Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by isaac
My wallet and credit cards were stolen a year ago. The criminals who got hold of them have used my credit cards but they are much more frugal than my wife so I haven't reported it!

I love it!!! Thanks for the out-loud laugh this morning! grin

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well, I have credit card dept. The house is paid for, but is not livable because of Hurricane Ike. I also have money, but I can't pay off the cards until I pay for the house, and have no idea what it will cost. I don't want to have to refinance the house.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by NathanL
Those who carry no balances your up next. After the interest rates go up next will be an annual fee (some already have started this) for people who don't carry a balance.....

At that point they can have it back.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
No balance here either!

Me, either!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by FC363
I got rid of mine 10 years ago and I dont regret it for a second.

The best way to deal with cards is not only to cut them up, but call the CC company and cancel the card. All charges will stop accumulating. If you just cut the card up and pay on it, the interest will keep accruing.

Most won't do a thing until your card is paid off. You still acrue intrest and charges even if you're not using the card.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
Well you can't cure stupid......they get what they want.

Yep.

I use my CC on a day-to-day basis because I like the Cabela's points and I only have to write one check at the end of the month.

I haven't carried a balance in years and don't plan to start.

George

Same here George. I put EVERYTHING on my Cabela's card and pay it off when the bill comes in. Love the points.

Jim

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
What's ironic is that the credit bureaus via the cc companies have a hard time with folks who pay off each month on interest bearing accounts.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by joken2
Debit cards were useless due to the widespread power/communications outages during the first three - four days right after the the severe ice storm that hit Kentucky in late January. The stores and gas stations that would accept credit cards were few and far between.

With so many using direct deposit and debit cards nowadays, sure made it tough on a lot of folks. A person could have had a million dollars in their bank account but couldn't use a debit card to access any of it.

Good old U.S. green backs trumped all forms of plastic.

All of my assets are tied up in cash. wink

Dorothy told me once that somebody was going to knock me in the head and take my money. I asked her if I looked as if I had $2,000 in my pocket. She looked me over and said, "You don't look like you have two dimes to rub together".

Appearances can be deceiving.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I'll tell what's gonna happen. Run 'em up and just let Obama bail 'em out...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm going to take the other side of this trade.

I do believe it is incredibly irresponsible to carry a high CC balance long term. On this we agree. But I also think that it is immoral and unethical to change the terms of a loan after the deal has been struck. And this is what large % changes amount to.

I know that the laws regulating CCs are changing. And I, for one, think it is way past long enough on this count. It might be legal, but that don't make it right.

For the record I paid off my credit card last year. Smartest thing I have done in a while.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by MColeman

All of my assets are tied up in cash. wink

Dorothy told me once that somebody was going to knock me in the head and take my money. I asked her if I looked as if I had $2,000 in my pocket. She looked me over and said, "You don't look like you have two dimes to rub together".

Thats funny.

Go to a old car auction. There will be a bunch of guys there wearing sweat pant, cut off t-shirts, ratty shoes, with grease all over them. You wouldn't think they'd have $5 between the lot. But you could almost gaurantee that they'll be carying the cash they need to buy those cars.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Right, its not their fault. Just like it was the evil mortgage company that forced them to buy to expensive of a house.

C
CEJ1895 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
C
sse - grin We'll be paying off her small balance and I've already started looking for another one for her with a better rate that she'll only use in a pinch... What pizzed me off was the fact that ALL the CC companies were bombarding people with low interest rate offers only 6 months ago!!

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
only 6 months ago

What a difference 6 months makes...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by MColeman

For sure.. My family once had a customer who looked like a bum, drove an old, beat-up Cadillac and people would think he was kinda down and out.. But he kept $2-3,000.00 on him at all times; 5s and 10s in one pocket, 20s in another pocket and the 50s and 100s in the back two pockets.. Paid cash for everything..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by CEJ1895
My mom just got a notice today from Capital One stating as of next March her 7 1/2% fixed rate card will be changing to a variable rate card that will be based on the prime rate + 14.65 percent!
I just called mine and they lowered my rate from 5.9% to 4.9% for the next 12 months..

Wells Fargo has always treated me well...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CEJ1895
They're starting already guys - My mom just got a notice today from Capital One stating as of next March her 7 1/2% fixed rate card will be changing to a variable rate card that will be based on the prime rate + 14.65 percent! mad I guess they didn't get enough from Obammy's pig out, pork out, bail out bill!

You know I use my Capital One card for the Airline miles. I could care less if they change their rate to 30% because I pay my card off every month. If they start to charge you interest on you average for each month I'll be gone.

In over 30 years of credit card use I have never had a month I didn't pay off the complete balance of the card. Spend like you should and you'll never have a problem. Just remember you're not the government and you can't tax someone else to get the money.

NRA Lifetime Member
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by NathanL
Those who carry no balances your up next. After the interest rates go up next will be an annual fee (some already have started this) for people who don't carry a balance.....

Fortunately I don't owe anybody anthing. As the Good Book says, "the borrower is slave to the lender". Use a debit card, or better yet, cash.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Penguin
Smartest thing I have done in a while.

Will

Seems like smart thinking is something all you Campfire guys share. Good for all of you!!! [Linked Image]

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
the last figures i saw (about 4 months ago) said the AVERAGE AMERICAN had a credit card balance of around $9,000.00.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

222 members (12344mag, 257 roberts, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 2UP, 25 invisible), 1,639 guests, and 1,106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,750
Posts18,495,280
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.