-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No, we are in the 10th. Boy will this piss off a lot of the lib's in Chicago. laugh Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
That it comes from the 9th, unanimously on this point, is telling.

If by "telling" you mean "simply F-ing astonishing", I agree. smile

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
isn't it funny how liberal conventional wisdom a couple of years ago was that only quacks believed in an individual right under the second amendment, and the media dutifully parroted that view as something all normal people should know and believe.

and now we get language like this from the most liberal circuit in the country.....simply amazing, and further evidence for the "elections don't matter, they're all the same" crowd to pull your heads out of your collective asses.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Kamerad_Les
No, we are in the 10th. Boy will this piss off a lot of the lib's in Chicago. laugh Les

Chicago,.....?

Pelosi's gonna' chit a green ,...........

.......................................Pelosi ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Feinstien's gonna cop a coniption fit.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Boxer's gonna' have a Pelosi Hehmorage.

GTC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm not going to comment about Fat T.K.

......but you know ,...this COULD induce "The Big One"

GTC

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
That pesky 'Heller' deal strikes again.

Retired cat herder.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
We need to make this decision nationally known. An excellent ruling!

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Boxer's gonna' have a Pelosi Hehmorage.

GTC

Do you mean "Pelosi Hehmorage" or "Pelosi Hemroid"?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From the 9th! Will wonders never cease!

BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
The new Nordyke is a strong opinion, even though it allows restriction on gun shows on public property under the "reasonable regulation' rule. A defendant who pleads an exception to the 2d Amendment has the burden of showing that the statue or ordinance restricting gun fights is reasonable under the circumstances.

The far left loonies had really hoped to restrict Heller to federal cases, whch would have made it of significant, but limited, utility as only the US government would be bound by the 2d Amendement. The NRA and other 2d Amendment protectors geared up on this one, got good lawyers in place, and made frontal assaults in CA and other places. This case will make it very hard for IL, DE, NY, MA and other such havens to continue to deny citizens their 2d amendment rights.

I have belonged to the NRA for 34 years and now am an Endowment Member. If you do not belong, look them up on the web, https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp, and become at least an annual member. This is especially important with the current administration. Remember that treaties, which are ratified by the US Senate, take precedence over federal and state statutes (although not over the Constitution). A firearms import-export treaty with Mexico could seriously affect our 2d Amendment rights.

Get up and join the NRA now (unless you are a member)!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Steve, I'm a little rusty on this. Would you do me the favor of explaining the meaning of "incorporation" in this case?

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Essentially, and in very simple terms, the states incorporated the mandates of Heller to state application rather than a sole Federal application.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by blancocounty
The new Nordyke is a strong opinion, even though it allows restriction on gun shows on public property under the "reasonable regulation' rule. A defendant who pleads an exception to the 2d Amendment has the burden of showing that the statue or ordinance restricting gun fights is reasonable under the circumstances.

The far left loonies had really hoped to restrict Heller to federal cases, whch would have made it of significant, but limited, utility as only the US government would be bound by the 2d Amendement. The NRA and other 2d Amendment protectors geared up on this one, got good lawyers in place, and made frontal assaults in CA and other places. This case will make it very hard for IL, DE, NY, MA and other such havens to continue to deny citizens their 2d amendment rights.

I have belonged to the NRA for 34 years and now am an Endowment Member. If you do not belong, look them up on the web, https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp, and become at least an annual member. This is especially important with the current administration. Remember that treaties, which are ratified by the US Senate, take precedence over federal and state statutes (although not over the Constitution). A firearms import-export treaty with Mexico could seriously affect our 2d Amendment rights.

Get up and join the NRA now (unless you are a member)!

"A firearms import-export treaty with Mexico could seriously affect our 2d Amendment rights."

I find this to be pretty typical of an NRA within whose "Leadership" we can still find one Juaquin Jackson.

This , from a fellow lifer who signs up many a new member,...and pretty regularly.

I find the excerpt from your post above typical in it's "soft pedal" approach.

Try this,

"A firearms import-export treaty with Mexico could seriously affect the longevity of the "Globalists" purveying same"

The Second Amendment has NEVER been stronger, and all that ammo that we can't find on shelves did NOT get shipped to Mexico.

Bout time folks quit acting "Spooked",.....and Fear Mongering was abandoned as a recruitment tactic.

One Lifer to another,.....

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 04/20/09.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by isaac
Essentially, and in very simple terms, the states incorporated the mandates of Heller to state application rather than a sole Federal application.

Got it. Thanks, Isaac.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by blancocounty
A defendant who pleads an exception to the 2d Amendment has the burden of showing that the statue or ordinance restricting gun fights is reasonable under the circumstances.

Dammit, I thought this meant they could no longer restrict gun fights!

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
It takes $250K or more to take a case as far as this one has gone and the NRA and a few other good organizations are making it possible. Did you help make this decision possible?

I am very familiar with the Obama administration's lies about the % of guns used in crime in Mexico that actually are smugggled in from the US. Also, I try cases in towns along the Texas--Mexico border and am all too knowledgable about how dangerous the border area is and how the present administration might use this danger as an excuse to sabotage the 2d Amendment via a treaty with Mexico.

Making threats only marks you as someone who talks loud but does not help shoulder the burden. Others will protect the 2d Amendment while you rant.

You are now on my "ignore" list.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Wonder if this will even hit Holder and Emanuel's radar... Not that they will give up, they'll try something along the lines of banning specific features, or taxing/registering ammunition, etc. Going to slow them down a bunch, though.

Thanks for the heads up on this, didn't even know it was in court!

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
For a new guy, you best learn the ropes before you decide to go cowboy. Crossfire is a fine member of this forum and you won't have many disagreements with him at all in re: this issue.

Slow down a bit and learn the players or it will come back and bite you in the ass.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

662 members (06hunter59, 007FJ, 1234, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 3,174 guests, and 1,378 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,746
Posts18,514,577
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.