-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mine seems to shoot fine with the factory trigger guard, so I guess I will keep it.

GB1

D
DARBY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Mine shoots fine too - my thought is that it could be visually more pleasing. Yes, it looked this way when I bought it.

The trigger itself is pretty much a non-issue by now too. My 452 is not scoped - it's a Lux and would be difficult to mount a scope on without resorting to overly-high mounts to clear the rear sight base. The good news is that the iron sights are quite good and I do not notice how sloppy the stock trigger is when not looking through a scope. Yes, I know there are many fixes for the trigger, but for now it is doing fine as an iron-sighted truck rifle.

I am very much aware that these rifles have a very loyal following and from most accounts I read just about everyone is delighted with theirs. Maybe I expected too much -- ??? -- confused

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Tim1
Hi All,

I believe this is the English producer mentioned above:

dce Holne R & D Ltd.

Tel: 00 44 1548 856742

e-mail: garydce-holne-rd.com

www.dce-holne-rd.com

They have recently been featured in the New Products section of one of our magazines.

Good luck,

Tim

Received the following response from the English producer:

"We are not at present able to ship to the states due to export licensing.
We are trying to resolve the problem and will keep your email details to inform you of the payment details.
Best Regards
Ian"

frown

MtnHtr

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anyone that owns a drill press, a good drill vise and a hand full of files can fix the problem and make a new trigger guard.

It ain't rocket science, after all.

Thus saith thr lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeh from the lord. Jeremiah 17:5 KJV
D
DARBY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I'm not geared up (equipment- or talent-wise) to make an acceptable triggerguard, buy hey, if you can do it, PM me for my address and I'll graciously evaluate your sample (gift)... cool cool

Thanks in advance - -

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DARBY
I'm not geared up (equipment- or talent-wise) to make an acceptable triggerguard, buy hey, if you can do it, PM me for my address and I'll graciously evaluate your sample (gift)... cool cool

Thanks in advance - -

DARBY: Alaska and Arizona? Come on now, we are rugged individualist. How do you know you can't if you haven't tried? Get a hunk of steel larger than the unit, 1010 or 1020 SAE. Lay out fluid, awl to trace the outline. Drill outside of the lines. Their is you template. Remove all the metal that's in the way. Sand to your desire finish and rust blue.

You will be more proud of what you are capable of doing than anything you can buy.

Thus saith thr lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeh from the lord. Jeremiah 17:5 KJV
D
DARBY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Sad to say I don't have any metalworking equipment at all these days, but I did drive by a Holiday Inn Express yesterday... crazy

I do have a friend with a machine shop and am trying to get him interested in making something along the lines of the RD piece.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They are not the nicest looking trigger guard on the block that's for sure, but not so ugly as to justify the cost to me.
I do know of a guy that does bluing, maybe this winter if he can drop in mine with a job that grinder file idea is a good one.

I am going to do something with the trigger for sure. I thought it was ok till the last couple of weeks. We have shot well in excess of 1000 rounds, maybe two, eliminating several hundred whistle pigs. It is to hard of a pull, making my trigger finger feel tired a little for a couple of days. Maybe I am getting old, or not, but a lighter trigger is a must have for my 452 American. The guard is a maybe.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I got one of those all steel blued trigger guards from R&D Custom before they went out of business. The service was really slow and poor customer service, found out that the owner was having health issue fighting cancer. Ashame that R&D went out of business but wish the owner a full healthy recovery.

Tod Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What is a reasonable price for an all steel guard? I have a mill sitting unused and i might try to make a few.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tod, can you remember what you paid for your trigger guard from R&D? If my memory serves me right, think mine was $125? I thought that was a little steep. I was thinking more along the lines of $75-$85.

Leo

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tod
What is a reasonable price for an all steel guard? I have a mill sitting unused and i might try to make a few.

About $125 would seem fair to me if it didn't need too much polishing and was made of good steel and not aluminum.

I'm in the market for 2.

Terry

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You guys know there is a real simple solution to this. Someone with one of the trigger guards you all want, needs to step forward with the trigger guard for a prototype and get a group buy together, money would have to be up front. Get a hold of Butch Lambert and have him do a cnc project with one of the shops he uses. Have as many as you want that way. As long as there is enough money you can get them made. It is not hard to do as a group. Unless of course one of you has deep pockets and thinks he can make some money. I would trust that personnel and would only move forward with cash in hand. That way you weed out the also rans. Lots of small CNC shops looking to do small runs, as long as the money is there.

Just get this organized. Call for a group buy.

If and when you folks figure out who the real players are, contact BUTCH

Last edited by 3sixbits; 05/24/09.

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I talked a gunsmith yesterday with a CNC machine. He say's he can do it but the price would depend on how many units he makes.

If I provided this product how many would buy at say somewhere between $100 and $125 for one of these in the white?

Right now I'm thinking probably just the .22LR and .17HM2 but if there was enough of a market for the magnums we could do those too.

I'm not asking for a deposit or anything Just trying gauge serious interest.

Terry

BTW, this is what the guy is capable pf. He made this bottom metal from scratch and say's the CZ trigger guard looks like a fun project.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
TC1
If we can get them finished en masse, I would think it would be less expensive. Either way though, I'd be in for at least one or two.

D
DARBY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I certainly would like one - will be interested to see how this endeavor turns out. For a real test of the waters, put this proposal on Rimfirecentral -- smile

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There is a guy over there talking about doing some but right now he's convinced they need to made out of aluminum. Hell, I would pay a nickel for that.

Terry

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TC1
There is a guy over there talking about doing some but right now he's convinced they need to made out of aluminum. Hell, I would pay a nickel for that.

Terry

If you are going to pay to have them done then insist they be made out of 1018. This will give the best for most finishes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TC1
If I provided this product how many would buy at say somewhere between $100 and $125 for one of these in the white?

Terry

I'm in for one for the .22 LR

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
S
S
Hi Guys any more news on those cz 452 trigger guards.I have a brno model 2 452 that i would like to change the guard on. The original one is a bit cheap.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (16penny, 35, afisher, Anaconda, 12 invisible), 1,432 guests, and 812 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,493
Posts18,472,101
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.