-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bullwnkl is right. You have to sit yourself down and have a serious talk with your self before you ever decide to have a defensive weapon. You have to answer the uestion "Can <BR>I kill another human beeing with out thinking about it"? I don't mean that you shouldn't make sure it is a must shoot situation or have a plan. What I mean is that if it comes down to having to shoot there usually won't be time to have philosophical discussions with your self about right and wrong. You just do it without thinking about it.<BR>BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think I may try combining two suggestions given here and put a sign on my front door:<P><BR>I am the TUSH HOG and the HOOKING BULL.<BR>I am the meanest critter God ever put a gut in.I claim the ground where I stand and that which joins it.I can whup any man of woman born.I am a stranger to fear and a shirt-tail cousin to death and destruction.Three buzzards make a good living following me around.I am so mean I s^#t a-walking.If I quote scripture,a prudent man listens,for I am the TUSH HOG and the HOOKING BULL.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Folks, just a tidbit for thought. <P>A few months ago here in NC some dude tried to rob a gas station around Fayetteville (home of Fort Bragg).<P>The owner brought his AR15 down on said perp, who turned tail and ran. The owner shot him in the back several blocks away, killing the perp. To the best of my knowledge no charges were ever filed.<P>Anyone who has more info on this story, please chime in here.<P>In no way am I advocating these actions, just reporting something interesting. I certainly can think of better home defense guns. In some situations the AR15 could provide some serious intimidation, though!<P>Still relying on the axe handle under the bed, Talus

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
According to the local paper, 2 guys busted for sticking up a gas station are tied to the invasion which started this thread. I hope they can prove it and put these punks away. Truth be known, I'd say their also responsible for our recent string of burglaries too. You see this stuff now and then around here, but when there's a rash of such incedents, it's ussually tied together.<P>Be that as it may, with the down turning economy, it's still better to be safe then sorry. I know we've been through this, but much as you hate the thought of someone being in your home, it is way better to remain on the defencive than to go hunting them in the dark. Too many bad things can happen, especialy in a stressful situation as described. That, along with the fact that you're in a lot of heat for shooting someone,(even if they're in your home) makes it more sencible to stay put.<P>As I said, once Wifey is used to shooting a handgun, I intend for all three of us to take a self-defence class. I hope we never need such training, but in this day and age, I deem it prudent. Thanks again all.<BR>7mmbuster

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

502 members (10gaugeman, 2500HD, 257Ackley, 1beaver_shooter, 22kHornet, 10gaugemag, 55 invisible), 3,698 guests, and 1,386 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,700
Posts18,534,641
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.