-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If I'm going to the bush, Alaska Airlines is my "I'd rather walk airline. If it's going to the outside, It' my last choice. The Never on time air line has been the worst carrier I have ever dealt with. Lost luggage, over payment for excess weight baggage, ridiculous tagging and then still loose the bags. Lied to, time and again. I've only had trouble with them, every time I flew with them. I think climbing a ladder to get on board and off from a 727 is just a thrill. You would think that they could hire baggage handlers that could not only read, but treat baggage the way the sticker said. I watched the dirty low lives at Seattle ignore the tags and play games with mu luggage. Good thing I was a story above and separate by plate glass.

My answer to Alaska Airlines has come to be, "No thanks, I'd rather walk". I don't think anyone could have picked a topic that engenders harder feeling for me than Alaska Airlines.

Thus saith thr lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeh from the lord. Jeremiah 17:5 KJV
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I flew with Alaska last week and considered sending stuff ahead. It was cheaper to pay the baggage fees than ship, although shipping ahead guarantees that your stuff will be there when you are. My previous trip, my wife's luggage didn't catch up to us until the last day of the trip and I had already bought her a new wardrobe.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by muledeer
I've flown Northwest, Delta, United, Continental, KLM and a couple others, along with a lot of flights on Alaska Airlines, over the past years. 2006 was the last time I was on NWA and KLM, I think; I've flown on Delta this year and United within the last couple of years.

All I can say is that, despite the difficulties it is facing, Alaska Airlines will have to drop another 90% to fall to the level of every other airline I've flown in the past 20 years or so. Until I retired two years ago, I flew 60 to 80 flights a year, so I have not been exactly inexperienced in what various airlines offer.

Alaska Airlines may be sliding, and they may have problems, but they are still so far above everyone else that they rate no discussion. I won't consider flying another company if Alaska flies to the same spot, unless the price is significantly higher. And that's not going to happen.

YMMV...

Dennis

Pretty much the same mileage I get. wink

After my Delta fiasco16 months ago, I'd pay extra to avoid them. I dislike other airlines far more than AK.

Besides, I like the sound of their name........

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (2ndwind, 41rem, 7mm_Loco, 12 invisible), 2,356 guests, and 1,012 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,779
Posts18,536,011
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.