Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
I always says what I means and means what I says.

I know. But, because I like you, I still try to help!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by isaac
I always says what I means and means what I says.

I know. But, because I like you, I still try to help!
Was the sentence structure too complex for you?

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Your cartoon addition threw me off. I don't get many lawyer types adding cartoons to their excellent arguments.

It was cute though. Can you do one with Mickey next time?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by isaac
Your cartoon addition threw me off. I don't get many lawyer types adding cartoons to their excellent arguments.

It was cute though. Can you do one with Mickey next time?
I suppose that's your own special way of admitting you made a fool of yourself ... again.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
It has devolved hasn't it?

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Was your retirement investments + or - last quarter? I'm fairly certain things will turn around, the questions really are how much and how soon.

It's be the $hits to be trying to retire right now or BE retired.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Compared to you, can anyone really make a fool of themselves?

William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by mike762
Isaac has that effect.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Oh well, it's dinner time. I'll pick this up later.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
IC B3

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Mike...We're in RE and in this area, we're losing our ass right now.Equity down around 27-36%.

Got tenants paying on time though with about 600 a month surplus after monthly debt satisfied. Of course, that's taxable!

William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Oh well, it's dinner time. I'll pick this up later.
Same same. Broiled lamb shoulder steak (with a rosemary, garlic, and lemon marinade) accompanied by a side of buttered turnip greens. Yum.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Isaac has that effect.

No...he doesn't.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Isaac has that effect.

No...he doesn't.
When Isaac sees someone who disagrees with him, that person will invariably be described by him in insulting terms, rather than politely responded to with a counter argument. It is always he who starts it. Things then tend to go downhill from there.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by amax155
Unemployment hit 8% in Mississippi but don't worry the economy is sound.

Unemployment hit 9.9% last week in Los Angeles...

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
and then Hawkeye will be there, to pour gas on the fire, take things out of context, and to turn the entire freaking thread into something about HIM.

Sam......

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
and then Hawkeye will be there, to pour gas on the fire, take things out of context, and to turn the entire freaking thread into something about HIM.
Don't sugar coat it, Mannlicher. Tell me what you really think of me. wink

Signing off. Now you boys can play nice together.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ivan
Originally Posted by amax155
Unemployment hit 8% in Mississippi but don't worry the economy is sound.

Unemployment hit 9.9% last week in Los Angeles...

Are the 12-20 million illegal aliens figured into unemployment numbers?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I see no reason to start arguing and fighting again. The election is over and we need to turn our faces towards the future and the off-year election. Certainly we need to stifle any talk of Jeb being the next candidate in four. We need a true conservative and we need to come together in support of that candidate. There is no use "doom and glooming" about the current economy either. Do the best for yourself, your community, your state and your country and leave the rest in God's hands. I am trying to keep a positive outlook and have already prepared for the negative to the best of my ability. When I get down, I remind myself of the people over the years who have lost everything and then pulled themselves up to begin again or at least live and take care of themselves and their families despite abject poverty. From Job through the German Jews, there are plenty of examples. An old professor of mine said you need to keep your head in the clouds and your feet on ground. OTOH there are a lot of people losing jobs and we don't have the manufacturing base we used to. No use getting down, but no use being unrealistic either.

As to the baseball reference...

You know, the place they put the players just before they put them out to pasture!

Maybe in Tee Ball. Right field takes somebody with a strong arm and some speed to do justice to the fielding there. Designated Hitter or First Base is where a lot of former outfielders end their careers once their speed becomes inferior to the youngsters but they can still hit. Famous right-fielders include, Hank Aaron, Roberto Clemente, Tony Gwynn, Reggie Jackson, Al Kaline, Mel Ott, Frank Robinson, Babe Ruth, Enos Slaughter, and Dave Winfield. There are a bunch of others, but I don't know much about the ancient days of the sport.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Gee Isaac, since the 50's and 60's the tenets of John Dewey have changed public education from one of transferring the culture -learning the facts - to creating their own culture, to reveling in the "process." Never mind that you don't know who wrote the Gettysburg Address when you graduate or cannot read or write.

In the early 2000's, our high school students rated 19th and 20th out of twenty other countries in regard to test scores in math and physics.

Then there is the specter of post-modernism, a post-Christian culture (which doesn't imply all were Christians before), wherein our culture via the ivory towers of education has embraced Darwinism in their search for a world-view that escapes being accountable to a sovereign, transcendent God. The implications of that however relegates us all to a blob of inconsequential protoplasm no different than the Stickleback minnow whose stream we will spend billions on. On the other hand this imperialist beast whose heavy hand on nature's beasts - "his brothers" - gets short shrift in the womb in a bow to nihilism so to date 40+million have been ripped, burned, and torn limb from limb in the first months of life. A generation gone; oh well, a latte please.

Then we have the body politic, a product of their public education by the way and their moral relativistic training, who deserve the imcompetence, immorality, hubris, outright theft, and failed ideologies of history they've voted in because they don't know it.

Then there's the gross greed, deception, and theft now exposed that shows the growth and wealth of the 80's and 90's were built on a house of cards that finally got too high. The Dow up? Wow!

And that's enough although I'm not finished. Really, I'm not a pessimist except when it comes to the human condition and what I expect from him without a change of heart.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (808outdoors, 7mm_Loco, AKislander, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 44automag, 14 invisible), 1,413 guests, and 877 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,491
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.