Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Joe, if you come across another R7 Marbles or a Lyman R12 let me know. I have a Remington 12 that needs one. Ditto a tang sight for a 29. They're the onlyest pumps I have, and can't shoot them anymore due to the blurry rear sights. Funny, I don't remember those sights being so blurry 5 years ago. How did they get that way?

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll keep an eye out. That one there is most likely going back to him at the gunshow coming up in April and I'll swap it for the one I needed but I'll ask him what he wants for it when I swap him the sight back. Steve99 had dibs on that one but I'll see if he has another one around. Whats with all you guys and the Remington model 12's anyways? I thought we were Savage collectors?

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The Rem 12 was a slick little pump but for me it's mainly a nostalgia thing. Somewhere there is a pic of me at 10 yrs. old kneeling with my uncles Rem 12 that I used to kill about a hundred sparrows lined up on the ground in front of me. He paid me $.02 apiece plus free .22 shorts to clean them out of his barn. Big money for a little kid back then. I shudder to think how many holes I put in that roof!

Here's an observation I've made for a long time- it's often harder to find specific sights for an old gun than it is to find that old gun.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gnoahhh

Here's an observation I've made for a long time- it's often harder to find specific sights for an old gun than it is to find that old gun.

So true, thats why the Marbles V6 and S20 ain't going anywhere, might have need for them in the future. wink

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Joe, you're one guy who hasn't lost all his marbles!

IC B2

ROMAC Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I went digging to the back of a closet to look at the old Remington pump that I knew was there but had not looked at in a few years. It's got those holes for the for the Marbles R7 sight just like it should. Funny, I never really paid any attention to them before. I shoot BB caps out of the old gun to harrass the local ground hog population in the back yard.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Almost looks like a Savage model 25 don't it!

That sight mounts to the holes and then the stock, t came with the two tang screws and a small woodscrew for the back, neat.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
My Remington 12-C (pistol grip stock) weighs almost exactly the same is my 29A, plus it has the same length of slide throw. The 29 is more accurate though. (Seems to be anyway. Hard to tell with blurry sights!) If I take my contacts out, I can see the sights ok, but then the target is a bit blurry. Even at that I've been using them with CCI CB Longs to thin the marauding squirrel population here at the house. Quieter than an air rifle. Both are definite candidates for tang sights.

ROMAC Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I bought my Remington model 12 in 1982 for $10 from a neighbors brother a few days after my neighbors funeral. He knocked on my parents back door and my dad invited him in for a cup of coffee. After a little BS he said that his brother had 3 guns and he'd sell them for $100 for all 3. Looking back I was a cheap idiot and only bought the .22 for $10. My cousin Mike who happened to be over at my house bought a pristine Winchester model 1897 in 20 gauge for the princely sum of $40. I laughed at the one in 12 gauge because it had a hammer and I had just gotten an Ithaca 37 the xmas before.

I wish I could go back in time and grab that 12 gauge.

"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I actually bought that #30 thinking it was an 1899 tang sight that had the peep on backwards to until I started doing some digging and realised what it was for. The best part is that my model 29 is an easy 99% rifle and the tang sight matches it perfectly.

I saw that Marbles tang sight for a Stevens visible loader on Fleabay ended without one bid at $100, I honestly thought that sight would go for that. I'm gonna keep mine till I find a visible loader, saw one up here on a website not long ago for $350 in VG condition but never got around to getting pics of it and within a month it was gone. Oh well, just like any other gun, another one will turn up.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am working on acquiring a Remington Model 12 now, the MD Arms Collector Show was a bit of a wake-up call that these things are getting way expensive.

Was offered one for $300, a later round-barrel design, seriously considering it.

Gnoaah has a point about it being easier to find a gun than the sights for the gun. So when a Savage 1903 with a Marbles S2 came up for sale, I snagged it just for the sight.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 62 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,437
Posts18,470,834
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.