Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Loyalty to his/her fellow veteran, especially those of Vietnam.

Do you mean like candidate Kerry? I think that the people in the National Guard served a purpose, just like the people in the military that served in other places than Vietnam. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd be a little stronger than that, Miles. I'd say his post is a strong contender for stupidest thing ever posted on the Campfire. Reflecting absolute and total ignorance of how the Air Guard ran at that time, and what its function was. Bush-hater, not worth trying to reason with.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Larry is a troll. He's got 8 pages of comments dedicated to his ignorance on the board above this one. Now he's trying to screw this one up.

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
All Americans,

Rest assure, there's not another combat veteran anywhere in this country that would not disagree with that statement, anyone that does and claims to be one is a phony.

Lawrence R Martin
18316 Woodside Dr,
Hagerstown, Md 21740

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
First it was a "true veteran", then a "combat veteran", eventually it will be "veteran Kerry" that agrees with him. miles

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I have no close friends who were in actual combat in Kennedy and Johnsons war. I was discharged in 62 and if memory serves me correctly we had a lot of Special Forces in Vietnam who had no live rounds and then when they were allowed to have ammo they were no allowed to shoot until they were shot at. I would not want to be in Iraq but it would be nice to have ammo. I happened to have a job in Germany where I did get to meet several of these guys. They were a special breed. From talking to several friend and realitives who fought in Korea and WW2 you get most of the bragging and general BS. From the guys who saw no or very little combat. I had friends who were in Normandy Invasion and in the jungles of Asia and one very good friend who flew combat missions from carriers. If they would talk about it at all they would just talk about the good times. All these guys are gone now and a lot of history went with them. It sure is saying something for junior to be able to fly fighter planes and never showing up for duty. I was in alabama once and I don't think I saw him. Kenny

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
It's often interesting that when one is confronted by facts he tries to point to someone or something else.

It is as if a rapist is caught, and he says that he is not so bad because he did not rob a bank. That does nothing to lessen what he did.

As for Kerry, I have already expressed my opinion.
But when it come down to it, Kerry is a democrat with the reprobate values of that party.
There is nothing that GWB could do that would make me vote for Kerry or any Democrat.

A party that furthers the murder of the unborn, and the homosexual agenda is a party that is truly full of reprobates. I could never support such a party.

Jerry

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
"A party that furthers the murder of the unborn, and the homosexual agenda is a party that is truly full of reprobates. I could never support such a party."

Being a registered Republican beginning in 1974, never crossing party lines in presidential election, I've always supported the conservatives. In the last two elections my primary vote (heart) went to Alan Keyes knowing very well there was never a snow balls chance of him making it. In the last presidential election what upset some conservatives the most is when Rush Limbaugh "druggie" (Jr.Bush?s and seniors) butt bodies) through his support behind Bush before the primaries was over. In return John McCain never had a prayer. I do not support a lot of the things to the Democrats stand for, however this year my vote will be one of protest, and I've personally never publicly protested anything including Vietnam.

My main reason for this protest is one because Junior Bush after becoming president announced pardoning the illegal emigrants ( Hispanics), that have taken thousands upon thousands American jobs. I've worked in the construction industry the best part of my life in one fashion or another and had personally seen the devastation not being able to compete with basically free labor. And make decent living competing with an illegal workforce of over 10 million. So in short, Junior Bush lost my support over two years ago and as one that helped put him in office, will go out of my way to help get him out.

Also, neither of the two issues you've raised above has never played into my decision-making into any elections , nor issues like guns. In a president race, it's always been about who will make the best commander-in-chief, so will be able to have the freedoms you've mentioned.

All,

Any person that receives combat pay or hazardous duty pay has put their lives of a line of this country regardless of MOS, and to apply otherwise is only belittling their efforts. Especially, if these comments or assertions come from a free rider.

Last edited by larrymartin; 04/02/04.
T LEE Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
All,

Any person that receives combat pay or hazardous duty pay has put their lives of a line of this country regardless of MOS, and to apply otherwise is only belittling their efforts. Especially, if these comments or assertions come from a free rider.

[Linked Image]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Skidrow, I just got through reading the topic on assault weapons and I see what you mean. I will not respond to anything else he says. miles

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ditto

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
"Ditto"

Another student of the talkshows.................LOL

It's amazing who some will follow, my favorite is the criminal that lost his voting and guns rights but probably persuade hundred of thousand to vote conservative every election out of their own stupidity. The funniest part is people see this guy as some kind of patriotic national hero, but in fact he is personally responsible for helping to bring down Richard Nixon and was at the center of one of the biggest scandals in this nation's history. But I will give credit he is a genius, because anyone that can get women over this country to send him naked pitchers of themselves for the "stacked and packed" calendar is no dummy. LOL

Last edited by larrymartin; 04/03/04.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
"Skidrow, I just got through reading the topic on assault weapons and I see what you mean. I will not respond to anything else he says."

Here's a message to all the free -riders here , I personally don't want you responding to this discussion, because the fact is there's absolutely nothing about any veteran you know anyone else needs to know. In short, your a waste of everyone's time.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
"A party that furthers the murder of the unborn, and the homosexual agenda is a party that is truly full of reprobates. I could never support such a party."

I'd like to go back to this subject "social issue" and give you my true opinion . Neither of these subject have a place in deciding who would make a better present these days. That especially holds true post 911 and if some of you guys don't take your head out of your ass , these Third World religious radicals terrorist are going to show you want abortion is all about. The problem is these guys could care less about our social issues and would just as soon cut out an unborn and stand there laughing forcing it down your mouth. Then slip your throw because you wouldn't swallow.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'd be a little stronger than that, Miles. I'd say his post is a strong contender for stupidest thing ever posted on the Campfire. Reflecting absolute and total ignorance of how the Air Guard ran at that time, and what its function was. Bush-hater, not worth trying to reason with.

Steve No,

Hope you don't mind me using this as a quote to lead to this link, it's all mil. record info. available to the public.

Thanks, .......joken2 Air National Guard in RSVN

Last edited by joken2; 04/03/04.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well Larry, I received Hazardous duty pay while serving in the 82nd Airborne div from 71-73. My point is simple, Kerry doesnt represent me, or most others during that era, take a vote. I find it very amusing we now bash a president who served in the air national guard, received an honorable discharge, and clinton (little c, because he is the worst thing that ever happened to democrats) got a pass for being a draft dodger, who helped organize protest events. You have the right to protest, and I have the right to dispise Kerry and Clinton, as one who also severed his country. I wore the uniform with pride during that period, and I was prepared to go "All the Way, and then some" Airborne. So I think I am capable of drawing my own conclusions. Kerry distorted the record on Vietnam, period in my book. If he is such a man, then why did he throw someone else's purple hearts in the river, claim they were his (read, lied about it), and now we find he has his framed in in Senate office.....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No problemo, joken. Good link. Anybody who thinks W was a weanie has never been strapped into several tons of fuel and munitions for a take off.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
AggieDog,
100%. Amen
Jerry

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hey Gung - ho!

Your military record says one thing Gung - ho! and considering the years swallowed it hook- line and sinker. There's one very big difference between your record and mind ,my classification was A-1 US yours was not. Any true veteran of those times would pis$ purple Panther piss all over junior bushes record, because while they were out building character G. W. was getting drunk. LOL

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Larry, it looks like you hijacked this topic while you're waiting for your son to blow people away with the assault weapons he's been buying. You must get off on seeing what you write. There's another term for people like you, you have diarrhea of the mouth.

You keep raising the bar on the qualifications of who you will accept a response from and then you not so neatly reject it when you get it.

I had my fill of draftees like you when I was in Vietnam. Most of you a[/i]ss-wipe draftees were fu[i]cked up when you were drafted and left the military still fu[/i]cked up. In your case, nothing has changed. Were you the centerpiece of the commercial that featured, "This is your brain on drugs?"

You have stated several times that you are a life-long Republican. I am too, and you embarrass the sh[i]
it out of me with your grammatical errors, misspellings, and the constant editing of your posts. You are a fu[i][/i]cking retard.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (16gage, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 49 invisible), 2,260 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,398
Posts18,470,065
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.