Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
If I have a Leupold scope that was dropped and now the front bell is dented, bent, and the lens is broken, will Leupold fix it for free?

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looking at the one on ebay? I asked Leupold about another scope that was on there a few weeks back with similar conditions.

Around 60-80 for the lens and they didn't quote me on the actual new tube.

Life is just one damned thing after another
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've never had them charge me a dime to fix anything. I pay shipping to them; they pay shipping back to me. That's it. Now if you told them you were buying a scope that was broken for the express purpose of having them fix it, they might have a different approach. But when I sned them my scopes, they fix them.

Not had to do it a lot, but occasionally.

Dennis

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Will Leupold fix a scope that I broke for free?

They may be ok with it, as you broke it for free. I'm pretty sure, though, that if they were to discover that you charged money to break it, they would want their piece.

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If It were me. I would just buy another scope.

Why would it be Leupold's responsibility.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
It's a cheaper way out.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
If I have a Leupold scope that was dropped and now the front bell is dented, bent, and the lens is broken, will Leupold fix it for free?

25 years ago I was deer hunting with my big brother, I shot a nice buck and we took turns carrying the deer and packing the guns. while I was packing the guns I tripped and cartwheeled down the mountain and broke both mine and my brothers Leupold scopes in half.
I did not expect Leupold to fix them for free (my stupidity is not their responsibility).
They fixed the scopes and charged me for the tubes but they gave me the lenses.
Leupold is always more than fair, if it is their fault they will fix it for free if it is your fault they will be fair. If you ask more than that then Obama has way too much influence on you.
B

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by boatanchor
If you ask more than that then Obama has way too much influence on you.
B

You're my new hero.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I have sent 2 back and they repaired the Vari-X IIc at no cost and the with the Vari-X III, they gave me a personal phone call and said they no longer had the parts to repair it so what color would I like my new VX-III (Same power) to be that they were sending to replace the old scope! That's what I call service. I bought both scopes used. Brimfish

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Would Leupold repair the crosshairs on one of their older
scopes? I saw an old custom rifle with a Leupold on it and
the crosshairs needed to be replaced/repaired.

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have an M8 with a broken reticle now. I think they should replace it because I didn't do anything to it to damage it. It is simply a matter of warranty-express and implied.
I also have a VariXIII with a bent bell. Shipping damage pushed it down about 5 degrees-enough to see a silver ring on the tube at the base. I expect they will repair it but I'll pay them if they ask.

Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Overdoing
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by mcmurphrjk
Will Leupold fix a scope that I broke for free?

They may be ok with it, as you broke it for free. I'm pretty sure, though, that if they were to discover that you charged money to break it, they would want their piece.

HAAAA!!! LOL

Everything I say to you is a lie , and that is the truth.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
If you drop your COCA_COLA will the company give another ? Wake up ,I would not even think of getting it fixed for free.Leupold has been more than fair with a lot of us over the last half century , but I think it is possible to expect too much on occasions.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I send Back a 4.5-14 with a Bent bell. Charged me $40+ Shipping.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Might be within the letter of their warranty, but most definetly not within the spirit. This type of freeloading just might bring down the most fair and generous warranty and customer service in the business.

Says something about a guy, too.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Maybe, but I doubt it. Best to ask Leupold.

laissez les bons temps rouler
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by cmg
This type of freeloading....

Says something about a guy, too.

Since you seem to be directing that at me with your quote, I'd think you might want to reread the original post before you decide to call me out.

I asked a question about what might be expected from Leupold's warranty service. I did not say that I thought they should repair for free, nor did I say I would be upset if they did or did not, nor that I was even going to send the scope in to them. I clearly said that it was the fault of the user not the product.

I asked a question looking for an answer. I think your response says a bit about yourself.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
D.D. It seems like a play of words could result here .After re-reading your original question, it was as if you had some expectation of a free fix. I would have said NO and still think NO. The Leupold warranty was, I believe, to cover any Optical or Mechanical problems that may arise in the normal day to day use. They have on many occasions exceeded their responsiblity.I am the proud owner of 27 Leupold scopes and a Leupold spotting scope, I own no other brands. I think they have done a great service to the hunters and shooters of many nations including mine , regards and good shooting .

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My dad had a similar thing happen to him and his VariX II. Bent the rear just in front of the power ring after not too bad of a slip on the trail elk hunting. Sent it back expecting a new or fixed scope for free based on all the hype of Leupold's no questions asked lifetime warranty. He had to pay $150 for a new VXI. Not VXII, but VXI. Yes I know the whole vxI was replaing variX II, but to charge him and move him down a rung on the model line was a bit of a kick in the shorts.

My family lost a lot of Leupold brand loyalty. But, that's just our opinion.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't think they will or should fix somhething you broke for free.

I think they should and will fix a manufacturing defect.

Why would you even expect them to fix your mistake?

Goes GM fix your car if you wreck it because they have a bumper-to-bumper warranty?

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1234, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 72 invisible), 2,235 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,785
Posts18,495,990
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.