M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
1eyedmule,

May we quote you on that?

John

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Absolutely! Rifle Loonys love to be quoted!

"One should not talk to a skilled hunter about what is forbidden by the Buddha."

- Hsiang-yen by way of Gary Snyder
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by 1eyedmule
Rifle Loony - a person, usually a man, who could have been an alcoholic or religious zealot (many like a drink or display an appropriate amount of religious zeal) but who, at the crucial moment in his psychological development, instead of taking the pamphlet from the bald person at the airport or the wino's bottle, found himself leafing through an old book ("Handloading" by Phil Sharpe or one John Barsness' "Gun Gack" series) or perhaps contemplating the magical and consequential extension of his will beyond his hand in the dying of a buck on a cold November morning. Whatever the triggering experience this man has found a mold of sufficient complexity and meaning to hold his soul. He can lose himself in the endless, esoteric physics or feel himself braced in the rush and violence of life as lived in the moment by prey and predator. If you ask him what a "Rifle Loony" is, you are apt to get a wholly unsatisfactory answer. No one feels this lack of proper clarity more than the Rifle Loony himself. But, how can a man describe what is essentially a way of being.
Gun Nuts, Rifle Aficionados, etc. are the various earlier stages in the development of the 100%, certifiable Rifle Loony. Interventions, water-cures, homeopathy can show some effect in these early stages if the condition is deemed undesirable in a specific case. However, once a man or in some cases a woman has reached the stage of Rifle Loonyism he is beyond hope or reproach.

Wow! Nicely done.

Guy

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Thanks, guy.

"One should not talk to a skilled hunter about what is forbidden by the Buddha."

- Hsiang-yen by way of Gary Snyder
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not understanding the word part of various authors is due to inhibited literary dysfunction…..
Less TV, more books…..
Looney works for me….

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father but by me. John 14:6
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i am a little late to this post . am i a rifle Loony ? ya just ask my wife or the ladies before i married my dear wife i call Blondie 45 years ago . i really am afraid to count the different cartridge dies , rifles , and pistols i own yet probably 70 + or more but at 69 years of life it is sure is fun or as some of us say : beer and bullets nothing better !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Pete I call my wife of 30+ years Blondie as well. I'm a Loonie, in fact going through GG4 I have 19 of the calibers listed. At a new 70 I say beer, bullets and bourbon nothing better. It's a great club to be in.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by GSPfan
Pete I call my wife of 30+ years Blondie as well. I'm a Loonie, in fact going through GG4 I have 19 of the calibers listed. At a new 70 I say beer, bullets and bourbon nothing better. It's a great club to be in.

i got 41 caliber/rifles in this little book mentioned i have many more too and i have the ability to load and have loaded 22 Win. mags. that`s a long story. > cool so there is another lady with name Blondie , my friends could never understand why she stayed with me ? i did make a promise to my Blondie no more Bourbon i got in to much trouble that Tarzan juice made me too crazy.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Wow 41 calibers (of course I have several that aren't mentioned) I feel like an underachiever LOL. I am way out of my pay grade with my Blondie that's a fact.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
my personal opinion is we need a gun loony flag to hang our house's that says that we are gun loony's and proud of it!

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I like that a gun rat because I like pistol auto or revolver shot guns and rifles reloading and just plain shooting from center fire and rimfire or shotgun and I'm truly a gun slut, loony or rat. i think if it needs to be changed gun rat would be better.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 160user, 10Glocks, 46 invisible), 2,304 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,397
Posts18,470,010
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.