-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
s'pose there are different versions of Taslan nylon????

but my only experience with them doesn't even put them in the same ballpark as supplex.

caveat though I purchased them from Sportsman's Guide, ime that place is like a Chinese flea market, lots of bullchit to wade thru to find an occassional good deal

they were cheap enuff, but they ended up being cabin fodder, good in a pinch to have there, but didn't make the grade for hunting

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
i highly recoment beagle wear. look at their website. i wont wear anythign but now

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I use lots of different materials and styles for my out door pants.
Frankly, for dry weather, even when it gets pretty cold, as in below freezing, the Desert Camo BDU's work quite well. I like my hiking pants loose fitting and durable. I've also used lots of nylon pants. The last ones I got I bought from Cabela's. Zip off leg options are nice to have when it's really warm. I'm probably as fearful of hypothermia as anyone, but I'm not worried about using a cotton blend in a dry climate. I really like the big side pockets as opposed to using front pockets.
I, too, have literally lived in my Nylon and BDU pants for days. Very flexible in a wide range of temperatures.
I've got two pair a Cabela's Whipcords. Bought them in my usual waist size and found them too restricting. Bought another pair two inches larger and they are nice and loose fitting. So one gets used for casual wear and the other for the trail.
For cold weather, below freezing for much of the day, I favor heavy, 24-28 oz. wool. With the minimum of base layers. Capeliene of course. That way, when the day gets warmer or I'm on the sunny side of a ridge, they aren't too warm.
I buy them long as well. When I raise my leg, the boot top stays covered. Or I get extra material under my gaitors for additional warmth.
All I can really suggest is buy what you think is good and try them out. Sometimes what you think won't work well does and vice versa. The first, tighter pair of whipcords I bought were like that. Thought I 'd like'em and found them too tight. My first expereince with BDU were just the opposite. Found they worked much better than I thought they would. E

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (35, 257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, BamaCKC, Barryt, 9 invisible), 1,202 guests, and 857 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,233
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.