-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ken Howell knighted me too lucky for words once many moons ago. I know he is right and remind myself everytime I log on. The oldest daughter thinks it is pretty stupid...the youngest thinks it is awesome, as she gets it...

The land of the free because of the brave.
GB1

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
pixarezzo...because I enjoy playing (picking) a resonator guitar.

[Linked Image]

Guns are like guitars - you can never have too many.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ironbender
I can bend steel in my bare hands.

Prefer to use fire, hammer and anvil - farrier and blacksmith.

Used it here as it was my CB handle back in the day.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When I signed up I used Ontario, the province where I live, Jim, my name and then found out it had to be an alpha-numeric handle so added the 1 at the front. Don't consider myself to be no. 1 at anything.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's an Indian thing

GOA
IC B2

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Justice of God"

"Jazzed on Gold"

"Jerk Off Goofy"

A long distance runner?

sigh...just my initials...

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Every morning before we leave elk camp my uncle always says we're chasing the Great Wapuuuuti. I know he's pronouncing it wrong, but it's just the way he is. Great guy and the best hunting partner ever, so it's kinda my tribute to him.

I use the handle Buster on several boards, but it was taken when I registered here. Stems from an old joke where I called a buddy who wasn't home, so when his mom asked if she could take a message, I told her, yeah, tell him Buster Hymun called, and she actually did it! I've been stuck with the nickname ever since.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
A young indian warrior approached his mother, questioned her on how an indian babe was named. She explained a name was derived from the first thing the mother saw at the birth of that child. Your sister was born at sunrise, hence her name sunshine. Your brother was born at night, properly named shooting star. Why do you ask this question, Two Dogs [bleep]?

grin

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I live in Alabama and my middle name is Edward. Don't mean anything in particular. This has been my internet moniker for about 20 years. Most of my friends and co-workers call me Ed. Only my wife and the preacher call me by first name.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Dadda, (drool) how name (snort) brudder and sidder?"

"Well," explained the Dad. "When your brother was born a dewdrop fell on his forehead so I named him "Dewey". When your sister was born a flower petal landed on her forehead so I named her "Rose". Why do you ask, Brick?"

Last edited by JOG; 01/23/09. Reason: Improved Memory

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
burner...the job that changed my life forever.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
This has been my internet moniker for about 20 years.

Wow!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Maser
Originally Posted by Scorpion
Was my favorite character from a video game I played when I was a kid, and subsequently just started using it as my handle for various sites, including this one. I doubt anyone knows what game that would be, you're all too damn old... grin

Old huh? I was 4 when that game came out. laugh I was more of a Reptile fan though.

Figured you'd be the one who got that. Yeah, Reptile and Sub Zero were right up there, too. Scorpion was just a bit more bad ass and a lot easier to fight with than the other two. smile

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Brother Rockeye was one of the Slattery Brothers...the only western outlaw gang to ever grace the Flintstones.
My older brother's bin calling me Brother Rockeye or Rockeye since I was a kid.
Part because of the Flintstones and part because I used to head shoot gophers in the pasture with my old Slavia pellet gun before we were old enough for .22's
"how far to Stoney Gulch Brother Rockeye?"

hehe grin

A shootin iron is a tool used for shootin
much like
a branding iron is a tool used for branding

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Its where I spend as much time as possible. Up on the mountain in the lodgepoles.

" A little solitude is a mighty precious thing "
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I liked to hunt in Zimbabwe.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I used to shoot a 340 Wby a LOT, so my buddy started calling me 340boy.
I guess it stuck...
grin

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a bunch of stories from the old days about being shaman. However, a story I never mentioned here is how I got the moniker.

A long time ago, back in the days of dial-up, I had an online persona called Shaman, the Tiger. Shaman was a 600lb Siberian (Cyberian) tiger who lived in an online chat bar called the Little Further Inn, run by a lady known as "Gypsy." Gypsy had come over from Delphi to help me make this project work. Gypsy ran the front chat room. I ran the adult-only bar behind, The Hole in the Wall. Shaman HAD been human at one point, but he had run afoul of a Siberian shaman who had turned him into a tiger and sold him to a tourist. He had escaped and partially gotten himself changed back, but he would still slip back into his tiger form uncontrollably and wake up in the neighbors bushes with dog on his breath. There was always this sub-plot of Shaman and his struggles over which to be, a man or a tiger.

There was also Jonesy, a Afro-Vietnamese bartender, and Red. Red was exquisite woman who sat back in the shadows. All you could see when you came in was Red's legs and shoes, red nail polish on a hand holding a cigarette, the brim of her hat and my tail curling out from behind her chair.

Gypsy was in real life, a middle-aged blind woman. Red was a female friend I knew from work. She was on the list for a liver transplant. The rest were figments or our imagination. Some where I still have the captures from those days.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hunt and fish from "Dawn 'til Dusk" so I just came up with the stupid handle of Dawn2Dusk

Enjoying Each Sunrise...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was commercial fishing and wearing some brown neoprene chest waders and a wool balaclava and my hair was sticking out the back and sides of the balaclava, from then on I was known as Wook (or Wookiee) because I looked like hairy 'ole Chewbacca out fishing.

Wook

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

56 members (338Rules, 38HBWC, 35, 4th_point, 8 invisible), 2,222 guests, and 858 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,779
Posts18,536,021
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.