullet killed game for decades now. Has ate lead killed game all his life.

Like I said first, " what a load of CRAP!"
Pure grennie/wennie propaganda in the first degree!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
pahick, it's not the hunters dying from lead, it's the subtle, potential numerous long-term negative health consequences that the toxic lead particles may have on our bodies or in our children.

And it's only been in the last couple generations that we've been using high-velocity bullets and been shooting more deer (deer/elk etc populations have exploded). In days past, slow-moving projectiles used on Buffalo and such or shot with muzzleloaders have been proven to impart less lead particles in our meat.

Besides, where was Hunters for the Hungry 25 years ago?! We're donating TONS of meat to food shelters in the past dozen years or so..TONS of potentially LEAD infected hamburger, according to the study.

Originally Posted by pahick

I believe so too..."Doing the right thing" is very popular these days. Lets save the world. And make a ton of money while we're at it.
That's something that I can agree with grin smile

While it may appear as though I have an agenda, I haven't liked the Accubond performance personally nor do I like that they shed toxic lead particles throughout my meat. So I chooseto use other alternatives.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 700LH
Like I said first, " what a load of CRAP!"]
Now that we've established that, sounds like you'd be willing to eat a load of LEAD? Please don't go ahead and consume a few viles of the lead particles that they've found in the meat...then report back to us in 15 years...

Aside from being selfish, how about the other animals like our Condors and Eagles that eat the gut piles...the studies have found the same lead particle sizes from bullets in there dying birds of prey...at least have some decency with other life than your own...I know that you can find some compassion for them, right?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I carried a lead pellet in my mouth hundreds if not thousands of hours as a child in the early 60's.
I am still here writing this.
Not counting all my other exposer to lead, including probably hundreds of times I washed parts in leaded gas with bare hands at a teen and Young man.

Is that long enough?

The truth is "lets hurt the shooting sports enthusiast/industry anyway we can, lets do it NOW"!

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I like lead, it stops X-Rays...

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

And it's only been in the last couple generations that we've been using high-velocity bullets and been shooting more deer (deer/elk etc populations have exploded). In days past, slow-moving projectiles used on Buffalo and such or shot with muzzleloaders have been proven to impart less lead particles in our meat.

You seem the type to believe everything you read. And thats your right. Like I said, I look at the big picture. We may be shooting higher velocity bullets which MAY fragment more because of that fact. But forget that for a second. Now realize that for how many generations have we been using lead shot to kill turkey, duck, geese, dove, grouse, ......you get the picture? No fragments from the shot, sure. But how many people have eaten shot while consuming their game? I know I have. My grandfather used to joke about swallowing shot as a child. You can only get meat so clean sometimes. Its bound to happen. Look at mechanics in the tire industry. They work with lead weights everyday of their life. Auto body mechanics used to use lead as filler in the old days. Fishermen have made their own lead sinkers for decades. My point is, studies are blown out of proportion sometimes. This is such a case. A little common sense goes a long way. Too bad its used very little these days.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 700LH
I carried a lead pellet in my mouth hundreds if not thousands of hours as a child in the early 60's.
I am still here writing this.Not counting all my other exposer to lead, including probable hundreds of times I washed parts in leaded gas at a teen and Young man.

Is that long enough?

Both of my grandfathers smoked like chimneys for 30+years. One died of throat cancer and the other is still alive in his 90s. Your point proves nothing. You're a SAMPLE OF ONE.

Not to mention the health risk to the birds of prey, and other carnivores...

We can protect our shooting sports by using environmentally friendly alternatives or substitutes for all (humans and animals). This way, we are not knowingly causing harm to our sport each time we pull the trigger.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Every little bit that we do for the environment counts. I drive a fuel efficient vehicle. I minimize my carbon footprint. I choose better alternatives when (and they are) available.

Industry (automotive, charcoal etc., open pit mining, etc.) are destroying the environment, but I have little control on that aside from my vote and my pocketbook. I can choose to buy lead-free bullets. In fact I do, and they even work better than the lead ones...so I'm happy smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have some ocean front property I'd like to sell you in Arizona, and I am wasting my time.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Every little bit that we do for the environment counts. I drive a fuel efficient vehicle. I minimize my carbon footprint. I choose better alternatives when (and they are) available.

Industry (automotive, charcoal etc., open pit mining, etc.) are destroying the environment, but I have little control on that aside from my vote and my pocketbook. I can choose to buy lead-free bullets. In fact I do, and they even work better than the lead ones...so I'm happy smile

Al Gore thanks you grin

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

But, Al Bore (I mean Gore) has been proven wrong. I like lead, it stops X-Rays....

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jwp475

But, Al Bore (I mean Gore) has been proven wrong.

you mean he DIDNT invent the internet?!?!?! next youll tell me theres no santa! cry

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by pahick
Originally Posted by jwp475

But, Al Bore (I mean Gore) has been proven wrong.

you mean he DIDNT invent the internet?!?!?! next youll tell me theres no santa! cry

Sorry....

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I love TSX bullets and maybe Etips, but that remains to be seen.

But to switch due to some idiotic surveys.... hell no, I'm more inclined to go back to cup and core. F'ing idiots. And yes I saw all the videos. I still shoot lead shot on birds as legal, and so has my family. Nothing wrong yet.

This is about as annoying as bootsfishing shoving things down your throat.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rost495
annoying

we're being infested by greenies!!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (12344mag, 1minute, 06hunter59, 21, 204guy, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,573 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,600
Posts18,511,464
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.