Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
MWC Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Is anyone familiar with Wildlife Tech. game caller performance and quality? Looking for a caller and just came upon them.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You should call them up and speak with the owner of the company before you buy... that probably will make a difference in this particular case. The "customer service" and the fact that sounds run about $33 per sound will keep me from a WT product.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Take a look at FoxPro, Minaska, GameTraks or Western Rivers. They make good products and back them up if they ever need service. I will purchase anything made by wt or it's owner. No one needs to put up with the BS from wt. MI VHNTR

The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I don't know why I'm even bothering, given the way these things usually turn out, but I've got a couple WTs and have killed a few hundred coyotes over them.For the most part, I did that by doing what Bill Martz suggested I try.

Now if this thread follows the regular pattern, a foxpro circle jerk will form.

Life begins at 40. Recoil begins at "Over 40" Coincidence? I don't think so.
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
LOL, WT makes a very good caller and has some very good sounds. I called them to inquire about the new smaller version they have out and was pleasantly surprised by the lady answering the phone. She was very helpful and polite. A buddy of mine bought one and it had a problem but Bill said he would take care of it and did AFAIK.

I decided to buy a FoxPro Fury instead and guess what I had to send it back as well. Had a Minaska last year and had to send it back too. My point is every new call design will have it's share of problems, the service you get after the sale is what's important and from what I have seen, all 3 companies do pretty good. Bill has a reputation and has his own way of doing things but the few people I know who have them are very pleased with the caller and don't seem to have any problems dealing with them.

I chose Foxpro over WT because I can load my own sounds on it and they have great CS but when I can afford to I will order a WT as well.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W.T. is the best caller I have ever had. I wouldn't own anything else but a W.T. Very sturdy caller, runs perfect in sub zero weather and has alot of range!

Lucas

Well its a dog eat dog, eat cat too, French eat frog, and I'll eat you....
D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by LBSmith
W.T. is the best caller I have ever had. I wouldn't own anything else but a W.T. Very sturdy caller, runs perfect in sub zero weather and has alot of range!

W.T. is the very best caller made today. Wish I had one.
I did a pile of research on callers and came to the conclusion the W.T. Is tops.

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
As much as the new Foxpros cost, the price difference isn't all that much and on his website it says you can get new sounds for 10.00/sound but there is a 6 sound minimum. Not all that bad, really. Won't cost much to call and talk to them.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DMB
Originally Posted by LBSmith

W.T. is the very best caller made today. Wish I had one.
I did a pile of research on callers and came to the conclusion the W.T. Is tops.

my partner owns a WT caller... he prefers the foxpro...

the WT caller is expensive, heavy, and bulky...
it does have great sound, and a high quality remote, but the coyotes don't care about the sound, and most remotes nowadays are bombproof.....

foxpro is the way to go, IME&O.....

"Chances Will Be Taken"

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Quote;the WT caller is expensive, heavy, and bulky...
it does have great sound, and a high quality remote, but the coyotes don't care about the sound, Quote:

You must not have seen the new WT's that are out. Bill has 3 models to choose from in 3 different sizes to fit anyones price range compared to the other top brands and more sounds added with the caller.
If you are just going to call to any coyotes that will here you and hope they come in then any caller will work. But if you are calling in an area where alot of other callers call then the WT is the route to go.
When i go after a targeted coyote the WT is what i use and the WT is what brings them in, period...
To be consistant with a WT you need to learn to use the sounds properly and dureing the right time of year and when you have that mastered then you are going to kill alot of coyotes..

IC B3

N
N
It amazes me when I see some of these post about Wild Life Tech and their callers. I am fortunate in that I work full time in predator control. I have had the opportunity to test I believe every caller on the market and even a few home made models. The best way to compare these different models in my opinion is place them side by side and compare sound quality, and volume. As I said I have done this and there is no comparison the Wild Life Tech caller is in a different league. All you have to do is do this comparison yourself and you will clearly see the difference. As far as customer service goes I have been treated with nothing but with the utmost friendliness. I recently bought their new compact model and it is absolutely amazing. At $490.00 and it comes with 40 sounds, it outperforms any caller on the market and at a decent and comparable price. Their sound library is vast and well recorded. I recently tested one of the newer and highly toted models on the market and most if not all the sounds on there were sounds produced with a open reed mouth call. Gosh why would I need that I can use an open reed mouth call. I may get one crack at a lamb killing wet bitch and I want the very best equipment that I can get my hands on when I get that crack and in my opinion and it is an educated opinion the wild life tech is by far the best. I am not abasing any other products as there is some good callers out there compared to 20 years ago but as I said Wild Life Tech is by far the best.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
You must not have seen the new WT's that are out. Bill has 3 models to choose from in 3 different sizes to fit anyones price range compared to the other top brands and more sounds added with the caller.

i'd guess that you're right....

my buddies caller is a real burden to carry around, due to its weight.. it was very expensive... $1000+, before he added a bunch of sounds...
iirc, he has a caller that weighs approx 30 lbs, with batteries... cost him about 1700$ all up...

if wt has newer and better stuff out there, more power to him...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Wow he's 2 new callers( I got the Big one) since I got mine and the price has dropped. And a bunch more new sounds for only 10 bucks a sound, I'll ship mine back this spring for more sounds!

Lucas

Well its a dog eat dog, eat cat too, French eat frog, and I'll eat you....
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I'm also looking to pick one up this year. I'll prolly start looking around this weekend for dealers that have some that I can listen to...I'm gonna admit that right now I'm kinda leaning towards the Fury. I like the idea of a display with a playlist.
I don't doubt that the WT is probably better sound wise, but how much difference are you or the predators gonna be able to tell once the speaker is 100 yds. or more away?
Edit to add...
I also think the Fury can play two sounds at once...Not sure how valuable that would be but it's an interesting feature. One thing for sure...before I plunk down that amount of cash for an electronic caller, I'll be doing a little more research... smile

Last edited by Middlefork_Miner; 01/26/09.
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I don't think my Fury will play 2 sounds at once, the Fox Fade feature will allow you to split 2 different sounds on the same number. For instance they have some sounds recorded in stereo with cottontail and jackrabbit or rabbit and coyote. You can make one speaker produce one sound while the other produces the other. I haven't found a need to use this feature.

As I said the WT is a good caller but so is the FoxPro. My decision came down to being able to load my own sounds, you can't do that on the WT and Bill loads alot of coyote vocals which might not be a bad thing but doesn't fit my style.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
You're right. I finally downloaded the manual & read it. Thanks for the heads up.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
TWR,

Are you saying that WT picks your sounds for you? You don't get to pick the sounds you want?

futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
You get to pick your sounds but Bill will definately "guide" you. A buddy of mine just bought one and that was his complaint at first, he had a whole lot of vocals and not enough distress. He tried to argue with him but finaly gave up. Now he has been killing quite a few with vocals, guess ol Bill knows what he's talking about.

I'm still killing em with distress, never had much luck with vocals but if I had the right sounds....

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
i've been thinking this thread over, and i've kinda got it figured, for me anyway...

with the performance that i've gotten from my foxpro, i do not believe that the WT caller will bring in any more coyotes...

i agree that the sound is better on the WT unit... but it makes no apparent difference to a coyote, so i don't care either...

from the time that i 1st heard of WT, i have heard about the cantankerous, argumentative nature of the owner...
my buddy who bought a wt unit says that the guy is OK, but "different"...

i have nothing but respect for the technology and workmanship displayed in the WT caller that i have used... i feel that the foxpros that i have used are a better answer, for a guy who likes to kill coyotes with a minimum of fuss...

competition makes most products better...
with the foxpro, the burnhams, johnny stewart, and WT all turning out callers in the same general price range, we all benefit.....

for me, for now, it's foxpro...
let the competition continue.....

"Chances Will Be Taken"

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I agree, the competition leaves us as the clear winners. I will someday own a WT but I have no regrets about my new Fury.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 61 invisible), 2,344 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,265
Posts18,486,514
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.