Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Does anybody have any experiance with the CBMR Manticore?.
I am really liking this pack, but is the weight correct on the website? it says somthing over 3lb but the nice frame weights more than that i think then you have the pack.

I will have to wait till the exchange rate picks up a little before i drop the cash but the piccs will do till then.
Dave

Canada by choice, British by Blood

People think there's a rigid class system here, but dukes have been known to marry chorus girls. Some have even married Americans.

HRH Prince Phillip

GB1

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
UK Dave~

Manitcore and Frame weigh 7 pounds 5 oz.....

Mystery Ranch Backpacks
Bozeman Montana USA
www.mysteryranch.com
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Jeepers,does seem a little heavy,having never seen one and never heard of anybody over here having one this is somthing I am going to think about for a while.

Canada by choice, British by Blood

People think there's a rigid class system here, but dukes have been known to marry chorus girls. Some have even married Americans.

HRH Prince Phillip

D
DJR Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Hunting in Montana this year I could have used some kind of pull out blaze orange panel for my coyote colored pack. That thing sure is elky colored when you're hunting the thick stuff in an either sex elk unit.

[Linked Image]

There is probably something specific on the MR web site but I think my wife has blocked that site on this computer. frown

DJR

Last edited by DJR; 12/07/08.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Does snow get in your barrel? smile

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Does snow get in your barrel? smile

That's what I first thought too. Upon a closer look - its hangin' from the sling off a limb.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
DJR~

We have been building our daypack lid in Blaze Orange..... it's a really nice feature when you're hunting with a rifle..... you can keep the daypack lid tucked behind the back panel of the crew cab and then pull it out when you want the orange exposed.

Lots of guys buy two daypack lids.... one to match their pack and another in blaze for this very reason.

We also offer the Crew Cab in Blaze Orange.... it's a little intense at first, but after the first trip, it starts getting a little easier to handle. I have one that I've been using for a couple years and it's just starting to break in nicely!

Hopefully this helps.

Mystery Ranch Backpacks
Bozeman Montana USA
www.mysteryranch.com
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Someday I should publish some of the funnier conversations and situations we've had with peoples wives.......

All I can say is if it's necessary that you must do so....... please ask permission from your wives guys... because otherwise I end up talking with your wife on the phone explaining to her why a Crew Cab will make you a better hunter and husband!

Mystery Ranch Backpacks
Bozeman Montana USA
www.mysteryranch.com
O
Oak Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I'd like to see something made for hauling shed antlers, specifically elk antlers. I spoke to someone from MR at the Western Hunting Expo in Salt Lake last year about this (can't remember the name). I'd like to carry elk antlers vertically on my CrewCab. Not long after the hunting expo, this photo from MR turned up:

[Linked Image]

That's pretty cool, but it would be impossible to carry through some of the brushy areas I shed hunt.

Here's a picture of a day of shed hunting with a buddy. You can see my CrewCab loaded with some smaller sheds, but the big ones stick up too high when loaded that way. I need them to be able to hang lower than the crewcab allows, but still be supported. Buddy's pack is a (4000ci?) Nice bag, with antlers just strapped on the outside:

[Linked Image]

If MR is going to be at the Expo again this year, maybe I'll bring my CrewCab and let you show me how to make it work.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Oak~

Odds are pretty good you talked to me at the FNAWS show last winter. The photo of the sheds was taken by Patrick in our office. I had a good friend of mine drop by a load of sheds he'd picked in order to better demonstrate carrying them. I loaded up 16 sheds in all.... 130 pounds into the Crew Cab. I can see how it would be difficult to carry this many sheds through bushy country.... but talk about a problem to have!!!

We'll definitely be at the Expo again this year. We'll have plenty of Crew Cabs on hand to show you some techniques, but feel free to bring yours if you want. I know we've already got a few guys bringing all of their gear in to do some packing clinics.

Can't wait to see you there, it's one of my favorite shows of the year!!!

Mystery Ranch Backpacks
Bozeman Montana USA
www.mysteryranch.com
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My wish is only to have the Mystery Ranch booth in Salt Lake be plenty stocked up on hops:)

And don't worry about Oak. That was his last Yellowstone trip and he got scared, won;t go back. Spike elk horns fit fine in the current Crew Cab:)

O
Oak Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
dink, don't tell all of my secrets.....I was just stopping by for the suds, too. wink

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
New Mystery Ranch Packs

Oak~ Here's a bunch of packs you could strap some sheds to vertically..... including some new quiet fabric packs...

Top Left: Multicam Big Sky
Top Right: NICE Frame Prototype in Multicam
Bottom Left: Quiet Big Sky
Bottom Right: Quiet Super Sweet

and don't worry gentlemen, we'll be even more prepared for this years event than last years.... so plan on stopping by to say hello!

Last edited by MysteryRanch; 12/08/08.

Mystery Ranch Backpacks
Bozeman Montana USA
www.mysteryranch.com
O
Oak Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Mark, I'm pretty sure it was you that I spoke with last year. I do like the looks of those new packs, especially the protype NICE bag. I'd prefer to stick to the NICE system. Problem is, when I bought my CrewCab and NICE 6500 bags, I think I said something to my wife about "the last packs I'd ever need," or something like that. Way too early in the game to pull that line out, but I was desperate. wink

I'll be sure to stop in this year. If you need someone to field test one of those Multicam bags, I might know someone. wink

Some MR action shots. Unfortunately, it rains in AK, so often the pack is covered up:

Kodiak Sitka blacktail hunt

[Linked Image]

AK Dall sheep hunt:

[Linked Image]

AK mountain goat hunt:

[Linked Image]

CO elk hunt:

[Linked Image]

Shed hunting:

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Oak~

From the looks of all these pictures you can't have a job!!! Always in the field eh? That's a rough problem to have!!!

You'll just have to increase the amount of trips you go on...... especially if you get one of these new packs.....

Keep sending the photos..... awesome!

Mystery Ranch Backpacks
Bozeman Montana USA
www.mysteryranch.com
O
Oak Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Of course I have a job. But I use the packs for work, too.

Here's the CrewCab at work. It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it:

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thats a bad arse pic!!

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Oak~

I have a job too..... luckily I HAVE to test our products in the field!!!

Keep those photos coming guys!!!

Mystery Ranch Backpacks
Bozeman Montana USA
www.mysteryranch.com
O
Oak Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Glassing deer on Kodiak:

[Linked Image]

Sheep hunting:

[Linked Image]

Deer hunting in CO:

[Linked Image]

D
DJR Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by MysteryRanch
We have been building our daypack lid in Blaze Orange..... it's a really nice feature when you're hunting with a rifle..... you can keep the daypack lid tucked behind the back panel of the crew cab and then pull it out when you want the orange exposed.

That's probably the perfect solution for me. After the Christmas season I'll look at the lids. Thanks for the tip.

DJR

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (10gaugeman, 1234, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 160user, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 2,223 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,920
Posts18,479,752
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.