Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by isaac
Sorry friends...in court for a bit!

The question truly is....if our FF's were around today, with pen in hands, would that wonderful document be vastly different?

Be honest! It's a nice cerebral exercise!

In light of the present situation in the US, I am wondering if your founding fathers might not want to tighten up & clarify the language regarding a presidential candidate to be "natural born"...

Just sayin'...

John

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry friends...in court for a bit!

The question truly is....if our FF's were around today, with pen in hands, would that wonderful document be vastly different?

Be honest! It's a nice cerebral exercise!

I actually thought about your question for the last hour and I really can't come up with an answer(remember, I'm cerebrally challenged).

I do firmly believe they would be disgusted at what our country has become. Central banks, Federal Income taxes, less state rights, more government,....they'd probably shoot themselves in the head after seeing how far we've regressed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I just wonder how small the bikinis will be in 200 years.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
I just wonder how small the bikinis will be in 200 years.

We'd be just as shocked as the FF's today......no telling what transmetrocybergendersex will be hanging out in 200 years.

All American

All the time
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
From what I've read about Ben Franklin, I think he would wholeheartedly approve.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If we had what it takes to let the natural law of "Survival of the Fittest" work we would not be discussing this problem because all the non-productive people would be dead.

Unfortunately, we don't have the guts to let non-productive people die in the streets.

The FFs had no problem in that regard.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Feed the homeless to the hungry.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Sorry...had to play lawyer again...without pay...SOAB!

It is my belief the FF's would agree more with me today than those who profess to think they know what the FF's intended!

The FF's would have levelled half the world with nukes had they had the capability!

Last edited by isaac; 02/03/09.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
And, would Allah actually be a talking point with the big boys?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I would be willing to bet that the FF wouldn't spend one dime to rebuild anything outside of the USA that they destroyed.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.
IC B3

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Fair enough. But would they destroy it?

William Arthur Ward

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I think that Jefferson proved that with the Barbary Pirates.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Agreed. So why the puzzies?

Last edited by isaac; 02/03/09.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The FF's knew exactly what they were doing and who they real enemy of the people would be.....

He!! they had first hand experience.

Problem is, the next several generations of the USA didn't listen to what they said.

Now we pay.......

Tony

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It is my belief the FF's would agree more with me today than those who profess to think they know what the FF's intended!

The FF's would have levelled half the world with nukes had they had the capability!

If the FF's were alive today and governing, we wouldn't have to level anyone because there would be little to no animosity towards the US. The FF's were smart enough to keep from aiding France even though they saved our backsides, so they surely would have kept our nose out of the ME. That non interventionist policy of theirs served us well and would probably serve us just as well today.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The FF's were smart enough to keep from aiding France even though they saved our backsides, so they surely would have kept our nose out of the ME
Do Marines, Barbary Coast and Thomas Jefferson ring any bells? smile

Opps....guess not. I see it was discussed above. Carry on. whistle

Last edited by RickyD; 02/03/09.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Hmmm...The FF education was backed in the real history of the world and how former and present people governed themselves...That education shaped their thinking to form the conclusions they arrived at. I don't think they would write it much differently as the abuses of power now compared to then are just wearing different clothes...The basic premises would still be intact...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by NH K9
Feed the homeless to the hungry.

George

That's one answer.

Or you tie them to a tree slap some bacon grease on them and let the bears have them. I suppose that would be cruel though.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Basic boat building / navigation courses,....and a Map of the Pacific would be a mite more compassionate than grease and trees.

........Asia's out there,....somewhere.

Go.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There is no doubt in my mind that the FF's would have leveled Saudi right after 9/11, no questions asked and regardless of the consequences to the oil supply. They then would've taken the dammed oil and given it to the American people until every jot and tittle that the A-rabs owed us for making us kill their people and level their hovels was paid. Then a little for interest. Sad would've been moldering in his grave already from Gulf War I with Iraq irrigated and growing corn among newly-built Wal Mart's and newly made lakes. It would be a vacation-destination rather than a desert hellhole. Iran would be too frickin' scared to do anything and probably would be welcoming Christians instead of persecuting them. The FF's would think nothing of nuking the whole dammed affair if the Russians or Chinese meddled.

Just think what it would be like if Jeff Davis was our President...

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 46 invisible), 2,282 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,643
Posts18,493,327
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.