-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You won't find me driving down the Interstate after I've had anything to drink, but I won't say that I haven't had a beer or two out on the backroads. I've been dumb before when I was younger, but I'd like to think I'm wiser these days. Drunk driving is stupid and deadly. A beer and a burger at the neighborhood joint, that's not drunk driving. Just my opinion.

Now with even more aplomb
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The absolute worst memory of my carrer is a result of a drunk driver. About 20 years ago, I worked a head-on collision between Sabine Pass and Port Arthur. A drunk had just left a bar and struck the family of seven, headed to Sabine to drop off Dad, head-on as he rounded a curve. Both cars stopped in their tracks, at a combined speed of about 150mph. The only survivor was a five year old girl, who had terrible injuries, including loosing her face.

The incident didn't bother me (to bad)until I met the little girl again, two years later. The family had filed a civil suit against the bar for serving a drunk and letting him leave. She hugged me and told me I was a her hero. I just felt helpless and am still bothered about it.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't even imagine. I wasn't at the crash scene 2 nights ago when the teens got killed but I saw the pics. We all have horror stories. There have been more than a few over the years and I thankfully can't remember them all.

The laws may not prevent some people from committing the first offence, but I think they work to prevent a second offence for many. The hard core addicts are hopeless and won't change no matter what you do to them.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Perhaps I do not understand the probably of being over .08 - I was told by a local LEO that my 185-lb carcass would test over .08 after consuming more than one beer per hour. That has become my limit, period. Perhaps this is for the best, as I would hate to find out the hard way I was .08.

As for not liking the current DUI/Impaired laws and penalties, I must state I am not a bar owner nor have I ever been arrested for anything - and do not intend to be incarcerated, least of all for a low-rent DUI/Impaired/Whatever.

I will freely admit this threat HAS altered my perception of enjoying an afternoon beer away from home - good, bad, ugly or whatever, times have changed. Also, I always make it a point to never, ever drive with even one beer in the tummy after dark -- my theory now is that The Devil comes out at sunset driving a black-and-white car, and he will capture you and cause you to lose your freedom and wealth. smirk

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (35, 300_savage, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 7mm_Loco, Akhutr, 7 invisible), 1,687 guests, and 938 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,326
Posts18,526,470
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.