-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My .375 RUM was bedded into a Rem700 Mountain rifle stock, Sako extractor and Vais muzzle brake. Light, slim and pleasure to shoot with the 260 Accubonds. Tipped yotes over with authority. grin

[Linked Image]

Last edited by SMACK; 01/09/12.

All the best things in life, live on the other side off fear.

The true eye sees not the despair of its victims, only the elegance of equilibrium. It's a demonstration of superior judgment.
GB1

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Smack, 26" factory tube?

W

"I would build one again, if it were not for my 350RM (grin)."

MtnHtr
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
LOL at the coyote... did it 'overpenetrate'?

how fast are you pushing those 260 gr. Accubonds? IIRC i'm getting right at 3K fps from 24" barrel

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
26" factory barrel, 260 Accubonds at 3050, 102 gr IMR7828 Fed215M. The rifle shoots lights out with that load so I left it be. First 3 shot group at 100 yards went ironically enough .375 center to center, no joke. Made me smirk!

Oh yes, it penatrated rather well. That coyote was shot at 375 yards, give or take a few, funny story. It was getting late in the day, I was hunting mule deer. I was about ready to pack it up for the hike out. When along came Mr. Yote, so I jammed him in the dirt, the sound of that shot made a Mulie buck stand from his bed further to my right. Ranged him at 560 and jammed him in the dirt. I didn't recover the bullet from the yote, but his heart was completely gone, I did recover the 260 Accubond from the Mulie , hit him facing me head on in the center of the chest. I found the bullet just under the hide on the belly ahead of the pelvic bone.

The heartless yote, exit side(260gr Accubond)

[Linked Image]

Here's the Mulie I shot just after the Yote.

[Linked Image]

The 260gr Accubond as I found it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The recovered bullet cleaned up.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by SMACK; 01/09/12.

All the best things in life, live on the other side off fear.

The true eye sees not the despair of its victims, only the elegance of equilibrium. It's a demonstration of superior judgment.
F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Originally Posted by toad
have you weighed your .375?

the XCR II in .375 RUM weighs 6# 10 oz. bare. i'd assume the SPS DG is the same.

I weighed my on the digital kitchen scales, 7Lbs! Bit light for a 375H&H, thats why it's so lively!

"I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.
IC B2

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
I was going to say earlier SMACK, that is pretty impressive performance, long wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy away!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
FourFingers,

I see that the floorplate latch button on your 375 is small and looks smooth. Did you modify it, or is it factory?

I had a couple Rem 700 BDL/SS in 375. There were made well before the SPS. Every time I fired it the serrated floorplate latch button ground another chunk of flesh from my trigger finger. I had to grind a lot of it off to prevent that. I wanted a 375 for a long time. After owning and shooting the Rem 700 for a while (and a Ruger #1) it didn't take me long to realize that I really didn't want a 375 after all. I think it was responsible for the case of the flinchies that I have yet today.

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
[Linked Image]

Nope, mine is completely as per out of the box, I haven't changed anything. I haven't noticed any problem grazing my finger, but when I grip the rifle, my right index finger is about 3/16" from the bolt knob. I keep an absolute death grip on it as the bolt rakes my finger above the knuckle if I am not 100% careful.

I have wanted a 375H&H since I was a teenager (I'm 63 now!). I am glad I bought it, but boy it is a handful! I might weight the stock and see how it goes. The shoulder whack is ok, thanks to the R3/Limbsaver or whatever it is, but the rifle bucks and bellers and bites anything like fingers, etc that gets in the way, lol.

That bolt knob is way out of proportion, being closer to the camera than the trigger guard, but it seems to be that big in recoil ans is hard for me to avoid.
Once I free up enough cases, I will try some lighter bullets (currently using Fed Power Whatevers in 270Gn, serious medicine. I wil also be shooting a lot of cast in her.

Last edited by FourFingersofDeath; 01/11/12.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
[Linked Image]
Here is my Remington 700 SPS with the 1-4X Leupold scope.
It hasn't had any parts fall off that I can tell. grin
So far it has killed a raccoon, a few prairie dogs, and three whitetail deer.
I'm waiting to win the lottery so I can take it to Alaska where it belongs.
whelennut

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F

Nope, mine is completely as per out of the box, I haven't changed anything. I haven't noticed any problem grazing my finger, but when I grip the rifle, my right index finger is about 3/16" from the bolt knob. I keep an absolute death grip on it as the bolt rakes my finger above the knuckle if I am not 100% careful. [/quote]

Sorry, lost the link in previous post and now unable to edit. New pic:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

As you can see, bog stock.

IC B3

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 62 invisible), 2,340 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,265
Posts18,486,514
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.