-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Haven't read all this thread yet, though I imagine getting into the gym and doing some lower back exercises and others would help reduce the inflammation. I know that when I get some backpain, working out tends to relieve it a fair bit. I imagine some routine stretching (daily) along with possibly a little yoga would go a long way as well.

Last edited by Scorpion; 03/31/09.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
VAnimrod,
All the above is worthwhile advice, but, being a chiropractor, I have to tell you....go see one! There could be a misalignment issue with your lumbar spine or sacroiliac joint that is getting aggravated with your carry, and often a few adjustments will resolve the misalignment issue, decrease the inflamation, and allow you to carry what you want, how you want, when you want.

Whip

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Being a 50+ yr patient of back pain with two major back suregery/fusions.I can offer some related advice. I'm no doctor or expert.

Diet ain't going to help you if you have a pinched nerve,herniated discs or the like. Exersize will, if you can strengthen the back muscles,but it won't help your problem much.
When you load your spinal column unevenly,expect trouble.

You most likely have a condition where a nerve is very close to being impinged on. There probably is inflamation which causes swelling which in turn then impinges on the nerve. Arthritus settles in as we age and the spurs and inflammtion developed from that also irratates the nerves and reduces the space that the nerves take up.Once you enter the realm of pains shooting down your leg ,vs an aching back,you enter a whole new dimension

Chiropratic manipulation and message will releive the pain to some extent,but won't heal the condition.It will give the inflamation a chance to subside and thereby relieve that particular incidence,but it will reappear the next time you do something you should not.

All that being said, I would opt for a lighter CCW. There are quite a few out there in the 15-18 oz class. Certainly not the optimum choice for self defnse, but better than a sharp stick. A fanny pack would serve better in the T-shirt condition, with one that is specifically made for CCW carry.That would center the weight. A shoulder holster inside a suit jcaket might work better than a WB carry, taking and redistributing the weight more evenly. A firearm that is under powered,but you carry, is better than one you leave home because it is uncomfortable to carry.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Whip
VAnimrod,
All the above is worthwhile advice, but, being a chiropractor, I have to tell you....go see one! There could be a misalignment issue with your lumbar spine or sacroiliac joint that is getting aggravated with your carry, and often a few adjustments will resolve the misalignment issue, decrease the inflamation, and allow you to carry what you want, how you want, when you want.

Whip

BT/DT. I have a good one, and see him regularly.

V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Being a 50+ yr patient of back pain with two major back suregery/fusions.I can offer some related advice. I'm no doctor or expert.

Diet ain't going to help you if you have a pinched nerve,herniated discs or the like. Exersize will, if you can strengthen the back muscles,but it won't help your problem much.
When you load your spinal column unevenly,expect trouble.

You most likely have a condition where a nerve is very close to being impinged on. There probably is inflamation which causes swelling which in turn then impinges on the nerve. Arthritus settles in as we age and the spurs and inflammtion developed from that also irratates the nerves and reduces the space that the nerves take up.Once you enter the realm of pains shooting down your leg ,vs an aching back,you enter a whole new dimension

Chiropratic manipulation and message will releive the pain to some extent,but won't heal the condition.It will give the inflamation a chance to subside and thereby relieve that particular incidence,but it will reappear the next time you do something you should not.

All that being said, I would opt for a lighter CCW. There are quite a few out there in the 15-18 oz class. Certainly not the optimum choice for self defnse, but better than a sharp stick. A fanny pack would serve better in the T-shirt condition, with one that is specifically made for CCW carry.That would center the weight. A shoulder holster inside a suit jcaket might work better than a WB carry, taking and redistributing the weight more evenly. A firearm that is under powered,but you carry, is better than one you leave home because it is uncomfortable to carry.

I think you're right, on all counts.

Damn it........

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Here is your answer Sean smile smile smile
[Linked Image]

Double Huckleberry Shoulder Rig

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
Can't wear that to the office (well, and keep my job).

If a shoulder holster would work, I'd already be wearing one.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T LEE
Here is your answer Sean smile smile smile
[Linked Image]

Double Huckleberry Shoulder Rig

Man, I LOVE that rig !!!!!!!!...........where can I get one?

MM

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Neat.

MM

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 160user, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 2,149 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,047
Posts18,482,245
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.