Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Yikes. That grinder could have done a # on ya. Throw her in the scrap pile now. grin

FNA that thing has NO rust. No way you'd ever find one in MN/WI like that. No matter the make or model. Salt from our boots does more damage to floors than that.

Thanks for the pics, keep them coming, it is a fun project to watch.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Last time one of those things caught, ended up getting stiches soon afterwards.

Since it was dads grinder I replaced it today. I forget what the thing was off hand, makita or milwakee anyways it was a 6amp/10,000rpm grinder.

I found a 4 1/2" DeWalt that was a 10amp/11,000rpm grin might as well upgrade while I'm at it. cool Twas on clearance, and was a comobo package. That and a 3/8 drill for $80 I dont have alot of use for the drill but it was cheaper than just buying the exact same grinder by itself.

Also picked up the bellhousing today. I'm coming to the conclusion that most the people on Craigslist are rather...odd

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by mud_bogger
I'm coming to the conclusion that most the people on Craigslist are rather...odd

LOL grin

This is a great thread. Good luck with your project!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by mud_bogger

Also picked up the bellhousing today. I'm coming to the conclusion that most the people on Craigslist are rather...odd

Better stay out of the Personals section then. grin

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
The place looked like something outta a horror movie. Had all these lil shacks everywhere, about 20 partial cars sticking outta the bushes here an there. A rather uncomfortable place to say the least. Hell even that dog of mine didnt like it grin

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Allright guys, It'll be a while till I start buying the intake/carb stuff. But I'm curious.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of a 2barrel or the 4barrel carbs.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Depending on what you do to that motor, that 4barrel could give you 25hp or so. A lot depends on the setup of the carb, cfm's, vaccume secodaries, or double pumper. there is a ton of stuff you could get worried about.

I'm assuming you won't be too worried about gas milage, but it will be a lot better with the 2v.

The good thing about the 302 is there probably is a carb/intake set up for literally everything you can imagine.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Exactly - often you can score a carb/intake/cam combo (to include heads or not) with guaranteed HP and torque numbers. Pick up a good Mustang magazine and drool...

Me

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
the 302 is like the chevy 350 parts are everywhere and not hard to come by.You said it about craigslist but still a good source

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
No gas mileage isnt a big concern with this rig, but it is in the back of my mind.

Well I gave the new grinder a test run. The lil SOB has some serious balls. You can lay on it pretty hard and she doesnt bog out. I also broke down and bought a wire wheel that wasnt one of those $5 specials. Talk about a difference. Once again I got the reminder on getting what you pay for.

Anyways I still gotta clean the floorboards up under the dash. Just need to get my work light from work in order to do that. Havnt touched the back wall yet either.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
You'll do better with that grinder, from here it looks like the paddle trigger style? I like thos better. I have one like you just bought & I have an older one with a top switch, the paddle triggers kill the grinder when you let go. Very nice feature grin

As far as your carb question, I guess I'd go with an aluminum dual plane intake for quare bore 4 barrel & I'd just pick up a basic holley 600 cfm 4 barrel, vaccum secondaries with a manual choke. You can usually find someone like offy, weiand, edelbrock offering an intake like that for just over a hundred bucks & the carb should be at or under 225. Under low rpm you'll be pulling through those smaller primaries & you'll have that extra flow of the secondaries on reserve if you want to tap into some responsive power a little further up the rpm range.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Look in an off road or a mustang mag, you'll see intake/carb setups for aroud $3-400, You can get a cam thrown in for about $100 more. That is for an aluminum intake.

You can go used and find hundreds of the little buggers around, but I'd skip the used cam.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
i would say on intake check local bone yard these should be plentiful.And i still say you have way too much room in the garage

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Grandpa is in the last lap of a restoration on his 74 bronco. He mentioned that there was an intake for a 302 that wasnt going to be in use. SO I might snag that, we'll see.

Started on the back wall of the cab. Bout then the heat gun starts screaching and throwing a fit. I dunno what went wrong in there but that gun isnt happy.

Goona take it apart an fix it soon as it cools off. Then after I have removed any chance of fixing it, I'll have to replace the heat gun before dad finds out grin

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
grin

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
dad's always find out.It's wether he let's you know he found out is the subject

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Im not to worried about that. He's used to me breaking stuff, as it happens almost daily grin He is also used to me replacing or fixing what I break, hence why he doesnt have any issues with it.

I pulled that heat gun apart and managed to remove 3 wires out of the motor of it. Look like wires off one of the wire wheels I have been using. It runs better now but it is still unhappy and gipes a lil bit.

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Got some stuff done today. I got the back wall all cleaned up, so now all thats left of the runner stuff is the floor boards back under the dash.

On the back wall of the cab there were some hangers of sorts. I'm guessing they were for the jack rod to hang on. Anyways they bugged me so they needed to come off. I ran outta cutting wheels for the die-grinder so what the heck lets use a torch...................On second thought, I probly shouldnt a done that. The paint was fairly clean before I got involved.
[Linked Image]

Got these vents/drains welded up.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I love this Welder by the way.

[Linked Image]

Then I tackled that rust spot on the passenger side. I still have some cleaning up to do, but overall I think It turned out all right.
[Linked Image]

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Looking good.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Nice!

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

187 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 308xray, 1minute, 260Remguy, 264mag, 24 invisible), 2,110 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,116
Posts18,483,457
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.