Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
The thing I really like about wearing a Crew Cab is that you always have an unreal load hauling system on your back.... while on many of my adventures, I've found the Crew Cab works much better than the load sling (for my specific uses) and is worth the extra weight.... I know it's not perfect for every single situation!

It's nice to go lighter at times, but in those situations you'll be sacrificing an amount functionality for a lighter trip in..... we've followed this same principle by experimenting with building a couple just over 2 pound 3000 cubic inch Alpine Climbing Prototypes.... lots of times lighter is better..... and those packs were sweet for our trip..... but I also didn't plan on strapping an elk hind quarter to that pack!

When I'm HUNTING..... I always like to know my pack will be able handle whatever situation I've managed to find myself in..... that's why I carry the extra weight.... because the situation always changes.

I always go out hoping I'll come home with a heavy pack..... lots of times I'm just taking my pack for a walk and we come home empty handed, but every now and then!!!!!!

I think the words Crew Cab and Elk Hunter should go hand in hand.

Mystery Ranch Backpacks
Bozeman Montana USA
www.mysteryranch.com
GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
MR, how about a campfire discount, there is a lot of you're supporter's here and would appreciated a discount, myself included, will have to excuse Brad, he live's in Bozemon
Coop

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Sugarfoot~

Unfortunately..... we can't offer any "group" discounts. We do have a seconds rack here in the show room (very minor flaws) that we often sell at a 5% markdown. Most folks that find something there email me what their looking for and I check the rack..... We call them super seconds..... they don't last long!!!

The area where we're spending the most money on these packs is on our production. Mystery Ranch production is done completely within the U.S.A., not offering discounts allows us to give our employees great jobs, benefits, and wages. Giving people careers is our goal. Mystery Ranch currently employees around 70 people.

Let's look at an example of a $100 retail pack. For us, it costs $75 in materials and labor to make the pack, but we still sell the pack for $100. For companies that produce overseas...... it could cost them closer to $25 for materials and production...... but they'll still sell the pack to you for $100. When you buy a Mystery Ranch pack, there is no middle man, no margin based markup, you're getting the most absolute value for your money spent.

We've chosen to adopt a business plan that keeps all of our sales direct... no retailers... you can only buy over the internet, phone, trade show, or at our Show Room in Bozeman. Many people thought this business plan would never work..... but so far it's helping to grow our business very effectively.

Our goal/mission is simple...... make packs for the people who participate in activities where the quality of gear really matters.... Hunters are at the top tier of our hardcore users..... and we wouldn't have it any other way.

Mystery Ranch Backpacks
Bozeman Montana USA
www.mysteryranch.com
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Here is the only one I've got loaded to photobucket. I don't have one being worn as I was solo.

[Linked Image]

My heaviest loads have been in a 6500.

Carl

Empirical results rule!
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Right On Carl!

Keep taking and sending the photos our direction!!!

Looks like a heavy load!

Mystery Ranch Backpacks
Bozeman Montana USA
www.mysteryranch.com
IC B2

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Made in the U.S.A. is very important to me and was one of the main reasons I purchased a MR CC.

After using the CC last year on my hunts I couldn't be happier, except for the weight. The 90 pound load taken out on one of the trips carried as well as could be expected. However, I can't help but think that, for my uses, the CC bag could be 1.5 to 2 pounds lighter. In fact, I have gone so far as to sketch up a design that achieves a similar weight savings and attaches to the NICE frame. It's just a simple 4000 ci 500d Cordura sack with draw string top with flap and webbing reinforcements around the circumference, horizontal and vertical. Estimated weight is just under 2 pounds.

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
The Crew Cab and frame definitely aren't light...... and sure there are ways to lighten it up..... I rarely use the fold away pockets and have thought about slicing them off... but in general all the things that make the pack heavier than others are the same reasons why the Crew Cab can handle really heavy loads and last a lifetime.

I could easily put together a sub 2 pound pack for the frame, but I don't think it would be able to handle an elk hind quarter very well. We are going to be offering some much simpler bags for the NICE Frame..... designs close to our Big Sky pack...

I've tested a prototype for 40 days during this years hunting season and it's sweet. And lighter than the Crew Cab.... around 2800 cubic inches.

Someone here shoot me an email and I'll send out a photo of some of the latest innovative packs that we have...... then someone can post it here!!!

markseacatmysteryranch.com

Mystery Ranch Backpacks
Bozeman Montana USA
www.mysteryranch.com
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
MR, Made in the USA is important to me. I am willing to pay for this. You make a fine product and you will recieve my support, ie, future purchases,
thank;s
Coop

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
No problem Sugarfoot. We appreciate your (and all 24hourcampfire.com members) business!

Thanks for keeping your dollars right here where they belong..... in the U.S.A!!!

Mystery Ranch Backpacks
Bozeman Montana USA
www.mysteryranch.com
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
MR, it's the Scotchman in me I guess, Have so much gear I sometime's need a little help to justify myself that I [need] more gear. My problem is that I also like Kifaru, Patrick Smith, so have to support him also
Coop

IC B3

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Definitely on my list to get! Just viewed the Crew Cab and looks like a well made Ruck that will suit my needs. Like the Dana Design DNA, as have had a DD Ruck I bought back 14 years ago that has accompanied me on several treks in Nepal and held up great!

Have a question though. Can the Hip Belt on the Crew Cab be removed? And are various lengths of Shoulder straps available?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
MR

I'm new to your packs. Do they come with a hydration system?

I would like to stop in when next I am in Bozeman. Hopefully this spring to watch my niece play V-Ball.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They do!! they will hold up to 3 100oz bladders!

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (160user, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 2,842 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,482
Posts18,490,208
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.