-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
But assuming there is a Heaven and a God than I would have to say no. Free thinking/free choice do not lead one to Heaven or God. Therefore, one would have to presume that Heaven would be out for anyone who practices free thinking and free choice.

Now I can just see all the Christians going bonkers over this statement but seriously Christians, think deeply, go mystic, are you really practicing free thinking, free choice or are you just one of the sheeple?

I did have the choice of going to Heaven or not and I made my choice. The name 'sheeple' is derisive in that it shows that you have a low opinion of those who don't think as you do. You, evidently, have made your choice but who knows if you will stick with it or not. You would not be the first atheist to change their minds. Do a search on 'Ben Haden'. He was an atheist who became a Christian and then an evangelist. He has a unique way of presenting things.

www.changedlives.org He holds 'conversations, not sermons.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
No Free Will in Heaven, No Sex in Heaven, No Hunting in Heaven.

So Heaven will be an extension of the Old Age Home everyone was in prior to death, SWEET!

I can see it now, 'Welcome to Shady Meadows, I'm Peter and I'll be your Social Coordinator for your stay.'

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GlennGTR
I have some one waiting for me on the other side.......at least I hope shes waiting.

Glenn,
You need to read the book 'Though I Walk Through the Valley' by Vance Havner. It's the story of his wife's illness with Cushing's disease, her death and his thoughts and prayers. I've never found a better read on a terminal illness. You can get it from Amazon, I believe.

The last three paragraphs go like this: (I've posted this before but please bear with me)

"I write these final lines in lovely St. Augustine, Florida. Once again, God has brought His tired servant to the right place at the right time. This morning I watched a glorious sunrise. The place where I stay faces the waterfront and I stroll along the promenade looking across the bay to the whitecaps on the ocean beach beyond.

It was in Florida that I met Sara and fell in love with her. I remember that during our courtship I went away on a preaching engagement, and when I returned she met me at the railroad station in her radiant loveliness. That was the first of countless times she met me for thirty-three years when I returned home tired from my preaching journeys.

I have but one request, My Father. When I reach that distant shore, I can wait to see the pearly gates, the golden streets, and the many mansions. But grant, dear God, that after I have first seen Him, whom having not seen I love, my dearest may be the next to meet me, just like she used to."

That is as it should be. A Christian should desire Heaven first because of Jesus, the Savior, then for all other reasons.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by RickyD
So if there is no evil in heaven (and I'm making an assumption here I know), is there free choice there? If so how can that be?
Of course there is free choice in Heaven. The "how" is simple. There is no idiocy in Heaven, thus the right choice will always be made.

If the right choice is "always" made, there is no choice.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
You can always make the wrong choice but when you know the results you dont.Well unless you are an idiot.The older I get the more I know,my decisions are based on what I understand.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve
In another thread a while back I asked why God allowed evil to exist. Some of the people who responded said that it was integral to free choice. Fair enough and I had expected that answer.

Got to thinking this morning:

So if there is no evil in heaven (and I'm making an assumption here I know), is there free choice there? If so how can that be?

Think about this some more.
Think deeper.
Think details.
Think distinctions.
Think alternatives.
Think variations.
IOW, really know what you mean by "free choice."

Do you mean the option of refusal, opposition, rebellion, mutiny?

Do you mean the option of choosing an entr�e from an infinite sm�rg�sbord of choices?

Can you really say what you mean by "free choice?"

Have you really, thoroughly thought-through what you're wondering about?

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Is there be free choice in hell? Hopin' fer the best, preparin' ...

<<<<<<<<<<<SPACE FOR RENT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Ken,

It is a logical dilemma, but I have that problem in general with the concept of God.

I mean all those things and more. He allows them on earth, does He allow them in heaven. Can heaven exist with these choices?

As to your suggestion to 'Think', that is what I'm doing. I'm also asking.

-Steve

Carpe' Scrotum
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

If anyone gets there let us know...

The answers yes...

now get back to the work of livin'

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gmack
In Heaven there is no division of good and evil. The yin/yang are united. The concept would not apply there. The physical world works via the breakup of the whole, division of the Singularity, etc., etc..

Bingo!!! Give the boy an apple!!!!

Seriously, here in the nature world we live in Yin and Yang, the Law of Opposites. One can presume there is no Law of Opposites in Heaven, hence no free will, no free choice.

Personally, I don't think I would want to live where everybody is sameo, sameo. But than again if I go where the Goddess rules and it turns out to be as many Pagans think it is the Land of Faerie Folk, maybe that's sameo, sameo too. I guess we will all have to die to find out. grin

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B3

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

Derby -

Wrong!!!

Of course this is a personal thing but there is a "TIME" to create, and a "TIME" to destroy.

Act out of cycle and your a bad factor...

maybe God is a system, and being part of the system is being part of him. NOT doing so or being against the system is bad.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MColeman
But assuming there is a Heaven and a God than I would have to say no. Free thinking/free choice do not lead one to Heaven or God. Therefore, one would have to presume that Heaven would be out for anyone who practices free thinking and free choice.

Now I can just see all the Christians going bonkers over this statement but seriously Christians, think deeply, go mystic, are you really practicing free thinking, free choice or are you just one of the sheeple?

I did have the choice of going to Heaven or not and I made my choice. The name 'sheeple' is derisive in that it shows that you have a low opinion of those who don't think as you do. You, evidently, have made your choice but who knows if you will stick with it or not. You would not be the first atheist to change their minds. Do a search on 'Ben Haden'. He was an atheist who became a Christian and then an evangelist. He has a unique way of presenting things.

www.changedlives.org He holds 'conversations, not sermons.

Sorry no offense was intended on the "sheeple" name.

I'm not an atheist although I did flirt with the idea once. I think the idea lasted about 10 seconds. I do believe in a Deity it is just that my Deity takes the from of the Goddess. For whatever it's worth, many Christians also pay homage to a Goddess in the form of Mary, the Mother of Jesus, and Mary Magdalene, the alleged partner and most beloved of all Jesus's disciples.

You are right I did make my choice. It may need to be fine tuned from time to time but it will remain Zen Deism, following the spiritual path of the Goddess.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

Derby -

Wrong!!!

Of course this is a personal thing but there is a "TIME" to create, and a "TIME" to destroy.

Act out of cycle and your a bad factor...

maybe God is a system, and being part of the system is being part of him. NOT doing so or being against the system is bad.

Okay, I guess. I'm confused but it would not be the first time.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

Derb,

Sorry I was gettin' a bit cocky... I'm no more right than anyone else..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anybody who thinks that he's fairer, wiser, more loving, more sensitive, more considerate, or more intelligent than God is the dumbest kind of fool.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Anybody who thinks that he's fairer, wiser, more loving, more sensitive, more considerate, or more intelligent than God is the dumbest kind of fool.
I can't begin to fathom that kind of thinking, though it is frequently encountered.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If he'd scolded Eve, refused to go along with her and her seducer, or asked God to forgive 'em both for disobeying Him, I believe that God would've forgiven both Adam and Eve.

That is a possibility. Nowadays I could see them getting a laywer grin

Biting that apple surely started age progression. God told em' if they eat of it, they will die.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by watch4bear
If he'd scolded Eve, refused to go along with her and her seducer, or asked God to forgive 'em both for disobeying Him, I believe that God would've forgiven both Adam and Eve.

That is a possibility. Nowadays I could see them getting a laywer grin

Biting that apple surely started age progression. God told em' if they eat of it, they will die.

Personally I believe God would have given Adam an even better and more appealing help meet and Eve would have died in banishment, as she did.

The problem that aided the deception of Adam was time. Time had began and time is indeed deceptive when considering the workings of God.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You know a couple of things have always bugged me about the Adam and Eve mythology.

1. It's always assumed that Adam was the good guy and Eve was the bad guy. Suppose it was Adam who ate the apple first and Eve who was tricked into eating the apple by Adam second.

2. It makes more sense that Eve came first and Adam came second. In other words, Adam was made from Eve's rib.

The Bible is misogynistic so maybe the Adam and Eve mythology should be reversed.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
The guy always comes first, as it should be.......

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

481 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 53 invisible), 2,134 guests, and 1,122 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,279
Posts18,505,096
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.