-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's funny you mention cows. At one range here there are some power lines behind the range at probably 1000 yards and they are the super high power lines. There's a sign on the door going to the range about not shooting the power lines...and the owner always thinks I'm wierd if I'm shooting and someone shows up I don't know I go in and BS till they leave.

They have steel targets at 300 yards and the range isn't that far from town (Ok town is a stretch). People ask all the time why people are out there ringing a bell....

Otto is my co-pilot.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
$30 per year or $300 for a life membership.

4 trap houses, archery course, (regular, and 3d targets), two ponds where you can train your hunting dogs, and a rifle range that includes a 25, 50, 75, 100, and two hundred yard target backstops.

We also have a nice air conditioned club house, with satellite tv, and $1.50 beers after your done shooting. cool

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
About $200 per year - one shotgun range and one 100m rifle range. Pretty much the only option though.

You do get a key so can use it when you like (except when the range is booked which seems often). I generally shoot on Friday nights when everybody else must be out in town boozing as am generally the only one there!

Worst thing is that due to the range rules and design (concrete shooting bays with sold waist high benches) you can only shoot standing or sitting on a seat - no prone, seated on ground, kneeling etc so all practice from field positions has to be done in the field...guess I'm the only one that believes you need to practice wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm Lucky I guess,

I have a field on our place that's 500 yds +.

Got 6" plates set up @ 300 yds. - 9" steel @ 400 yds. - 12" steel @ 500 yds.

Last edited by SevenOaks; 06/17/09.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
$50.00 for the first year and $65.00 a year thereafter for the private one in Arcadia. 2-100 yard ranges, 1- 50 yard range, a bowling pin range, a 50 yard containment range for full auto and training beginners and a shotgun trap area. Bring up to 2 guests each visit and up to 8 at a time for NRA training classes if you are an instructor, we are a 100% NRA member range. We have an open to the public match each Sunday of the month: 1st Sunday Shotgun/Sporting Clays, Second Sunday: Cowboy Action Match, Third Sunday: Action Pistol, Action Rifle, Action Shotgun, Bowling Pins, Bullseye and P.P.C, 4th Sunday of every month: Centerfire pistol Shooting, 4th Saturday of every month: 22LR Pistol Silhouette Shooting.

Then there is the C. M. Webb/Babcock Wildlife Management Area, $3.00 a day, $27.00 a year, Florida residents over 65 FREE. They have a 50 yard 8 place handgun only range plus 2 8 place rifle ranges, one is 100-200 yards and the second is 50-100 yards, a shotgun area and a small archery area. Public restrooms and range officers. All shooting points except the shotgun are covered and the shotgun section has 2 shelters.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
$60 per year if you're an NRA member, $90 if you aren't. The club I was in before I moved from Texas made NRA membership mandatory. It's the only way private shooting clubs can get insurance I'm told.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
i shoot out of my back (or front) yard across one of my farm fields.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I guess we are not civilized enough to have a Gun Club. All of our ranges in this area are public. Some of them, like the one I shoot at, have annual memberships though. Ours is $125/year.

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
that would suck having to find a place to shoot. my friend and i set up a nice 1000 yard range on his farm, and have room to go further. its about 15 miles away, which is no big deal, the nearest town to me is 20 miles.

out here in the country, the range is where you put it! just clean up after yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Logger,

They've had a heck of a fight, but they've enlisted a good ally. They got the area police forces to use it as a regional training center and the Legislature to protect such facilities. Not had much of a fight of since.

-Steve

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
I pay $50.00/year for a family membership to the F&G Club for convenience (if it's raining, etc.). I do most of my shooting on family land (blueberry crop-land) when I want to settle in and make a day of it.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
$71 per year max. If you help out with range maintenance/cleanup on a designated day or arrange a special project with the RO, you get to knock $25 off. If you renew membership prior to end of fiscal year you can knock off another $10. If you are a club officer, you get a "free" membership. ALL members must be NRA members (so we ALL share in the cost of insurance) and if you don't have an NRA #, you don't get the gate combo until you do. 10 covered shooting benches (ambidextrous), 10 yd to 200 yd target lines, handgun or rifle. All paper shooting with wood or PVC target frames. No moving targets for shotgun - pattern shooting only. This range is about 10 minutes from my house. We are very cautious about ground strikes as the "dirt" around here is loaded with rocks and potential ricochets. There are two other ranges within a half hour drive for me but this one is more convenient, is more "exclusive" and I can even go out there on a Saturday and have the place to myself most of the time . . .

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
God's country don't come cheap smile Land around Atlanta is too valuable and too populated to use as a rifle range. It's the same around Savannah where I live.

Some of the WMAs throughout the state have ranges. There may be one of those near-by.

Wish I had an answer but I'm in the same boat.

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mine is $300 initiation and $300 annual. Rifle and pistol ranges, skeet, sporting clays, trap. CMP matches, Schuetzen, etc.

We are building a new club west of here which will have 600 yard ranges. Got dinged with a $180 special fees assessment to facilitate the move.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Mine cost $45.00 per year. It's great. Combination lock at the front gate and one for the target frame shed. Very nice and well maintained facility. Separate trap, skeet, sporting clays, rifle, handgun ranges. Typically, unless there's a match going on, I'm the only one in the entire facility. Love it.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Typically, unless there's a match going on, I'm the only one in the entire facility. Love it.

That's what I enjoy about the club I belong to as well. The exception being just prior to deer season. Those guys have to get their 3 rounds a year in smile .

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Our range is $120/year and has the following:

600 yard covered range
100 yard covered range
50 yard covered range
Multiple high-berm pistol bays
Trap house

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
$35 per year, another $50 if you don't put in at least 4 hours of work. We have a 25 yard pistol range, and a 100 yard rifle range. The trap house is in line with the rifle range, so the rifle and pistol ranges are closed on trap nights.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
100 per year

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
$10 a year. The range is on wholly-owned land. Twelve concrete benches, with target berms at 100 and 200 yards, and a steel clanger at 300. The problem is that it uses volunteer range officers and there's hardly ever one there, so people just shoot without bothering to join. Those are the bastids who haul TVs, computers, propane tanks and other assorted trash - including glass bottle - to shoot at. Naturally, when those things are full of holes, they suddenly become too heavy to haul off or even pile into the huge dumpster.

Cheap has its price.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

156 members (2ndwind, 300_savage, 1badf350, 117LBS, 204guy, 1lessdog, 23 invisible), 2,203 guests, and 932 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,446
Posts18,528,794
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.