Print Thread
Hop To
Page 122 of 1,842 1 2 120 121 122 123 124 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill

Rooster - If you take 1/2 a Viagara it will keep you from peeing on your boots!

If Rooster's gonna be takin' Viagara....I'm not goning. That's all we need is him running around with a 1/2 chub for the day. grin

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I agree! We don't need that! I wouldn't want to have to lay hard into the whiskey to counter act the problem. It could turn into a vicious cycle where there are no winners!

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Berettaman

For my .02, I would say the naming ceremony would not be complete without some ceremonial dress of some sort. Mebbe all should be required to wear blaze orange, a tool belt, a snowmobile helmet, and a chicken feather?

I say we we go with the above attire with a twist. We stuff some padding in the blaze orange, dawn some antlers and a chicken tail and let the young'ns shoot us with BB guns as we make our way to different beer stations in the woods.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
oooh, chicken feather, I like it.

why stop with a feather tho?

chicken foot necklace?

maybe shell out a whole shicken & wear it for a hat?

too much?

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
and by whole shicken.. I mean grab a live chicken, evacuate his chicken skin of it's eddibles & wear the shelled out bird on your head... feathery floppy chicken hat, legs hanging down by your ears... head hanging off to the side off the front...

ok yeah I guess that's pretty gross.

Last edited by northern_dave; 02/02/09.

Something clever here.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I just got this link in an email. This is a pretty good depiction of what it is like to live in the north country and ice fishing for those of you southern guys. (Just trade the packer reference for Vikings though) grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG9XLmfoJhk

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I like it! Shicken hats all around!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
cool vid...one dude had a Northstars sweater on, so they can't be all that bad.

Hell of a nice shack too.

Chicken hats, bloody chicken hats. good idea 'eh. grin

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I sure like how we have jumped from a feather to sticking our....errr YOUR head up the arse of a chicken!

Something tells me it will progress in stages. First the feather. Then, after a whole lotta beer intake, you will progress to the chickenhat.

Of course we will need pictures and maybe a video or two.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
but i'll have the charcoal lit under the grill and we won't waste any of the meat shelled out from our chicken hats.

now if I can find some deer hides that we can make capes out of... gonna need some antlers too...

Something clever here.

IC B3

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I was right, ND. The boys are all over this ceremony. Better notify Ripley's Believe It or Not. I'm sure there will be records broken. What a testament to the power of the fermented malt beverage!

BTW, for you more mature revelers worrying about the downrange velocity of your "guns", I recommend a turkey baster loaded with 12 ounces of flat beer inserted into the left front jean pocket and protruding forwatd at a slight angle thru a slit in the pocket seam toward the zipper. I think you can figure out the rest of the process.

Long Live the Chickenbuck!!! Cock-a-doddle-GRUNT! Oh no, it's the Northern Cedar Swamp Chickenbuck in full rut!! Run for your lives!

Ron

NRA Endowment member and proud of it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Cock-a-doodle-GRUNT!

HEY I like that! We are going to have to come up with a clock that sings that one hour before sunrise. Gives ya time to get to the stand that way. wink

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hey everybody I was just sitting here thinking about the cabin, Camp Chickenbuck and all of those who have visited in person and in spirit.
Thanks to all who have visited the campfire, left suggestions or words of encouragement or simply stopped to read for a bit. What a wonderful group of people. Thanks for everything...
Mrs. ND

"I'm not crying!!"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
No problem Mrs.ND. It was great to meet you and Dave this fall too. It would have been nice if the weather wasn't so crappy, we could have sat outside, instead of under the gate of the P.O.S t-hoe.

It looks like you guys had fun last weekend on the sleds too. You'll have to show the little guy which finger is for preachin' though. grin

Tom

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I guess that's his preachin finger? grin

thanks for posting mama.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm usually getti'n preached at when I use that finger. grin

We should meet up again this year, at the rate I'm going here at work...it won't be til fall again.

T

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
lets get a closer look at that preacher....

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Thats a Classic, absolutely PRICELESS!!!! MrsND, Thankyou and Dave for sharing with us too!!!!

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Thanks, Mrs ND. The pleasure has been all ours. I have been to so many forums where there is nothing but spite and ridicule. This thread is special. It really seems as if we are all best friends here. For that we have Dave to thank. If he hadn't started this thread and set the tone with his posts, many of us would never have come together. I am drawn to this site almost every day because I just have to know what's new with everyone. It's just plain addictive!
Ron

NRA Endowment member and proud of it.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
For almost a year now,thru heart surgery and all of the other travails of life this thread is the second thing I look at every morning when I sit down at the computer.It is one of the things I look forward to and enjoy every day.It has almost become like a blog to some of us chronicling our feelings and our everyday lives.We are all brothers of the Chickenbuck here and friends.
This is a special place and I thank Dave and his wife and family
for it.I value all of my friends whom I have met here who have shown their friendship to me.
Cock-a-doodle-grunt!

Stan

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 02/04/09.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Page 122 of 1,842 1 2 120 121 122 123 124 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 60 invisible), 2,595 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,476
Posts18,471,546
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.